• Picnic1 - November 21, 2009 2:55 p.m.

Although there was deserved mentions of Disney Megadrive games in general and Cool Spot (and, thankfully, some less good looking SNES games were left out for a change) I'd have liked to have seen Donkey Kong Country mentioned (although with 3D sprites is that 2D enough to be counted?) I know that, by the criteria of the control being too linear, you haven't included some graphic adventures but The Curse of Monkey Island is fondly remembered (even though Grim Fandango's art style gets mentioned more).
  • waynski1457 - November 21, 2009 7:26 a.m.

So wait, all this and there is no way I can actually play The Act? I WOULD HAVE PLAYED YOUUUUUUU!
  • Ravenbom - November 21, 2009 7:04 a.m.

2D FTW!
  • Bobbety - November 21, 2009 6:01 a.m.

Damn that's depressing!Mind you I probably hadn't ever been in an arcade at the time of The Act.
  • SuperStingray - November 21, 2009 5:34 a.m.

What's this? Games Radar making an article about artistic games and NOT promoting Okami?
  • Cyberninja - November 21, 2009 4:14 a.m.

the act did look fun to bad it will have to rest in peace
  • silvereye - November 21, 2009 2:44 a.m.

They all looked awesome, but I would have included sonic 1 somewhere, I mean at the time it was considered to be amazing, but apart from that awesome article GR! :)
  • 435 - November 21, 2009 2:08 a.m.

Just set a couple of keyframes and let the computer do it for you? As a 3D animator, frankly, I'm insulted.
  • Hurricrane - November 21, 2009 1:37 a.m.

I have never heard of The Act, looks really cool. Too bad it wasn't recognized, I would've bought it >.>
  • Conman93 - November 21, 2009 12:39 a.m.

Would u classify old zelda games ( like link to the past) as 2d
  • AnonymouZ - November 20, 2009 11:58 p.m.

of course it's our fault. i mean. who buys videogames to play with their knobs... *cough* xtreme volleyball *cough*
  • zigs - November 20, 2009 11:46 p.m.

I was totally expecting Braid to be number one. Bit surprised to not see it in the list at all to be honest, i think it's one of the most gorgeous games i've ever seen.
  • aion7 - November 20, 2009 11:29 p.m.

Good job on the fighting game section. you got my favorites (SF3:3S, MvC2, Garou:MOTW, etc.).
  • H2A2I00 - November 20, 2009 10:45 p.m.

wow the act looks amazing i would have totally played that on an arcade
  • Yaro - November 20, 2009 10:43 p.m.

Morons! You forgot Samurai Shodown! J/K, actually this is the first time I took the time to look at a video of Boy and his blob and it really IS wonderful, had goosebumps throughout the video, thanks to the music as well.
  • AtrocityExhibition - November 20, 2009 10:09 p.m.

yay i love 2D animation, probably a lot more than 3D too, and its good to see some of my all time favorite games like earthworm jim, skullmonkeys, castle crashers and wario land get mentioned in one article
  • Unoriginal - November 20, 2009 10:08 p.m.

A top 7 on a Friday? Christmas came early! Kinda feels like the whole feature was written to make us feel bad about The Act:( Mission accomplished
  • Romination - November 20, 2009 9:57 p.m.

Nothing says stunning like a crotch shot... Thanks for saying your love of The Behemoth. I love the hell out of that studio, it needs to get more recognition.