• nikrusty - September 15, 2010 9:22 a.m.

Stubbs the zombie rocks...pls make more for pc like that. I love being the zombie with humour Captcha - Experiment itudeamo
  • TheGodEmperor - November 5, 2009 7:57 a.m.

No world war Z? Wtf, you guys are so fail it's unbelievable lol. That's by far the best Zombie book compared to the rest of that crap and better than almost every movie and game on that list. Left 4 Dead is overrated btw, not bad, but not up to the hype they promised.
  • randohsix - November 3, 2009 3:10 p.m.

good article. its really interesting to think how widely zombies are used in games. i noticed that all the shortcuts for the games on my desktop have some form of zombie influence in it... WoW, D2:LoD, L4D, Guild Wars, Bioshock, Fallout 3, Stalker: Clear Sky, Half-life 2, Plants Vs. Zombies... zombies ftw
  • OddWoN ER - November 3, 2009 4:31 a.m.

and where is I AM LEGEND? or even its precursors (please forgive me, i forget their names) and i'm sure there are a few other things... but otherwise good article
  • aliEnRIK - November 2, 2009 4:09 p.m.

Im happy to see 'Return of the living dead' in there Truly an awesome film (Quality soundtrack too)
  • Jedipimp0712 - November 2, 2009 5:48 a.m.

Night of the Living Dead brought to you with limited commercial interruption by none other than... DISNEY!! LMAO thats too funny. captcha = tiptoes Vetnamization ?? what the fuck?
  • Red_Badger - October 30, 2009 6:46 p.m.

Morningstar Saga
  • Red_Badger - October 30, 2009 6:44 p.m.

"Plague of the Dead" was written by Z.A. Recht, NOT R.A. Zecht. And you might as well throw in the fact that it's an ongoing trilogy known as the "MorningStar Strain". The second book is Thunder and Ashes, the third is on it's way. This series is quite possibly the best addition to zombie lore (literature wise) ever. This book has walking AND running zombies and a very clever explanation as to why. Like Zombies? MUST READ!
  • wraith509 - October 30, 2009 1:05 a.m.

what?!?!? no zombie survival guide FAIL at least it had 28 days later on the list
  • mrandydixon - October 29, 2009 9:18 p.m.

@Tyler First off, not trying to be a dick, these are just my thoughts... I did read the intro, and I do understand (and respect) having a difference of opinion. What I don't understand is how a chainsaw controller can be part of a "genre’s defining relics" when one of the most well-respected and frequently-referenced zombie authors of our time isn't. I went to a David Sedaris reading a few years back and he liked Brooks' books so much he brought them with him on tour and sold them at the autograph table, just to spread the word. Sounds pretty "genre defining" to me :)
  • RaIdEn - October 29, 2009 8:39 p.m.

my cousin and her boyfriend went to zombie walk. she had him on a leash and wen they passed a pub he would go "beeeeeeeeeeeeer" haha i miss that guy
  • grappler51 - October 29, 2009 8:08 p.m.

How can you not like World War Z?!?!? It's literally one of the best books I've ever read. I DEMAND you add it right now! Also, has anyone read Death Troopers, which just came out. It's a star wars zombie novel and is pretty good.
  • diddly - October 29, 2009 6:52 p.m.

Man, usually these lists are dead on (pun intended) but one of if not the best piece of zombie literature on the market is "World War Z" written by Max Brooks. Truly a defining piece of art, it actually made me check to make sure their weren't zombies walking around on the streets.
  • montyburns - October 29, 2009 1:03 a.m.

Hey! You forgot the Braindead (Dead Alive) film, from Peter Jackson...!!! Goriest movie of all times!!! Awesome!
  • Russianred90 - October 29, 2009 12:28 a.m.

wild zero DO WANT
  • Champion - October 28, 2009 11:23 p.m.

I was Surprised at the lack of Plants vs. Zombies
  • zenbater - October 28, 2009 11:13 p.m.

Wow, looks like a zombie fans are a pretty harsh crowd. Allow me to add fuel to this flame. Night of the Creep IS available on both DVD and BlueRay: http://www.amazon.ca/Night-Creeps-Fred-Dekker/dp/B0024FAG44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256771236&sr=1-1 at least in Canada, cheers.
  • Samael - October 28, 2009 10:28 p.m.

@Ty-Wi I kind of want to. Try as I might I just can't see how someone doesn't enjoy WWZ or ZSG. They're...they're just so good. Oh well...agree to disagree and to each his own and all that shit.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - October 28, 2009 10:01 p.m.

LOL @ Brooks comments. I take it you all read the first paragraph. Yes, I'm not that into them. Sue me.
  • chairmanofthebar - October 28, 2009 9:14 p.m.

"Night of the Creeps" was released on blu ray and DVD yesterday, 10/27/09. Go buy it.