We Recommend

• SanjiTheShining - December 30, 2009 2:21 a.m.

...Francis? Where the hell is Ellis?
  • blackdeath1347 - December 30, 2009 1:55 a.m.

I smiled when HK-47 was on the list. Aaahh... meatbags.
  • SausageLozenge - December 30, 2009 1:41 a.m.

I love the Chief!
  • QWERTYCommander - December 30, 2009 1:36 a.m.

NO SACKBOY!?
  • RadicalVoodoo - December 30, 2009 1:27 a.m.

Like Amnesiac said, Travis Touchdown should definently be on this list...
  • RedOutlive10 - December 30, 2009 1:04 a.m.

I would take some away like Master Chief, and add Prince from Sands of Time (one of the best stories hands down), and swap CJ for Officer Tenpenny (or whatever he's called), that guy stole the show for me, he was your declared enemy since the start of the game, represented the corruption in the world, and I always looked forward confronting him. Also, Bill is far more of a bad ass than Francis, but those two are awesome in their own way of behaving in their love/hate case.
  • Scotch - December 30, 2009 1:02 a.m.

ever notice on lists like these how people make suggestions and suggest things that have to do with their avatars? WHAT FRANCIS!?? WHY NOT BILL???
  • catmurderer - December 30, 2009 12:02 a.m.

Where is Companion Cube?!?!?!!?
  • drunkenfish - December 30, 2009 12:02 a.m.

Needs more Fawlful for possible Chortle obtainment
  • Amnesiac - December 29, 2009 11:58 p.m.

Travis Touchdown.
  • Defguru7777 - December 29, 2009 11:29 p.m.

Actually, now that I think about it, isn't Cortana also very memorable?
  • Defguru7777 - December 29, 2009 11:27 p.m.

And Marcus Fenix isn't on here why? You were able to epitomize everything I would've said about the Master Chief as a compelling protagonist. Bravo.
  • JustTheBoBreaker - December 29, 2009 11:23 p.m.

I love Captain Price, but Soap MacTavish is the real hero in COD. I mean he takes down Zakhaev in COD 4, then sticks Shepard with a knife in COD 6 to save Price. By the way, why isn't Brucie from GTA in here? He's Alpha!! Alright, enough complaining from me, awesome list guys.
  • Amatarasu - December 29, 2009 11:19 p.m.

i wealy expected me, or issun to be on here, after all, GR never has missed an oppurtunity to shoehorn okami in to an artical and my personal #1 charecter is SAXTON HALE i mean, come on, he skydives, does a barrle roll through a window, then eats a steak...EVERY MORNING and he makes guns, and he respects hippies who complain about the guns, by killing them with his bare hands
  • crumbdunky - December 29, 2009 11:10 p.m.

I'm a pretty big Halo fan, apart from those awful "books" but even I can't acceptn MC being among the most memorable characters of any year let alone a decade. Sure he's an iconic image but the word character demands something to fill it-some depth, light and shade. All MC has is a relationship with a program and some fighting skills. Great games, great costume but no character at all. Indefensible choice and only done to allay the lowest common denomenator among us Haloites. Really, most of us, though we love MC and the games, know full well we don't play the games because of anything he says or does in a cutscene and only for what we can make him do ourselves and best of all outside the story amnd characcterisation totally in MP. Great list otherwise with some clever choices but MC was just contrioversy for it's own sake. Much like the "No Russian" level the other week.
  • Yar - December 29, 2009 10:47 p.m.

"Instead, they elevated him to godhood – and then betrayed him" That's one thing I very strongly disagree with about Kratos. You could say Zeus betrayed him, or you could say Zeus had to interfere because Kratos was using his godly abilities to try and help Sparta rule the world. Kratos has a tragic background, but... he's still a bit of a twat really.
  • Cyberninja - December 29, 2009 10:46 p.m.

why not put neku on this list he was a original character that had a great game to
  • Sebastian16 - December 29, 2009 10:13 p.m.

Pick one of the 10,000 Fallout 3 characters.
  • noobeater - December 29, 2009 10:08 p.m.

@H2A2I00: cant begin to describe how awefully WRONG what you spewed in this lobby for gaming thought. Nevermind Fing Price what about GAZ he was ultimate badass and i love his voice, and the fact Ghost was also cool purely because he was a carbon copy of GAZ, but just about everything cool in cod 4 excepting pipyat levels, had Gaz at the heart. Great article and i too am suprised by some of the decision to include less actual playable characters, who usually are more memorable. Oh and im glad you mention midna, who wasnt gutted to see her go, also Elika on Prince of Persia was memerable for almsot the identical persona
  • michaelmcc827 - December 29, 2009 9:55 p.m.

HK-47 is a beast. Really hope he shows up in TOR sometime...