We Recommend

• slimjim441 - September 25, 2012 9:31 p.m.

Oh God... please no 5th gen Pokemon, no Baby Mario Bros, no Naruto, no Slippy, no Phoenix Wright, and no Birdo. None of those characters have any place in a Smash Bros title. Seriously, whoever recommended Slippy should have their kneecaps blown out.
  • slimjim441 - September 25, 2012 9:32 p.m.

And where's the Castlevania love? Not a Belmont, dhampir, or reincarnated Dark Lord in sight, and that makes me sad.
  • Hobogonigal - September 26, 2012 3:56 a.m.

I think there should be at least Phoenix Wright, I mean his core games are only out on Nintendo platforms and I would really love to yell objection at other characters as a taunt! I agree about Slippy though, you bring the shotgun and I'll bring the baseball bat.
  • slimjim441 - September 26, 2012 1:46 p.m.

I'm just remembering how he plays in UMvC3 and how cringe-inducing it is. Of course, that nonsensical play style may work better for the Smash Bros. feel. I still don't like it though. I think that slot could be much more appropriately filled by someone like Mega Man (and/or Proto Man, Bass, X, and Zero), pretty much anyone from Castlevania, Mickey Mouse, or a fuck-ton of cooler characters.
  • J-Fid - September 26, 2012 7:35 a.m.

I'm predicting a 100% chance that 5th Gen. Pokemon will appear in someway.
  • slimjim441 - September 26, 2012 1:40 p.m.

I'm also sure of it, but it doesn't make me any less sad inside.
  • bryanthelion - September 25, 2012 8:51 p.m.

Cooking Mama!
  • lachlan-crute - September 25, 2012 8:41 p.m.

Id love to see Shulk from Xenoblade: Chronicles make an appearance, he would play similar to marth or link but have his Monado powers aswell. A backslash while the opponent faces away would deal more damage and if you charged up a simple hit with the monado it would become monado buster. His final smash could involve 2 other characters (Sharla and Reyn?) jumping in and performing a chain attack, either that, or it could simply be Monado Cyclone. Id also like to see Zael form The Last Story appear, he could use his air slash move (I forget what its called :S) to quickly move across the field, similar to how Fox, Falco and Wolf do, perhaps his gathering abilitycould somehow be implimented? Enemy assist trophies or pokeballs only go for him? I don't know. He could also use his crossbow and his final smash could involved Acceleration, making him hit and run so fast the enemy doesn't have time to get a hit in, or maybe calling in another character to cast Big Bang or Glacier then breaking their magic circle. Finally for some assist trophy ideas, maybe you could have the guy from Pullblox (I think its called pushmo in North America? Sorry I don't know) I forget his name, but he could pull blocks onto the stage, getting in peoples way, or simply push some platforms and bloxs into the background all together, he could be a 3ds exclusive.
  • michaelvillalon - September 25, 2012 7:50 p.m.

Interesting list, but maybe too many clone-like characters. I had a go at creating a list like this over here: http://thevgisland.com/Articles/files/12ssbcharacters.html I think theres going to be a lot of surprises with the next game, as well as a lot more third party characters.
  • michaelvillalon - September 25, 2012 7:53 p.m.

Bear in mind, I wrote this quite a while ago....
  • alexandre-bret - September 25, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Readers choices are better
  • james_brown159357 - September 25, 2012 6:38 p.m.

The roster needs Vile from Megaman X. And he should play like an absolute boss.
  • djmaster100REBORN - September 25, 2012 6:13 p.m.

The Most Idiotic Roster ever. Here a better one. That I made. http://nintendofandj.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4yv8hh
  • talleyXIV - September 25, 2012 5:41 p.m.

Why have I read this article like 6 times? PLEASE GAMESRADAR QUIT SPECULATING AND JUST WAIT FOR SOME ACTUAL INFORMATION. And in the meantime I don't know maybe you could write some articles?
  • Hobogonigal - September 26, 2012 3:59 a.m.

Stop whining, there are plenty of other articles if you look and there's no harm in a bit of speculation. It's fun because you get to use your imagination (if that needs explaining...)
  • talleyXIV - September 26, 2012 2:20 p.m.

Just kind of annoying to see it 4 times a month and then not even know what has been updated... This game is probably still a year and a half away, if we keep our imaginations going we could have hundreds of characters by the end of the wait.
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - September 25, 2012 4:53 p.m.

Dark Samus. For the love of god
  • shawksta - September 25, 2012 4:25 p.m.

You know, with Bayonetta now being published by Nintendo, her chances of being in Smash skyrocketed, and is possible you know
  • brickman409 - September 25, 2012 4:18 p.m.

Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Acerlux - September 25, 2012 3:59 p.m.

If we can see Naruto, I'd want to see Luffy. One Piece is tremendously popular in Japan so it'd go over well, and the exposure elsewhere couldn't hurt. Also I feel he fits into a fighting game well, gear 2nd or 3rd would make excellent final smashes.