• Dannyphantom - June 6, 2013 9:17 a.m.

Im SO tired of all these characters that are essentially the exact same fighter just with different speeds and strengths like seriously do you realize how many of them there are? Toon Link-Link Captain Falcon-Ganandorf Fox-Falco-Wolf Ness-Lucas also useless characters that no one plays as yet they still keep them around, they should do away with alot of the characters from Brawl in my opinion. Olimar, Rob, DeDeDe, Lucas, Ice CLimbers, Wario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff I would say even some characters that have been there from the beginning need to be let go, just because they've been there since the 64 doesn't mean they still need to be there they are just taking up space. My wish list for the next Super smash is nothing crazy its actually rather simple. Take out Wolf and Falco put in Peppy Hare and General Pepper Take out Luigi put in Waluigi Take out Peach put in Daisy Take out Sonic put in Knuckles, or Shadow As far as im concerned Fire Emblem characters are easily switched up so any would do. Starfy would be cool. New Pokemon to replace pikachu, jigglypuff and Lucario. new pokemon for pokemon trainer. King K Rool from Donkey Kong could be a new heavy character. Ridley from Metroid i feel would play like Pit Ryu from street fighter Nightmare from soul caliber Megaman and or Zero from Mega Man, they're all capcom franchises so it's possible. Summary= Peppy Hare, General Pepper, Waluigi, Daisy, Knuckles or Shadow, Any Fire Emblem, Starfy, King K Rool, Ridley, Ryu, Nightmare, Mega-man.
  • pl4y4h - June 11, 2013 9:27 a.m.

Take lucas out!? What? Lucas is way better (and different) than ness (of course that's opinionated since he's my main) All of his attacks hit harder and are all psi based unlike a stupid yo-yo you fling around. Of course i could argue all the characters you mentioned except for toon link (bring young link back), and Rob. You are even removing staples of the series? Are you outta your mind?
  • peter-wright - June 11, 2013 3 p.m.

Gotta back this. Lucas is my favourite character. Not because there's any nostalgia from the game he's from as I've never played EarthBound. He's my favourite character because his moves are all pretty much as quick as Ness's and they pack way more of a punch. I hope he's in the next game. I'd like Mew as a character.
  • Lolmansupreme16 - June 11, 2013 10:21 a.m.

They aren't going to do away with the "Big 12". The original smash bros. crew have been in every smash bros. to date, I doubt Nintendo is going to change a trend they've kept with. So Pikachu and Jigglypuff are almost certain to be in, same with Luigi. Pokémon Trainer probably get new pokemon, most likely the Unova starters. It looks like Toon Link has been demoted from fighter to a background cameo in a Spirit Tracks stage. Dedede got in because the creator of Smash bros created the Kirby universe. And we know he likes to give special attention to his creations, so Dedede might come back. I do agree with Ridley and King K. Rool. Metroid has only had Samus to work with, and her Zero Suit form didn't exactly work well. And both Ridley and K. Rool would help to round out a mostly protagonist roster by adding some more villains to stand beside Bowser and Ganondorf. Mega-Man's in so there's a positive since we haven't seen the Blue Bomber for a while. And I do agree that Ryu would be a nice addition as well. And should they do anything with the Star Fox characters, if they don't add or remove any characters (which seems unlikely), then they may try to at least change up Fox, Wolf, and Falco enough to make them feel different As for Shadow, it's likely he may get in. But who can say if they'll stop at Shadow, they may even add Sonic's trusty sidekick, Tails. Or heck maybe even Knuckles. It's all up in the air right now, we'll see how SEGA let's things go
  • Rub3z - June 11, 2013 12:43 p.m.

Olimar, DeDeDe, R.O.B, and Wario were all fantastic additions, and Lucas was a really cool Psi-powered alternate to Ness, and those two Pokemon are series staples. Pikachu and Jiggly are great, unique characters, not to mention Pokemon who are basically synonymous with the brand. And the Ice Climbers? Are you out of your mind?
  • talleyXIV - June 11, 2013 1:06 p.m.

How do you have access to every statistic in the world that says no one plays as those characters? You are a single person and a tiny sample size, outside of your basement those could be the most popular players in the game...
  • Death-Rabbit - July 10, 2013 11:37 p.m.

I can see some of your reasoning but seriously... Captain Falcon came first. Ganondorf was originally just a plain old copy of Falcon back in SSBM. He was then given a small update of attacks for Brawl to make him less of a copy.
  • Bearoak - June 5, 2013 3:31 p.m.

Great collection you have so far! I really wish the roster would be expanded enough to fit them all, but I guess with E3 right around the corner we might have some confirmations soon... Would love to see them flesh out the villains and female characters. Also, I could have sworn Sakurai announced somewhere before Brawl was released that he wanted to do away with clones. Once I found out that he cut Dr. Mario, Pichu and Roy, BUT ADDED WOLF!?!?! I was pretty mad. So I figure why not bring back the clones of the past? While at it, since I imagine making clone characters takes less time and money, why not add some more to make an even more epic roster and include some of the more minor characters that otherwise wouldn't be added. Anyways, I'm just going to post what my dream roster would look like separated by series: Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toad, Waluigi, King Boo, Daisy(Peach clone), Dry Bowser(Bowser clone), Dr. Mario Wario: Wario, Captain Syrup Yoshi: Yoshi, Birdo, Baby Mario and Luigi(Ice Climbers clone), Kamek Paper Mario: Paper Mario, Paper Luigi(Paper Mario/Luigi clone), Count Bleck Legend of Zelda: Link, Zelda, Sheik(separated from Zelda), Gannondorf, Vaati, Wolf Link/Midna, Toon Link(with Wind Waker playset), Young Link(have him use masks from Majora's mask ala Pokemon Trainer with Goron, Zora and Deku), Skull Kid(final smash would of course be bringing down the moon!), Tingle(as a joke character) Donkey Kong: DK, Diddy, K. Rool, Funky(DK clone), Dixie(Diddy clone) Kirby: Kirby, DeDeDe, MetaKnight, Yarn Kirby, Magolor Metroid: Samus/ZSS, Ridley F-Zero: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow Fire Emblem: Marth, Roy, Ike, Black Knight, Chrom, Lyn Pokemon: Pikachu, Pichu, Raichu(heavy Pikachu clone), Jiggles, Meowth(he was always my favorite), Mewtwo(new form), Lucario, Zoroark, Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon Rival(Pkmn Trainer clone w/ Gen II/III or V), Genesect, Mew(Mewtwo clone) Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal Earthbound: Ness, Lucas, Paula, Jeff Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena Animal Crossing: Boy/Girl, KK Slider, Tom Nook Retro: Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, ROB, Balloon Fighter, Takamaru, Little Mac, Battle Toads Modern Games: Professor Layton, Ray MK, Isaac or Matthew(Golden Sun), Saki(Sin and Punishment), Starfy, Captain Olimar, 3rd Party: Sonic, Snake, Megaman(Capcom), Pacman & Goku(Bandai/Namco), Banjo-Kazooie(never gonna happen, but would be my favorite character EVER), Sora(Kingdom Hearts), Mickey Mouse(Epic Mickey), Lloyd(Tales games) I know most of these aren't going to happen, but this would be my roster if I were making a Smash Bros game xD
  • ShadowOps117 - June 5, 2013 12:13 p.m.

PAC MAN NEEDS IN
  • ShadowOps117 - June 5, 2013 12:12 p.m.

I think I'll never see the day when Sonic stops being hated. Get your minds out of 2006 people.
  • BipolarTroll - June 4, 2013 10:10 a.m.

BAN HAMMER DIS MUTHA!! PHUCKIN PARASITE.
  • PatHan-bHai - June 4, 2013 3:21 a.m.

Zoro, Vegeta, the Okami wolf, Kyo Kusanagi, Steve Fox (Tekken), Psycho Mantis and Crash Bandicoot. All in all, I only agree with 12 fighters you've put up there.....
  • BipolarTroll - June 4, 2013 12:46 a.m.

Little Mac, Pac Man, Megaman, Maxwell, and .... COOKING MAMA !! WOOOT !!! GIVE ME A REASON BUY YOUR Wee You !!!
  • Swedish_Chef - June 4, 2013 12:41 a.m.

All right I have nothing better to do so guess I'll throw my hat into this. Smash brothers games have a very wide and unique roster of characters, however despite this there still remain quite a few problems with diversity of characters in the series. I will try and highlight what these problems are and what characters that I personally believe would be extremely interesting in the game. NOTE: The following assumes that the majority of the cast from Brawl will be included in the cast of the new title. 1. Lack of playable villain characters: Of the entire cast of villain characters in the series that are playable only two characters can definitively be marked down as evil, Bowser and Ganondorf, the rest of "villains" in the cast even if they were villainous in earlier games tend to skirt more towards being anti-heroes nowadays (for example Wario and Dedede, hello even Bowser is a hero in some games although this is generally due to an enemy mine scenario forcing him to team up with Mario). More villain characters could go a long way towards ensuring a more diversified cast than previous titles. Examples of characters that could improve this: Ridley (Metroid), King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country), Porky (Mother series), Wart (Super Mario Bros 2/Doki Doki Panic), Waluigi (various Mario titles, although he's not generally a villain per se, but he isn't a hero in any of the games he's in), Girahim (Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword), Sigma (Megaman X series), Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising), Akuma/Shin Akuma/Oni (Street Fighter Series), Fawful (Mario & Luigi Series) etc. 2. Lack of playable female characters: Although more common than villains there is still a suprising lack of female characters in the Smash Bros series with a whopping 4 characters (6 if you include the alternate forms of Samus and Zelda) of the cast of the 36(8) characters in the cast of Brawl being female. Considering the broad appeal of the smash bros franchise over both genders compared other titles of the same genre, it's rather suprising that the cast doesn't reflect that, a larger cast of female characters would go some way towards diversifying the cast. Example of characters that could improve this: Daisy (Mario series), Birdo (Mario series... Yes I know it was originally a dude but Nintendo seems to have retconned that nowadays), Lucina/Female Morgan/Severa/Noire/Nowi/etc (Fire Emblem Awakening), Bayonetta (Bayonetta) etc. 3. Too many clone characters: It's no secret the Smash Bros. series thrives off these, characters with identical or variations of the same move-sets are abundant in the series and while I'm not saying they should be removed (unless they are literally just a clone of another character and add practically nothing unique to the game-play of the title as a whole) characters with heavily derivative move sets should be adjusted to make them more unique/stand out next to the rest of the cast. Examples of characters that can be improved in this regard: Luigi (he's already pretty diverse compared to Mario, but it wouldn't hurt for him to be given more to differentiate himself from his little, big bro, perhaps giving him his electric powers from the Mario & Luigi series could help), Ganondorf (why Nintendo made him a clone of Captain Falcon still confuses me to this day, he can keep the Warlock punch though that move is freaking hilarious), Falco/Wolf (although Falco much less so than Wolf) etc. 4. Lack of third party characters: The reveal of Brawl's biggest surprise additions, Snake and Sonic were gigantic in the media and drummed up a lot of hype for the title, it's no secret that Nintendo will probably be looking to repeat this with their new title and there's no lack of characters prime for appearances in the series, especially from Namco (who are helping work on the title) and Capcom (who have a legacy spanning back 30 years on Nintendo Platforms). Examples of third party characters that can be added to the roster: Pac-Man (Pac-Man, Namco), Mega Man/X, Sigma (Megaman/X series, Capcom), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney Series, Capcom), Professor Layton (Professor Layton series, Level-5), Shulk (Zenoblade Chronicles, Monolith Soft), BASICALLY EVERYONE, although Ryu/Akuma/Chun-li would be the most likely, Dan is sadly just a dream... ;_; (Street Fighter Series, Capcom), Bayonetta (Bayonetta, Platinum), Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes, Grasshopper Manufacture), Geno (Mario RPG, Square), Quote (Cave Story, Studio Pixel), Zack & Wiki (Zack & Wiki, Capcom), the Wonderful 101 (The Wonderful 101, Platinum games), Jack (Madworld/Anarchy Reigns, Platinum), Viewtiful Joe (Capcom) etc. There's an absolute goldmine of unique characters they can use. I'm very excited to see where they go with this installment of the series, what and who they will add, what and they will remove (tripping-tripping-tripping-tripping-) it's all up in the air right now and personally I can't wait to see it.
  • shawksta - June 4, 2013 10:26 a.m.

To be fair, Brawl did a much better job fixing up the clone issue Melee otherwise had too much of. It added better physics and attacking differenes and properties to fix them up, its only flaw was that the entire star fox team had the same final smash as well as Link and Toon Link
  • Swedish_Chef - June 4, 2013 10:44 p.m.

This is true. It also doesn't make much sense seeing that Falco hates the Land-master opting to stick with his air-wing instead and I don't think Wolf ever rides one in any of the main series. If they're going to go with the vehicle motif for final smashes for the Star Fox team then they should all get different vehicles. Link and Toon Link IMO I would make into a single character as Skyward Sword Link, give him the ability to stance switch similarly to Zelda/Shiek but treat each stance as parts of a single character rather than as two separate characters, with a lot of his playstyle focusing on switching between each stance to fit the situation. He would be able to switch between regular adult Link's (made up of moves from Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time) move set and Toon link's move set (made up of moves from Wind Waker/Handheld games) as different stances with a couple of moves from Skyward Sword spread between both stances. This would IMO give him a unique/fun/interesting twist on his standard playstyle allthough it'd probably give him one of the highest initial learning curves of the entire cast.
  • shawksta - June 5, 2013 9:50 a.m.

Thats true and hopefully we'll get something. We already got unique characters with unique playstyles like Olimar and Pokemon
  • shawksta - June 5, 2013 9:50 a.m.

*Trainer, Pokemon Trainer
  • Welshy91 - June 3, 2013 10:01 p.m.

People seem to be getting really carried away with their wishlists. I really hope there aren't any anime characters, not that I hate anime, it's just that they don't fit. I wish with all my little soul that Dragonite could be in the roster, but the odds of that are so infinitesimally small that it depresses me to think about is. On the way more possible side of the spectrum, I'd really like to see Ridley and Magnus. I'd also love to see the Donkey Kong Country 2 iteration of King K. Rool and Geno, if the red tape around them can be circumvented.
  • juno-millais - June 3, 2013 5:28 p.m.

and btw: since there will be a new sailor moon anime and a new game by namco bandai (probably for 3DS) it would be awesome to have sailor moon in SSB...but i guess very unlikely, same goes for dragon ball characters.