• BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 2:21 p.m.

o.O Holy shit! Little Mac! Now THAT is an awesome addition! Probably the most exciting of the new characters taht have been revealed so far aside from Mega Man.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 4:01 p.m.

Didn't know you were a Punch Out! fan. I've only beaten the one for Wii. He is very small, I thought he was like light weight and fighting in heavy weight. Especially when put besides Doc he didn't looked THAT small.
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 4:20 p.m.

I only played the Wii one a little, (because It wasn't mine, it was in passing.) but I LOVED the shit out of Super Punch Out! for the SNES. Which honestly, if you ask me is the best game out of the Punch Out series yet. I love the series overall though, and I appreciate it's gameplay a ton, which is why I'm very happy to see Little Mac get some more love.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 4:24 p.m.

I'm betting that KO move is a charged move, it seems he has to stand still to do it and I think it could have a bit of super armor. Anyway I like how each newcomer so far has had his own intro movie, is WAY more exciting than just having the pics and render like it was in Brawl.
  • BladedFalcon - February 13, 2014 4:26 p.m.

Agreed there, though it's a bit of a shame that there is still no release date for either version.
  • Vonter - February 13, 2014 5:09 p.m.

Fall 2014 and really hoping there's not a delay. Brawl got delayed even with it's far release date. Still I think we'll be kind of aware that when most of the spots are filled it'll be likely the release date is close by. I mean with the latest returning fighters I'm not sure who is gonna get the shaft, if any.
  • shawksta - February 13, 2014 8:04 p.m.

It is awesome, especially because there was controversy over if he was even going to come back. What with all the Assist Trophies, Starfy coming back, Mac's lack of signiture moves and most importantly, the fact that Villager had a move with Boxing Gloves on. His trailer was really awesome, especially since they exaggerated his size with Samus and he punched her in the rib in anger. I find it neat that they incorporated something from all 3 games, his original black haired look, the KO Meter from Super Punch out and his final smash being Giga Mac from Punch Out Wii. I wonder how the KO meter works, It should follow with Super Punch Out where itll build up the more combos you make without getting hit but thats really hard, thats like the exact opposite of Lucario actually.
  • shawksta - February 11, 2014 8:22 a.m.

Diddy's gonna be next.
  • ghzelda - February 3, 2014 9:23 p.m.

(Appearence) Rayman's appearence should be exactly like (Rayman 2 Great Escape Dreamcast version) with Wii U version. Rayman would be a great choice for (Super Smash Bro. 4). I have a good idea what he should be like. As we all know, proven in (Rayman Great Escape 2) Rayman is complete energy. He can create anything using the energy of Lums and the powers given to him by Globox & Ly. B special move- (Energy Fist) Like (Rayman Great Escape 2), Rayman will charge a energy ball in his hand for a limited amount of time. Over time this charge will shock his hand making him let it go. This attack can bounce off walls 2 times but gets weaker upon doing so. While he charges, after 2-3 secs, he can only move back/forward facing the same dreation but not face left/right with an exception of the of that charge. He is also not allowed to jump upon doing so. Color changes apply to (Energy Fist) the Fist goes though 3 different color changes upon charging.(exact order) white - weak 1-2%(rapid fire short distance) Bluish silver - normal 10% (single shot mid distance) gold - strong (shows lightning effect) 20% with alot of recoil (single shot long distance) Side B special - (Rocket Dog) Rayman will ride a yellow Pirate Dog Rocket from (Rayman 2 Great Escape.) similar to how (Wario) rides this bike but when Rayman jumps off, it will go straight forward in one direction until it hits something then explodes. (Note - cannot turn left/right upon use while in air/ground) 14% Down B special - (Dive pound) Rayman will dive towards the ground like in (Rayman Legends). similar to (Yoshi's down B) but with no stars, instead just air pushing the opponent away from Rayman. Rayman himself will be the hitbox similar to (Toonlink) down-air stab. 8% Up B special - (Rocket Barrel) like in (Rayman 2 Great Esacpe) Rayman will hold a barrel and fly forwards the stage in a diagonal line. Rocket self-destructs if used entirely leaving Rayman floating his way down helplessly or ledge has been grabbed. Very fast/average range. 10% (Neutral Attack) - Rayman will kick and punch then deliver a spin kick to the opponent. like in (Rayman Legends) even though it shows him walking with this, he will not be able to walk and attack while doing so like he does in Legends. 8% (Neutral air) - Rayman will spin his feet in a circle like in (Rayman Legends) when he slides down the chain in Legends. Even though it does not show him doing this while hes in helicopter hair but only on the chain it seems like a good Neutral air. 6% (forward air) - Rayman will kick forward like in (Rayman Legends) 5% (back air) - Rayman will give a fast punch behind himself. 5% (Down air) - Rayman will flail his feet downwards in all directions under him similar to (yoshi rapid drill kicks) 6 kicks 2%-3% per kick (up air)- Rayman kicks up like in (Rayman Legends) 5% (down tilt)- Rayman will down kick like in (Rayman Legends) even though he only seen doing this in tight spaces when they didnt give him this in his original stance. 5% (up tilt) - Rayman will put his hands in the air similar to (Ness' up tilt) but his hands will be like in (Rayman Legends) 5% (forward tilt) - Rayman will kick forward like in (Rayman Legends)5% (Forward Smash) - Rayman will wind up this Fist Like in (Rayman Legends) but the distance will be half in range. 18% (Up Smash) - Rayman will wind up this Fist and uppercut the opponent in the air like in (Rayman Legends) half distance. 19% (Down Smash) - Rayman will slam his Fist on the ground flat impacting the ground around him. 18% (Final Smash) - (Lum Blast) Like in (Rayman 2 Great Escape) Rayman hands will glow gold like the item he gets called the (Golden Fist). While wearing this, if he gets hit 3 time he loses the fist but in this final smash, that's not the case. Instead, Rayman will gether energy in his Golden hands that will grow bigger; similar to (Pikachu's) final smash. When he releases the energy, the ball of energy will bounce around the stage uncontrollably while rayman focuses from anyplace on the stage. Overtime, Lum Blast will shrink but the power will remain the same but easier to dodge. 30% (Up throw) - Rayman will grab the opponent and punch the opponent up. 10% (forward throw) - Rayman will grab and throw opponent forward. 11% (down throw) - Rayman will grab throw the opponent down and punch them 3 times. 11% (back throW) - Rayman will grab the opponent and swing his arms in a circle around his body while his opponent is in his hands. 10% (grab attack) - while Rayman is grabbing his opponent he will spin his hair on this opponent. 2% Rayman is my favorite character and I love how he is in Great Escape. I don't see how they would not at least consider having him in the next Smash Bros. But, if I were to have the opportunity to make Rayman, this would (In my point of view) be an awesome creation to add in the next one.
  • supaMcnugget - January 31, 2014 4:58 p.m.

You know, I think this is sort of a "meh" announcement for me. On one hand, I enjoyed playing as Lucario in Brawl and thought he was a fun character. In that sense, I'm sort of pleasantly surprised. However, if Lucario is included at the expense of someone more deserving and requested by fans like Mewtwo then I will be very, VERY disappointed.
  • MrKart - February 1, 2014 5:07 p.m.

Mewtwo is not more requested by the fans. You don't speak for the whole community--Smash fans have overwhelmingly wanted Lucario over Mewtwo, who was useless in Melee. Everyone who complains about Lucario being a "casual player character" has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.
  • supaMcnugget - February 1, 2014 5:28 p.m.

That's why I stated that it was a "meh" announcement for me, personally. I never said I spoke for any particular community. Nevertheless, I still like Lucario. Thankfully it sounds like Sakurai is making him stand out even further by augmenting his aura feature. Still, I liked Mewtwo from Melee and would like him back. Since Lucario and Mewtwo are similar I figured one would be included at the expense of the other. We'll have to wait and see, but maybe that won't be an issue for some fans (such as myself).
  • codystovall - February 1, 2014 5:31 p.m.

Smash fan here, Lucario blows, not a good design, dont even care for him in the pokemon game, most people only know him because nintendo/game freak whored him out in marketing.
  • supaMcnugget - January 31, 2014 4:54 p.m.

You know, I think this is sort of a "meh" announcement for me. On one hand, I enjoyed playing as Lucario in Brawl and thought he was a fun character. In that sense, I'm pleasantly surprised. However, if Lucario is included at the expense of Mewtwo then I will be very, very disappointed.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 31, 2014 3:03 p.m.

I knew he was coming back, makes me happy wooooo!!!
  • slimjim441 - January 31, 2014 10:04 a.m.

Goddamn motherfucking Lucario. I'm incredibly disappointed with that decision.
  • GameManiac - January 31, 2014 9:37 a.m.

Awesome! I can cross off Lucario returning to Super Smash Bros. off of my wish list. He was my best and favorite character in Brawl. Now if they can only bring in Mewtwo, as well as add both Krystal and Zoroark as newcomers.
  • winner2 - January 31, 2014 8:19 a.m.

Fuckin lucario, seriously? Of all pokemon they chose that thing
  • Frieza - January 31, 2014 7:53 a.m.

Lucario? The character that rewards you for being bad at the game? How disappointing. This could mean two things: 1. Mewtwo will not be returning. Lucario replaced Mewtwo in Brawl, and considering Lucario has a Mega Evolution he may fill the spot for "Pokemon with Mega as Final Smash" spot in the roster. 2. SSB will yet again be aimed towards more casual players. This is a quite a shame since the faster playstyle of Melee was what really made the game for me and many other players. Brawl was much too floaty and slow to give my friends and I the same feeling of intensity that we got from Melee. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom over one character, but I really want this game to be better than Brawl.
  • Cyberninja - January 31, 2014 8:13 a.m.

I can't really agree with the statement with Melee is better than Brawl, both are fun which is undeniable, but the fact that melee being more competeive ruins the charm a bit, it simple isn't as fun as a party game since you can get people really really hardcore about it which ruins the fun, seriously party games are fun because they are more casual, when I want a competitive fighter I go out and play one like Blazblue.
  • Frieza - January 31, 2014 10:12 a.m.

I beg to differ. I actually had a lot more fun playing Melee casually than I ever did Brawl. Melee had a healthier balance of casual/party and competitive gameplay. The fighting system was simple and easy to understand, and there were a plethora of fun items and stages for you to play around with. It was a game where anyone could jump in and play and have tons of fun. But the game could also be used competitively thanks to how it was designed. The physics were heavy but fast, and there were many advanced mechanics and strategies that made competitive play a blast. I'll go so far as to say Brawl was worse on both sides of the spectrum when compared to Melee. The items got more powerful and often earned a player a few cheap kills. The levels had more hazards in them which, while sounds good on paper, led to more cheap kills. And I don't need to explain why tripping was bad. Those mechanics gave me more feelings of annoyance than entertainment. And it didn't help that the game became floaty and slow, making serious matches less about skill with your hands and quick thinking and more about... I don't know, NOT those things. But I guess it just comes down to taste I guess. You probably see something in Brawl that I don't see. I'm just saying from my experience, Melee was the more enjoyable game to play. BTW, I'm not asking for SSB to be a super serious competitive fighter like Street Fighter and the like. I just want the game to be more like Melee than Brawl.
  • Vonter - January 31, 2014 7:41 p.m.

It is planned to be something in the middle. Stages look with less hazards (so far), and it seems characters will have more balanced attributes (one complain of Melee is how OP some character were). But yeah it seems to be the main focus to tweak the gameplay more than padding it with content.
  • UberPyro64 - January 31, 2014 8:34 a.m.

It means neither. It just means Sakurai knows fans hate cuts so he's making sure there are none.