• shawksta - January 30, 2014 10:43 p.m.

LUCARIO'S BACK
  • Vonter - January 31, 2014 12:36 a.m.

But what does that mean for Mewtwo? I think at this point no one will be cut besides Snake. But still was expecting Jigglypuff or Pokemon trainer being revealed before this guy. IMO he was hard to use in Brawl.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 1:14 a.m.

We wont know for sure im afraid, his exposure in X and Y and the new movie with Genesect should help but we'll have to wait and see. Sakurai pointed out today that "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."
  • J-Fid - January 31, 2014 6:14 a.m.

After reading that statement, I will guarantee that someone is announced on 3/9. I'm guessing R.O.B. or Mr. G & W.
  • shawksta - January 31, 2014 8:44 a.m.

Every month a character is announced but it seems Lucario became a second character for this month similar to Toon Link and Peach in September. as for February, there's either 2 choices. 1. The most likely choice, Diddy Kong to return as a veteran OR 2. Sakurai goes with his original plan to have Diddy and Dixie as a Tag Team newcomer/veteran from Brawl IF he somehow found a way around the problems that emerged with the idea.
  • BloodyShenlong - January 29, 2014 6:59 p.m.

Man, if friggin' Palutena gets in but not Magnus, I'm gonna be pissed...
  • UberPyro64 - January 31, 2014 1:43 a.m.

But Palutena is obviously more likely than some random guy that appears for like two chapters. She definitely will get in over Magnus or any KI rep for that matter.
  • shawksta - January 28, 2014 11:45 p.m.

Today's update is confirmed of a Kid Icarus Uprising stage for Wii U I AM BEYOND SATISFIED, I KNEW UPRISING WAS TOO GOOD OF A GAME TO ONLY HAVE A STAGE ON 3DS
  • GOD - January 22, 2014 9:09 p.m.

From the pose, to her gear, to her soft expression I'd say this is very much an assist trophy. Her pose is that of signalling an attack, but there are no movement lines or signs that the picture is her in the middle of a fast motion, meaning it's more like a slow movement of an assist trophy signaling it's attack starting. Even though Peach can have a soft expression, she usually is more expressive than that especially when in combat so Palutena's face there seems way to static for a real character. Lastly there's no real point in giving her that shield when all characters have bubble shields, meaning it's just for show, i.e. for an assist trophy. Lastly, you can see that floating aura above her head, which wouldn't make sense for any player character because it would clutter up the screen in regular combat, and is another sign that it's a special flashy thing for showing off a flashy assist trophy.
  • WadeSlade - January 22, 2014 9:50 p.m.

Those are all really good arguments for why it'd be an assist trophy. The only flaw I see is the argument about the shield because Link also has a shield. Also I like your picture
  • GOD - January 22, 2014 9:55 p.m.

My bad about the shield part, because in her normal pictures I'm not used to noticing it because her arm has it turned away.
  • shawksta - January 22, 2014 10:56 p.m.

Save for the shield you really have a major point. Nice ones. I know something is off.
  • codystovall - January 22, 2014 8:45 p.m.

Idk about pic but as for possibility it seems theyre trying to include more female characters.
  • J-Fid - January 22, 2014 3:31 p.m.

Probably an Assist Trophy.
  • universaltofu - January 22, 2014 2:55 p.m.

I buy it, it's fine to err on the side of caution and not believe every damn thing you read, but garndoshit it's alright to take some things at face value.
  • SonicHunter - January 22, 2014 2:33 p.m.

You know, I think that that's fake. My reasoning is this: Palutena is a GOD. Not in god tier, not transforms into a god for their final smash, but her character is a Goddess. I can't think of any smash characters who are actual gods, because they would HAVE to be broken. It's like bringing a gun to a street fight; you're going to win. Sure, Sakurai has bent the rules a bit with some characters, like Mario shooting fire without a flower, and Megaman having over 8 robot master abilities, which is fine by me, geek as I am, as it fleshes out the character. But making Palutena anything less than a god would be going against her character. Yes, Pit beats her in Uprising, but that is with a divine weapon. I kinda doubt that a few punches and kicks are going to do anything substantial.
  • shawksta - January 22, 2014 2:27 p.m.

Also her hair is bothering me
  • shawksta - January 22, 2014 2:23 p.m.

Even you guys are believing it? Sheesh Its hard to tell, but someone did beforehand make pictures of Ness and Jigglypuff that were confirmed fake http://earthboundcentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/VgskHAc.png You guys shouldnt jump till its actually confirmed, her face bothers me for some reason. Otherwise i like it because i want another Rep from Uprising, its a goddamn awesome game, though PERSONALLY i wanted Medusa if only because we need more villains.
  • MrKart - January 23, 2014 9:59 a.m.

I understand your skepticism because I'm usually right there with you, but there's a second picture circulating with her too, and the thing that is making everyone who has analyzed these believe they are real is that her poses are ones not scene in any other game, and her model has unique qualities to her. So someone would have had to go and completely make a new model of her. Not impossible, but that's a TON of effort. I don't believe character yet, but I do believe she's in somehow. Assist trophy maybe. But Sakurai has always talked about wanting more female characters, and with Pit not having his shield anymore, Palutena could be the defensive version of him.
  • shawksta - January 23, 2014 10:49 a.m.

Yeah i seen it as well, guess we'll have to wait and see, otherwise it normally makes sense that Palutena would make it in some form. Speaking of which today confirms Viridi as a stage hazard in the KI:U 3DS stage. Im hoping for a Wii U stage, KIU was a really big game and only choosing one stage for the 3DS only seems like missed potential. And while were at it, get the gods to be the new smash version of Snake codecs.
  • waddledee385 - January 11, 2014 4:38 p.m.

This looks extremely promising. No images of his Waddle Dee throw, Meaning Waddle Dee has a chance to get in. Yay.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 10, 2014 10:22 p.m.

Odd King Dedede is added, makes sense since Kirbys was shown in the Rosalina and Luma trailer. He'll probably control the same as he did in Brawl.