• Fuzunga - April 13, 2012 11:46 p.m.

Personally, I'd like to see a FLAT 2D game with new powerups. Sure, I'd be neat to see old stuff, but I'd rather have new stuff.
  • MercurialForce - April 13, 2012 9:10 p.m.

Henry, I'm just posting here to let you know that you can't leave GamesRadar. Everyone else is, so I assume you are considering a job with Nintendo Power or something. This site can't function without the one person who can confidently and coherently answer the question of "what would happen if a nuke exploded in Superman's asshole?" It just can't.
  • drexegar - April 13, 2012 9:03 p.m.

This article pissed me off. Any real mario fan knows Super mario world is super mario bros 4. It even says it on the god damn japanese cover. SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH.
  • Bawheidbob - April 14, 2012 12:26 a.m.

I would not worry too much about the numbers as we are out of sync with Japan anyway because what we know as Super Mario 2 was Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic
  • jmcgrotty - April 14, 2012 2:48 a.m.

No. What we know as Super Mario Bros 2 was an altered version (true, basically little but sprites) of Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic, it wasn't Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic itself. Regardless, numbers have never mattered in the series at all, so paying attention now is irrelevant. The numbers are pointless in both countries. There are very, very few real reasons for Japan to have named them, in order, SMB, SMB2 and SMB 3 themselves. Sure, SMB 2 japan doesn't match up with SMB 2 U.S., but SMB 2 Japan doesn't match up with SMB 1 Japan that well, either. It's like people getting upset with the mismatching of numbers Final Fantasy, when, from FF1 to 6, only FF1 was the same between the U.S. and Japan. Since the storyline doesn't go along from title to title, it doesn't matter on even enough of a basic level to take the time to say "don't worry too much about it," as if it needed to be defended. My point it is that's too much of a non-issue to ever even be thought of as an issue. And I don't think anyone was "worried" at this point with the impliations too much. (strangely, after re-reading this, I think I more or less agreed with you but took umbrage with your word choice)
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 14, 2012 5:48 p.m.

I think you should read slide number 6 a little more carefully
  • shawksta - April 13, 2012 8:12 p.m.

Great choices, while YOU are definitly in love with Yoshi's 2D, it wouldnt be bad, especially with the 3DS, 2D images can really be in great depth if they are worked hard. All in all, i know Nintendo wont dissapoint with this, E3 awaits! Speaking of Yoshi, there were rumors of Goodfeel making a new Yoshi game, you know, the ones who brought Wario into anime and Kirby's HUGELY unique Yarn. Yoshi is already a colorful (and crafts on yoshi story) style, God knows what they will do if the rumors true.
  • bitchassafriBLAMamericANTISTA - April 13, 2012 7:13 p.m.

i want it to look like rayman origins, and sell like call of duty
  • robotdickens - April 13, 2012 6:41 p.m.

I wish we had one Mario game where they put every single power up into one game. There's no reason this shouldn't be.
  • J-Fid - April 13, 2012 6:40 p.m.

If this is a "totally new" Mario game, why would the game be full of throwbacks and old gameplay elements? Shouldn't this game I don't know-introduce something new?
  • shawksta - April 13, 2012 8:07 p.m.

Every core mario game DOES introduce new power ups, just recently 3D land brought Boomerang Mario, Nintendo NEVER fails in letting Mario try new things, i guess its just the memories that old power-ups deserve more stardom like the iconic Fire Flower did.
  • J-Fid - April 13, 2012 8:35 p.m.

I would NEVER doubt Nintendo's ability to introduce new things for Mario. It's just this list dosen't even consider trying to think of anything new or creative. Plus, I would like to see more than just a few new power-ups.
  • HotCyder - April 13, 2012 6:05 p.m.

Please, for the love of god, Don't let it be developed by Artoon.
  • winner2 - April 13, 2012 6:05 p.m.

Here's hoping for the 16 bit music
  • AuthorityFigure - April 13, 2012 5:37 p.m.

These 'what we want' articles are always just lists of what has been absent, not lists of what might be good.
  • metroid2099400 - April 13, 2012 5:16 p.m.

I'm really hoping that Nintendo is ready to move back into 2D sprite graphics. I know that the 3DS Epic Mickey game will have sprites, and if this does as well, I think we'll be ready for another 2D Metroid game.
  • BladedFalcon - April 13, 2012 5:02 p.m.

"If the series returns to 2D, we have a very selfish request..." And by "we" Henry obviously meant himself only :P His blind love for Yoshi's island is fooling no one XD Joking aside though... Yeah, I'd definitely would like to see 2d Sprites back, and if they are as sweet, or sweeter than Yoshi's island, then it would probably be enough to make me want to get a 3DS. And seriously, if they are not going to go that route, why even bother calling it Super Mario 4?
  • TheFabricOfTime - April 13, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Hand drawn graphics would be sweet. I want to see some homage to the second Mario. Give us some throwable enemies!
  • Jrymanz - April 13, 2012 4:50 p.m.

Definitely 2D and the old style hand drawn graphics.
  • Z-man427 - April 13, 2012 4:47 p.m.

Hasn't Birdo been confirmed to be male? I would like to see some of the stages inspired by Super Mario Land for the Gameboy. Like the submarine and airplane levels. Just one of each in the game, just to break it up a little. I don't know. Maybe that's a bad idea.