We Recommend

• GameManiac - August 28, 2011 10:56 p.m.

Funny, the first Star Fox game that I played was the "last" one: Star Fox Command. I've beaten it completely a few times (the 9 alternate endings can get pretty depressing at times), but I never owned it. After beating Star Fox 64 3D, I'll look for the other games in the series. I'm glad the Wii is backwards-compatable. (I'm sure my current picture shows how interested I've become in the series).
  • James3DS - July 22, 2011 11:30 a.m.

You can demo Starfox 64 3DS at the Nintendo Unleashed stand at Hyper Japan in London this weekend, check it out: http://www.hyperjapan.co.uk/event-2011/highlights/nintendo-unleashed.html
  • IceBlueKirby - July 21, 2011 9:02 p.m.

Once I get a 3DS I'ma do a barrel roll into the nearest store and grab this. Unless Wolf shows up to tell me he can't let me do that. But I'll just tell him to feck off. I'm getting this game solely for it's portability...I still play Starfox 64 at home but I'd love to play it when I'm out and about.
  • WTeen8 - July 21, 2011 7:05 p.m.

I'm one of those poor saps who was born too late and only got the obligatory mario games for N64 and then some 3rd party stuff I can't even remember, and never owned this or Ocarina for N64....so yeah, My reason for wanting a 3DS is justified. (Granted I will probably only be able to get like 2 or 3 games for the system. SSF43D (don't own a PS3 or 360 and my PC isn't good enough to run PC version), LoZ 3D, and Super Mario 3D would be my choices.
  • philipshaw - July 21, 2011 11:43 a.m.

Good preview, I will be getting this when it comes out
  • shawksta - July 21, 2011 11:02 a.m.

Awesome to see its doing great, cant wait! I think the local multipayer was to make it like the original, either that or to avoid offensive video captures. I agree,this is one of the best star foxes, but I dont understand why Star Fox:Assault was underrated, I loved it
  • Limbo - July 21, 2011 9:55 a.m.

Eh, I might get it at Christmas if I ever buy a 3DS. Shame they got rid of the tank and on-foot modes, I remember them being a blast in multiplayer on Starfox Assault (never played Star Fox 64). As for local only multiplayer, I don't care. Anything involving Nintendo and online completely sucks anyways.
  • BurntToShreds - July 21, 2011 5:14 a.m.

I wonder if this'll get the 3DS' sales charts up.
  • michaelpreston - July 21, 2011 4:47 a.m.

What? No Krystal? Yeah, I know... it's Star Fox 64! But they have Kat in there, that's new. If/when I get the 3DS I WILL buy this.
  • Zeb364 - July 21, 2011 2:58 a.m.

This is the first game that actually makes me want to get a 3DS.
  • Robusken - July 21, 2011 2:42 a.m.

Please tell me they kept all the lines the same. I've memorized pretty much all of them.
  • Z-man427 - July 21, 2011 2:13 a.m.

I don't care if I've played this game to death over the last however many years. I'm buying this on release.
  • meh - July 21, 2011 12:28 a.m.

CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX!!!!!!!
  • ParanoidAndroid - July 20, 2011 11:48 p.m.

Good thing the motion controls are optional; you can't even use them with the 3d on, as you have to keep your head in the centre of the screen.
  • Imgema - July 20, 2011 9:57 p.m.

Amazing game. Its interesting that they re-recorded the dialog. I hope they sound exactly like they did in N64 but in better quality.
  • CharlieFockstrot - July 20, 2011 9:35 p.m.

So we have to skip two adverts just to get to this site now???????? Load of shite, if you ask me. (nobody asked me)
  • ThatGuyFromTV - July 20, 2011 9:15 p.m.

Come on, even Command had online multiplayer. Step your shit up Nintendo.
  • EnigmaSpirit - July 20, 2011 9:08 p.m.

Meh... I already played the n64 one to death when I was younger, but those new graphics look amazing compared to the original's. I agree with EngragedTortoise.
  • ristar200 - July 20, 2011 8:54 p.m.

It's terrible sitting here and reading about what new, awesome 3DS games are coming out without owning a 3DS.
  • DevonOO7 - July 20, 2011 8:49 p.m.

"Fox get this guy off me!"