We Recommend

• GamesRadarMikelReparaz - January 8, 2009 11:41 p.m.

@Tikicobra: I reiterate what I said in the first sentence: Killzone 2 is pretty good. @jip100: As for COD4, that's an interesting question. It's rewarding, but not in quite the same way, because it's more slashy than stabby, and it's a lot more difficult - and therefore more rewarding - to get a stab kill in COD4.
  • jip100 - January 8, 2009 11:34 p.m.

@Tikicobra I disagree i think that they like it, however they don't want to like it ;). Still i wouldn't call this a K2 put down article i mean they end with "Whatever the case, it’s just brutally gratifying enough that we’ve decided we don’t really have a problem with it."
  • jip100 - January 8, 2009 11:27 p.m.

Can't wait for this game >__<, thanks to this video i now want to knife Helghast as well as shoot them in the face!
  • dfyb - January 8, 2009 11:15 p.m.

you can do the same thing in gears. i seem to remember that game doing just fine ;)
  • jip100 - January 8, 2009 10:54 p.m.

lol, thats classic. Does killing someone with a knife feel rewarding in this like it does in COD4?
  • DasavageJ - January 8, 2009 10:37 p.m.

Wow that's actually pretty funny and if it gets harder and isnt that easy on harder levels then I find it flat ou hilarious!!!
  • RebornKusabi - January 8, 2009 10:13 p.m.

Huh, that is kind of an oversite...
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 14, 2009 8:50 p.m.

@grognard66: fair enough. a good point well made
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 12, 2009 9:30 p.m.

@grognardo66, you have a good point, BUT PS3 doesn't need saving... just a bit of counceling to get onto the right track. I'm sad to say though, i will also be a little defensive for my beloved PS3 here and go with my prejudices, which are : youre insulting PS3. You have a 360. You do not understand beauty in motion. you are common and cant afford a PS3. You are lower in the next gen heirarchy than us. (that is, more people owning cheaper, slightly worse consoles) *HISSSSSSSS*
  • grognard66 - January 12, 2009 3:21 p.m.

Man, the Sony Defense Force really comes out in numbers for this title, attacking any site (UGO Games Blog, GamesRadar) that is even the least bit critical. Hate to break it to you, but KZ2 is not going to "save" the PS3.
  • HareOfDoom - January 12, 2009 8:04 a.m.

personally I think it was a poor idea to do a highlights video.. it shows us nothing and makes people question Gamesradar and what they offer people as a good gaming site. its like a visual rumour.. :-/
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - January 11, 2009 9:52 p.m.

hehehehe... great vid lol overanalysing on the "slashy-slashy-one-hit-kills-yay" thing: I think it's a subliminal message that the producers have put in to teenagers to say that knives are lethal and not to carry them though on that note, teenagers that will play this game are more likely to be carrying a packet of crisps and a "Game" loyalty card than a knife. PS: you can't spell "analyse" without "anal" :D
  • HareOfDoom - January 11, 2009 9:31 p.m.

not being funny, but this video highlight breaks in 12 places.. and doesnt show the whole level. The character could of died 12 times in this 'highlights' ..so to die 12 times in the first level because youre using the knife is about right, lol.. plus we dont actually know how far in to the first level we were when it ended. If we say that this highlights vid hasnt been doctored to show KZ2 in a bad light then I think this video (the game) is played on easy or its old code. No one who has played the final code has said about it being 'this' easy. Most games when they give you the easiest mode level will lower the AI and decrease bullet damage, thats exactly what this video shows. Personally I believe that this game was played for the video on an easy setting. Maybe GG made the easy setting REALLY easy? and thus the harder settings REALLY hard? At the end of the day IF this really is the final code and its on normal setting then there will be an outcry, but I sit on the fence on this one because of the amount of people who have said they have played it and not mentioned this problem once.. even Insomniac community manager JStevenson said that he had beaten the game (final code) and that it was awesome. If KZ2 turns out to be a turkey then there will be a lot of people with egg on their faces, especially the ones who have stood up and publically said that yes they have played it and yes its amazing. I watch this vid and think Hmmmmm, its a shame they didnt show us setting the game up on difficulty and then showing us (with no breaks) the whole level.. but even then we would question it being the final code. Its best to question all of this rather than just believe that its a broken game.
  • mgbenin - January 11, 2009 5:22 p.m.

Hopefully they keep it. Its great to be able to go John Rambo on everyone
  • EvilInkarnate - January 11, 2009 2:01 p.m.

I agree with GoldenMe. This doesn't seem to have 1/8th the personality of Gears. GIJoe, I was thinkin the same thing. But we can't take semi-auto shots all over the torso and keep runnin at them. lol
  • SpikeDelight - January 11, 2009 1:15 p.m.

That's a pretty big flaw. They'd better fix this before I get my hands on it because if they don't I'll always have this in the back of my mind....
  • zim831 - January 10, 2009 9:46 p.m.

You know I saw the same thing happen in rainbow six vegas, except of course that game doesn't have a knife. But if you run right up to A.I.s you can shoot them in the head point-blank without any difficulty, they have no idea what to do when you do something that stupid.
  • Synster - January 9, 2009 11:21 p.m.

I love how many biased people post on these comment sections, before they even read the Article. "OMG, GEARZ FANBOY!" or "Go back to playing your stupid Generic Halo game, Xbot." Those two phrases have been across the internet and back about this game, and I'm getting really sick of it. Are people not entitled to their own opinions anymore? Seriously, this article, which by the way, Thank you GR for pointing some of these things out so I can try them, because I myself like to, Y'know, Enjoy my games? Tell me running around stabbing people with the Bayonet in CoD: WaW wasn't fun. I personally did it all the time when I had the chance. This is more or less the same deal. So seriously, stop taking these War games like you're in an actual war. You're not part of the USMC, It's highly unlikely you know even 10% of the USMC, or much less, any true Military tactics.
  • styll - January 9, 2009 9:40 p.m.

Funny, but thats not how you play the game. And it's boring. Im gonna get this game. It looks amazing! Can't wait!:)
  • Kruiser - January 9, 2009 5:52 a.m.

It's okay gamesradar... you shouldn't need to defend what you guys do every day: poke fun at the games industry as a whole. Everyone who is freaking out about their bias against this game or any other needs to un-bunch their panties; it is merely for our entertainment. Gamesradar and it's journalists (probably) aren't allied with particular companies or games like you desperate fanbois so clearly are.