• soren7550 - December 3, 2010 6:21 p.m.

This one was so bloody obvious that it made me & my brother groan and facepalm (while playing the game): Dimitri's death in Blops. We knew the only possible reason he could be coming back was so that he could be killed and give us some reason to hate the three people Reznov & Mason were obsessed about. To top it off, the poor bloke was going on how he hoped to return home after that mission. He might as well have had a giant neon sign on him that said "I WILL DIE SOON, GET USED TO IT!" with sparklers in hand. (Treyarch has done the whole 'the NPC you actually like wishes to go home so he's gonna die' spiel that when the NPC actually dies it means nothing! Yes, they pulled it off well in Big Red One, but they did it again and again in the next three games that it has no real impact anymore.) As much as I love Dimitri, he inanimate death was so obvious that it ended up not meaning much to me or my brother.
  • Unoriginal - December 3, 2010 6:41 p.m.

Dead Space surprised me adn I am usually good about sniffing out twists prematurely
  • Awestacular - December 3, 2010 7:58 p.m.

I read this Article and i thought that you left one out, the plot twist in Resident Evil 5 was really obvious for me, my girlfriend and I figured it out pretty quick. I mean that masked person that kept popping up all over the place who didnt see that one coming
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 3, 2010 8:28 p.m.

I saw all of these coming except for Dead Space. I loved that ending and was all "NO WAY!" so where is 2 going? Running around an asylum like Batman?
  • WickedSid - December 3, 2010 9:43 p.m.

I totally saw that ending coming.
  • steviemw85 - December 3, 2010 9:48 p.m.

forgot jak II's predictable twist where the kid who doesn't speak is actually a young jak. theyr identical! anyone who didnt notice thats n idiot
  • Pudge - December 3, 2010 11:38 p.m.

You guys missed the worst one of these in modern gaming. Singularity. You start the game off, get warped back into time and kill some guys. You play the rest of the game, standard time travel plot, and then they try to pull a BioShock on you at the end by saying O CRAP, YOU CHANGED HISTORY BY KILLING SOMEONE IN THE PAST! It's so dumb, the entire game's premise is that you're fighting against the weird new future you made and then that's supposed to be the twist? It had me laughing at the end.
  • dogfacemanchild - December 4, 2010 2:10 a.m.

I thought the plot twist for in COD Black Ops was pretty obvious like halfway through the game
  • Genericide - December 4, 2010 4:36 a.m.

Dunno if this counts but Haze even had its big "the people you're working for are evil" twist in it's damn commercials, for heaven's sake.
  • nomnom52 - December 4, 2010 7:50 a.m.

The Mirror's Edge pic reminds me VERY much of my sixth grade teacher. I look at her, and see horror staring back at me.
  • Defguru7777 - December 4, 2010 8:01 a.m.

Holy crap I saw Assassin's Creed's ending coming! It was painful!
  • quincytheodore - December 4, 2010 8:02 a.m.

I saw Dead Space but not that early. By the time I felt stalked from the sound of vent shaft, yeah this is the only game that managed to did that, and she was still marginally calm compared to other FUBAR survivors, it felt like she was on a different place. When she appeared, it's odd that I was armed to the teeth and she looked so.. casual... Well she must be dead.. the last scream was good though..
  • yoyoguy - December 4, 2010 5:49 p.m.

bayonetta's breasts are MUCH bigger in that picture than i remember them in the game.
  • Vulneratus - December 4, 2010 11:46 p.m.

I have to say that while the twist in Dead Space was painfully obvious from practically 10 minutes into the game, I certainly did not get the impression that Isaac was insane but rather that the hivemind (or artifact or whatever) was screwing around with him and projecting those images of Nicole. And yeah I have to say the whole "beaked"/masked assassin person in Resi 5 turning out to be Jill was not only the most woefully-executed plot twist I've ever experienced in a game, it was mildly insulting. That might be over the top but c'mon... it was like: if at the end of The Usual Suspects the big twist turned out not to be that Kevin Spacey's character was Kaiser Soze but that he had a noticeable limp.
  • sveini22 - December 5, 2010 8:31 p.m.

Reznov in Black ops ?
  • jordanlacroix95 - December 5, 2010 11:23 p.m.

this one spams through the splinter cell series : work for organization , organization boss is an asshole
  • Zepaw - December 6, 2010 2:05 a.m.

Didn't see Dead Space coming, but it was the kind of twist that makes total sense as something that I should have seen coming afterward. The videos were clearly clips, not her communicating with him. Awesome game, hope 2 holds up well.
  • Ipriest54753 - December 6, 2010 4:51 a.m.

Just cause 2 - the thing everyone wants is the oil... you don't fucking say
  • BurntToShreds - December 6, 2010 6:49 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid series: Ocelot betrays/deceives everyone.
  • AvatarIII - December 7, 2010 5:30 p.m.

i don't see anyone suggesting Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, the one where a blatantly sinister looking/sounding ally turns up part way through, and he's constantly doing things his own headstrong fasion