• kibbles0515 - December 3, 2010 3:49 a.m.

What Kapwan said. Black Ops' plot twist was so obvious, and the credits sequence was interesting, but kinda stupid at the same time.
  • PastorOfMuppets - December 3, 2010 4:28 a.m.

Hitman: Codename 47 where you are the "son" of the men you killed. Also Dante's Inferno when the only reason the Devil could escape Hell was because Dante broke in.
  • Romination - December 3, 2010 5:42 a.m.

The Silent Hill Homecoming one just feels lazy. YOU'RE INSANE AND NOTHIN OF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Ugh.
  • phoenix_wings - December 3, 2010 6:09 a.m.

@ Spartan lol - I admit I've said "I totally saw that coming" having not have seen it coming at all. I think that Silent Hill: Homecoming could have been an awesome game if it got rid of the bugs...and the sidekicks...and the rather blatant ass-kissing of Silent Hill 2. SPOILERZZZ: The worst-kept secret in gaming? Jill Valentine is ALIVE?! Body never found in the Resi universe pretty much always means that poor soul is still alive.
  • NanoElite666 - December 3, 2010 6:50 a.m.

Dead Space was an interesting case with me. I only finally got my hands on the game and played through it within the last couple months, but had heard about the whole NICOLE IS DEAD bit with the chapter titles prior to and thus had that spoiled for me (goddamn internet). However when I got to the point in the game where you actually SEE Nicole in person, my brain stopped up and went "Wait... what? You're supposed to be dead... What the hell is going on here...?" before I had to switch gears and dismember a bunch of angry alien space zombies. I may have had one of the game's major plot points spoiled for me, but I must give Dead Space props for still making me stop and question what was happening even though I already knew the spoiled information. ... Maybe I'M the one who's gone insane after playing that game... ... And then there's zombie Nicole jumping Isaac in the shuttle at the very end...
  • papergoon - December 3, 2010 7:45 a.m.

Arkham Asylum... Joker has you trapped in the asylum!!!! D:
  • jmcgrotty - December 3, 2010 7:56 a.m.

Number 1 should have been Super Mario Bros. By the second castle, you KNEW that the pricess would repeatedly not be in the castle until you beat Bowser.
  • Mumb00 - December 3, 2010 9:47 a.m.

This one's easier than easy. Starcraft 2's Tychus is secretly working for Arcturus Mengsk whose goal is revealed during the endgame cinematic. But we knew it all along if we watched the opening cinematic so it could only count as a plot twist if we were somehow supposed to have forgotten that introduction.
  • Mumb00 - December 3, 2010 9:50 a.m.

Also, No One Lives Forever has the familar element of action spy fiction of a traitor in the organiztion for which we work. The traitor? The one that we wanted it to be. The jerk who kept on giving the main charcter such a hard time no matter how well she does.
  • CitizenWolfie - December 3, 2010 10:07 a.m.

SPOILER ALERT: I spotted that Reznov wasn't real at about halfway through Black Ops. There is a mission that starts in a sinking downed helicopter and Reznov saves the day. Only none of your other team mates even acknowledge him and he then disappears again until you're in the rat tunnels. Also, very early on in "Rebirth" after climbing ahead of Reznov he was already at the top and it seemed really odd.
  • MassSaber - December 3, 2010 10:47 a.m.

I love the mass effect games big fan but ME2's the collectors are protheons reveal pretty obvios if played some the N7 Missions leading up the collector ship mission
  • JLThatshilarious - December 3, 2010 11:45 a.m.

Bayonetta's mole is on a different side in each pic.
  • Pushtrak - December 3, 2010 11:48 a.m.

Ooh, Shiny.
  • SonyBacker - December 3, 2010 11:50 a.m.

i knew that nicole was dead in dead space as the cryptic messege by taking the first letter of each mission the form the words NICOLE/IS/DEAD (12 missions = 12 letters), i was surprised that jill being the masked helper in re5 wasnt in this.
  • Dragonflame - December 3, 2010 11:55 a.m.

I correctly deducted that DiZ from Kingdom Heart 2 was Anzem the Wise almost from the moment i learned of Anzem the Wise existence. I simply held up what Mickey told about him with the Anzem pages found and presto it was easy.
  • skyline19 - December 3, 2010 12:29 p.m.

I didn't know that about Dead Space, I wish I played it now that is an awesome twist imo! I doubt I would've seen that coming personally.
  • Clovin64 - December 3, 2010 1:15 p.m.

I was quite dissapointed with Silent Hill Homecoming. The whole thing felt like a simple copy of SH2. Whats that? Turns out you killed your brother all along? Also, where is Resi 5? The whole Jill Valentine thing was painfully obvious, it probably shouldnt even count as a twist.
  • Jordo141 - December 3, 2010 2 p.m.

Celeste wasn't the only other runner in Mirror's Edge. Yes the only female one, but not the only one (like stated in the article)
  • AndIThoughtHeSmelledLikePizzaOnTheOutside - December 3, 2010 2:52 p.m.

I did foresaw the princess being in another castle. I mean, by world 6 it was a bit predictable. Like getting drunk before noon and it taking 40 minutes to log in with this terrible login name, to and article people are no longer reading. Really, I was just hoping for a Trailer trash, but this article was great as well. I also saw coming the great saving on quality,dignity and service and lift?
  • philipshaw - December 3, 2010 3:50 p.m.

I seen all of these coming expect for the bayonetta one and that is because I didn't understand what was going on with the plot of that game