Rockstar Games has sent out an email to the Manhunt community, thanking it for all its messages of support over the ban. The email also says that Rockstar hopes to have more information on the status of the ban soon. As we revealed last week, Rockstar is appealing the decision.
"We wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to contact us about Manhunt 2, which we had been planning to release on PlayStation 2, PSP and Nintendo Wii," says the email.
"As you know, Manhunt 2 was effectively banned around much of the world, after it was refused certification in the United Kingdom, prohibited in Ireland, and denied an M rating in the United States.
Above: The good folks at Rockstar would like to thank the community for supporting their art
"We are very proud of Manhunt 2 and believe it builds on what the team accomplished with the first title in the series. The game was developed as a horror experience, and to be an M rated title, aligning it with similar horror content created in other forms of media. Unlike many other people, we do not think videogames should be singled out for special treatment from the authorities. We hope to have more information for you soon, but in the meantime, we wanted you to know how much we value all of your messages of support."
June 29, 2007
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.