Topics

Steam Valve

• Soulhunter - July 14, 2010 12:11 a.m.

For the people that say it is too expensive, you need to look at it in a different way. Your already buying a 5-7 hundred $ computer, chip in the price of a console, 2-3 hundred $ and buy a video card, and BAM computer that will give you graphics unseen on any console. Done deal, actualy cheaper on the pc since you wait a couple of weeks for a steam game and get it half price :p
  • TheCanuck - July 14, 2010 12:26 a.m.

Spending $900 on a completely new rig, my Pent.4 has been shambling on in life like an asthmatic leper. BUT NO MORE! PC gaming is about true customization, and a certain sense of pride achieved by creating this magnificant beast, more powerful than a pre-built model, and far cheaper. Its a victory that can surpass any other in the gaming world, and when it does, you just sit back, and play around with your new toy! :3
  • Evil_AppleJuice - July 14, 2010 12:38 a.m.

You sir should write a book.
  • Mclovin2 - July 14, 2010 1:15 a.m.

Open the pod bay doors, HAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Xemi - July 14, 2010 5:13 a.m.

I think PC gaming on just about every front outdoes any console simply -because- of these choices that you can make to make your game appear as lovely as you wish, and the expandability is pretty cheap once you got a beautiful, monstrous, unreal-FPS-giving PC. Not to mention the choice of games is oh-so-much wider. I personally also love the keyboard as it allows for infinitely more key settings for more complex control setups, but because you could just as easily plug in a USB controller of any sort, it's even better on that front.
  • philipshaw - July 14, 2010 11:17 a.m.

My thoughts on PC gaming exactly, for every postive there is a massive negative
  • adamasunder - July 14, 2010 11:29 a.m.

Sorry but fucking around with settings and calibrating controls for every game IS work. I'm more than happy with console games being behind the bleeding edge of PCs. They usually catch up. I've never understood why everyone harps on about mouse/keyboard too. Mouse I can understand, but the keyboard is a disgrace as a gaming tool. I'll happily stick to ergonomically designed pads with comfortable buttons and analogue triggers thankyou. I would however love me an open format and some updates for TF2..
  • JD_Method - July 14, 2010 1 p.m.

PC gaming isn't as much of a pain the anus as some people make out. Usually I can just install or download a game from Steam and it works. I hop into the options quick and crank up all the graphics settings, and play. If the frame rate is having a little trouble, I'll jump back into the graphics settings, turn of V-Sync, put the AA down a little, but overall it's not a big deal. For the most part, it's just sticking in a disc and playing for me.
  • JD_Method - July 14, 2010 1:01 p.m.

*pain IN the anus
  • goatse345 - July 14, 2010 10:23 p.m.

Dave...what is this "buy" you speak of?
  • Spybreak8 - July 15, 2010 1:07 a.m.

I really hope my laptop can play Starcraft II. It's a decent Sony Vaio. Yeah I'm mostly gaming on 360 but yeah always gotta keep some of that gaming time for PCs (I grew up with them).
  • HonestGuy - July 15, 2010 2:24 p.m.

the thing i like about PC Games ( especially on shooters)....modding. :)
  • Ravenbom - October 28, 2010 5:54 a.m.

Considering I got back into PC gaming because of Starcraft II, I feel you. Just got ripped off on a new graphics card and I'm looking into getting ripped off on a new power supply soon. In fact, PC gaming is really about 99% making sure your rig can handle the game you want to play and 1% actually playing said game. Still haven't beat Starcraft II. I felt like I beat it once I was able to max the settings.