• CAPST3R - September 10, 2010 3:33 p.m.

I never liked the story of the Resi films, and the action's barely good enough to justify the films. Hell, I've only ever played 3 Resi games (Outbreak, 4, and 5), and even I know that the story's complete bollocks. And did I see Wesker in one of the trailers? If they haven't got his voice perfect, then the film shouldn't be seen by anyone, ever. Wesker's voice is what makes Wesker... well... Wesker. He's my second favourite person (both fictional and not) in existence. The first being the Duke. Oh yeah, I forgot... HE'S FUCKING BACK!
  • BonafideMyth - September 10, 2010 3:23 p.m.

Nothing says horror and suspense like death metal and slow motion gun fights with a lady version of Albert Wesker. These movies are not even that big, they do fine but not so good they need 5 movies in less than 10 years. Why to drive a bad movie franchise into the ground guys, does Capcom even endorse these movies?
  • Benhadad87 - September 10, 2010 2:38 p.m.

By independent they mean not funded by some giant studio, genius. Do a little bit of research before you trash something. Oh, are you some sort of indie lover who was offended by this? I guess Juno and every movie with Zooey Deschanel are the only films deserving to be called "independent", because lets face it, its a label, not a fucking term used to mean NOT FUNDED BY A GIANT STUDIO. You suck.
  • Catalyst - September 10, 2010 2:30 p.m.

@HatersofRezMoviesBecauseItsNotBasedOnTheGame The movies are NOT based upon the game series because the games (and novels) already do a great job of creating one section of the universe. Alice is an original character created for the movies, but still exists in the same reality of the games. This is a story created solely for the large screen that fills in some parts of the story that the games (and novels) don't touch on. Think of it like Fallout: Vegas. It's based in the same reality as Fallout 3, but delves more into the story, by telling it from a different POV. Oh and FYI, $30 million is NOT a lot considering what they have to pull off.I know it worked for District 9, but that's because Blompkamp owns his own animation company (and is in fact one himself), Peter Jackson helped him along, and the Actor Budget wasn't really huge since there is only really one character throughout the whole movie. Sorry for the long post, but it needed to be said. :D
  • Japanjack - September 10, 2010 2:27 p.m.

I despise those movies. Alice? What? Who is that?
  • ShaneCedt - September 10, 2010 2 p.m.

What's the plot to these films? "We must stop zombies and Umbrella. Oh, we've won this battle, but we haven't won the war. Off to the next movie where we do the same crap"
  • Redeater - September 10, 2010 1:33 p.m.

I was willing to laugh RE2 off as just a campy sequel but after seeing the third one I cannot even get excited for this one.
  • DabWolf - September 10, 2010 1:01 p.m.

I NEVER watched a resident Evil movie...I, However, want to ask what the hell the guy is doing in the last picture in the article. Is he pulling the glasses away from him, action cliche wise? It kinda looks like some stage hand forgot to give him his sunglasses and was just handing it to him off camera as he was acting.
  • Tagboomer - September 10, 2010 12:56 p.m.

As far as the RE films go apart from the lazer corridor bit are pretty pants, but as far as films based on games go the new Prince of Persia film is the best yet, I thought doom wasnt too bad either.
  • JakeyBaby - September 10, 2010 12:49 p.m.

Resident Evil franchise simply leaves me confused, and I really don't care for it anymore. Hearing this made me laugh though :P
  • gogo65uk - September 10, 2010 12:20 p.m.

Can't stomach milo jovovich at all shes a "steven segal" with small breasts she always plays the same stupid kinda roles. She bores me senseless. Will borrow the resi movies when my sister gets them. But not going out of my way to see that talentless thing do the same thing I saw her do in 5th element.
  • Fiirestorm21 - September 10, 2010 12:15 p.m.

Well, to be fair, $30 million isn't a whole lot for a big-screen action movie.
  • Jadernader - September 10, 2010 12:12 p.m.

why do these movies even exist? did the writers ever play any of the games?
  • flabslapper - September 10, 2010 12:12 p.m.

This interview is making me nerd rage so hard that if I hadn't just wacked off a minute ago I'd have busted a nut However, I hated the first one, liked the second one, hated the third one, so hopefully I'll like this one
  • andym - September 10, 2010 12:12 p.m.

Best films based on a game? You seem to be forgetting about the incredibly awesome Street Fighter film!!
  • db1331 - September 10, 2010 12:10 p.m.

@rocketminx If by "based on games" you mean sharing the same title as some games, then sure. I must have missed out on the RE where you went to Vegas as Alice and decapitated zombies with exotic knives.
  • Subject36 - September 10, 2010 12:06 p.m.

The music in the other films might have been shitty, but the trailer for afterlife had an A Perfect Cicle song in it, therefore undoing all previous crimes against music.
  • rocketminx - September 10, 2010 12:02 p.m.

Wow. This entire article is extremely harsh. I love the Resident Evil films, they're definitly the best and most successful films based on games so far.