We Recommend

• BurntToShreds - May 4, 2011 2:45 p.m.

I liked Kaidan. He was more of a bro than Ashley. She was all bigoted against aliens, while it seemed that Kaidan and Shepard at least had some kind of friendship before the whole Reaper thing. I hope Kaidan gets more personality in ME3.
  • HitmanSB07 - May 4, 2011 1:20 p.m.

But the priiize...
  • philipshaw - May 4, 2011 11:22 a.m.

Great article, never noticed this before
  • RicePuddingUK - May 4, 2011 7:18 a.m.

I was scrolling the home page and saw a quick glimpse of Mission Vao, nostalgia rushed me! I remember the good old days of KOTOR, as an 11 year old, playing that game was an experience.
  • Spybreak8 - May 4, 2011 6:52 a.m.

Entertaining...
  • quincytheodore - May 4, 2011 5:56 a.m.

So true.. But that's just to show how Bioware is master of its trade. Imagine having the same ideas recycled and presented in different format, and people still enjoy them. That's brilliant.
  • Clovin64 - May 4, 2011 5:51 a.m.

Nice article guys. I always hate the generic pile of grey sludge character... But for the first one, wouldnt Tali be more appropriate than Liara? She seems to be the more socially awkward one.
  • Urza4315 - May 4, 2011 5:15 a.m.

I think I speak for everyone when I say nobody would mind if Bioware had just copy/pasted HK-47 into Mass Effect.
  • gmknoble - May 4, 2011 5:05 a.m.

Fuckin' solid article.
  • WTFBOOM - May 4, 2011 4:48 a.m.

What about the Hot Chick? Examples: Bastila (KOTOR), Miranda (Mass Effect 2), Isabella (Dragon Age 2) The hot chick is your second in command. She is incredibly busty and is the most likely to have sex. She will eventually fall in love with and is also fun to tease. You can't go wrong with having The hot chick in your party. She can fight as good as she looks plus she gives you something to stare it.
  • LaffPiranha - May 4, 2011 4:08 a.m.

You hit those on the nose.
  • Vincemaster - May 4, 2011 3:56 a.m.

Funny and true, but you should maybe try and get the order of the pictures to match up with the order of the character names above them. It's still relatively easy to tell which picture matches up to which name, but it would make it easier if they were in the same order...
  • Valntyne - May 4, 2011 3:04 a.m.

Funny shit..but then again, how is this any different that any RPG ever?
  • Ravenbom - May 4, 2011 2:52 a.m.

lol, so true
  • julyfire94 - May 4, 2011 2:28 a.m.

haha this is funny. These characters obviously work though, since every single game mentioned has been very successful.
  • Tehk2 - May 4, 2011 2:20 a.m.

Thanks for addressing my concern, GR, in a polite and professional manner. I think how a publication interacts with its audience is just as important as the actual content it produces, and it's encouraging to see that while your articles are occasionally jocular in nature, you still know how to behave like professional journalists.
  • EricBratcher - May 4, 2011 1:47 a.m.

Wow - just looked at that Cracked article. The similarities are a coincidence because we didn't know the Cracked piece existed until just now, but they're there all right. I'm going to choose to view this as a sign that we got it right, because Cracked writes some very funny stuff. That article on terrifying foods might be my favorite article in the history of the internet.
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - May 4, 2011 1:41 a.m.

@Tehk Hm, they ARE similar, but this is more of a case of parallel thinking. It's not exactly a deep-thinking topic so some crossover is bound to happen when dozens of sites are producing game content on a daily basis. It's not uncommon for this kind of thing to happen - we've posted stories that show up elsewhere months, even years later and it's just understood that it'll happen occasionally. It's even more apparent when BioWare only has so many games to pull from, so the subject matter is limited. That said, I do wish we'd done it before they did!
  • kjdubz22 - May 4, 2011 1:39 a.m.

I believe Carth Onasi from KOTOR qualifies as a Pile of Grey Sludge.
  • SideOfBeef - May 4, 2011 1:32 a.m.

Couldn't this really be applied to pretty much any story with any writers in any medium? Oh look, there goes another heroic but saucy main character. Anyways, a lot of these characters aren't even close. Legion and HK are only similar in that they're sort of both robots, and I don't know how much more variety you expect when you're already in a sci-fi universe. It's pretty hard to equip guns to a sentient cloud.