We Recommend

• taokaka - December 5, 2011 4:49 p.m.

I've always found a lot of nintendo titles that I didn't like that much and that's the same with ubisoft titles, but Michel Ancel has only made gaming gold in my opinion and really hope he gets the appreciation he deserves.
  • Hobogonigal - December 6, 2011 2:29 a.m.

Sure Ancel has made some fantastic games but Miyamoto has been involved in way more game productions that are also great. If Ancel made more games maybe it would even out...
  • taokaka - December 6, 2011 3:30 a.m.

The number of games he has made isn't the problem. For example, Fumito Ueda has only made two games, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus but he is highly regarded as one of the best game developers of all time, while Michel Ancel has made 6 games (correct me if I'm wrong) and contributed to many more. Also Shigeru Miyamoto has had many years head start over Michel Ancel and as a result is well known along older gamers for being one of the pioneers of modern gaming therefore comparisons between the two are hardly fair. Also your last sentence would only be true assuming Shigeru Miyamoto stopped making games or at least slowed down to a snail's pace. Also I withdraw saying that he has only made gaming gold because in my research of my reply to your comment I discovered that he made the king kong game.
  • shawksta - December 5, 2011 3:53 p.m.

To everyone his own, he doesnt like Mario but does respect it, Mario has been all about gameplay and never failed at that because they innovate, you want story, thats why Paper Mario Exists, TTYD and Super Paper Mario were Deep and Mature in story,hopefully Paper Mario 3DS is aswell. Rayman Origins is an awesome game, and artisticly is brilliant(Second to Kirby's epic yarn in terms of 2D art) Rather ironic he would say that Mario isnt deep in story when Rayman Origins has no explanation at all, but I still love the game.
  • Nikku7 - December 6, 2011 1:04 p.m.

I've always loved the Paper Mario titles for this reason (and Mario and Luigi.) they show the Mario universe in a different way with a deep story and they ooze creativity. I like both Mario and Rayman, but I'll admit I play a lot more Mario. I feel like they are actually a lot more alike than they think they are in many ways, but if you don't enjoy Mario games, it's less likely that you would explore the other games that do address the things like story more.
  • paul212 - December 5, 2011 3:47 p.m.

If they teamed up for some sort of super game, the world would end.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 5, 2011 3:39 p.m.

I'd be pretty sore if my game sold 50,000 copies and Ubisoft hated me and released me next to Cowwadooty and Skyrim. Good game, but should be a fifteen dollar XBLA game. With multiplayer.
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 3:49 p.m.

...And what are your reasons for saying it should be a 15 dollar XBLA game? do you even have any idea how big this game is? the content alone is twice as long if not more than your average action, FPS game.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 5, 2011 6:42 p.m.

Because it has no multiplayer and nobody buys platformers anymore? If they wanted to push it they wouldn't put a sixty dollar price tag on it. I really like the game but not having multiplayer for this kind of game is a death sentence.
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 9:15 p.m.

I have to sadly agree there. i personally don't care about multiplayer, but I'd be in denial if I didn't acknowledge it's a very important thing to have these days. Is till think that the game as is did need to be a disc based game, and while I don't regret for a second buying it at 60 dollars, I can understand that selling it at say, 40 bucks would have been a much wiser decision. That, and releasing the game in say, effing February, July, or any month that was not September, October or November >_>;
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 5, 2011 2:48 p.m.

Never buying a ubisoft game again... Rayman Origins is a New Super Mario Bros Wii clone... God Dang hypocrite...
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 3:17 p.m.

...No it's not. The art-style is completely different, the game-play mechanics are also completely different (hovering, punching, wall running.) And even the emphasis on the platforming is different, which is evident if you tried any of the time trials or treasure chase stages. Furthermore... Game's far longer and more difficult than Super Mario Bros Wii. Saying this game is a super mario wii clone is like saying limbo is a Braid clone. Which is stupid. So, I'm sorry, but unless you bring some actual facts, I'm just gonna assume you haven't even played the game and you're just trolling for trolling's sake.
  • kingsmikefan - December 5, 2011 4:18 p.m.

Always wall-running in an Ubisoft game haha.
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 5, 2011 4:36 p.m.

4 players, bubble mode, platforming... Ring a bell? Lol I just traded this Bs in for Mario Kart 7!
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 4:51 p.m.

...So both being platformers and having 4 player co-op makes one game a clone of the other? So by your own obtuse reasoning, you can practically say that super mario bros wii is a clone of Little big planet! After all, it's also a platformer, has 4 player co-op and it came out before super mario wii!!! So yeah... thanks for confirming to me that you not only failed to play the game, but that you are a mindless retard. Enjoy your trade ^^
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 5, 2011 5:36 p.m.

Rofl, Mario's better all day every day... Little Big Planets is just Sony trying to get some of the Mario $$$ by giving gamers the tools to replicate all of Nintendo's best franchises on their machine(at least that is the way I see it, that's all I saw on there, same with Mod Nation Racer, just a bunch of recreated Mario Kart tracks Lol)... did LBP have a bubble mode? I don't remember. I just can't see eye to eye with a developer that finds games like Super Mario World or Super Mario Galaxy boring so they can just go suck a big toe and suck it real slow(Saturday Night Live reference Lol)... for eternity! /slightly trollish but true rant
  • ombranox - December 5, 2011 6:46 p.m.

Screw you, LBP was awesome.
  • BladedFalcon - December 5, 2011 9:11 p.m.

*Claps* bravo sir! you've completely missed my entire point, and clearly, the entire point of this article! such stupidity is not easy to achieve, it requires true effort like the one you're showing! Bravo I say!
  • ThatGuyFromTV - December 5, 2011 6:42 p.m.

Oh wait, hang on, I know where you're going with this, let's see... Halo: guns, aliens, space marines... Ring a bell? Must be Halo. Dance Central: dancing, bright colors, looking like an ass possibly with a friend)... Ring a bell? must be DDR. Dead Space: third person, survival horror, shooting supposedly dead things... Ring a bell? Must be Resi 4. If the games were 100% different from each other, there would be hardly any games, and chances are that most of them would be shit. Saying two games are the same because they're platformers is like saying any of the games above are the same because they're the same genre. Saying they're the same because they have multiple players is bullshit because every game tries to do that today. ...uh, gimme a few minutes to make a counterpoint about the bubbles.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - December 5, 2011 6:43 p.m.

DOOM. I meant halo is supposed to be like DOOM. DAMMIT.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - December 5, 2011 6:29 p.m.

It's funny because people were stupid enough to say Limbo was a Braid clone when it came out. And I've 100%'d both Rayman origins and NSMBW, and while mechanically they might be a bit similar, I can't imagine anyone would say they're really alike.