• bluscorp - June 2, 2010 8:17 p.m.

I still don't see the problem. It's like if Rockstar changed there logo to a boulder under the stars or summit, yea it'd be a end of the era kind of thing, but I'd still love them.
  • RebornKusabi - June 2, 2010 8:01 p.m.

I frankly think the new logo is terrible but what do I know... I actually like Perfect Dark Zero >_>
  • Ensoul - June 2, 2010 7:56 p.m.

I'm with zigs' thinking. Divisions abound! @GamesRadarCheryll Nostalgia may obviously having a strong hold on me but everything you stated is why the original is so great.
  • theemporer - June 2, 2010 7:53 p.m.

Rare is dead to me now.
  • shadowarrior99 - June 2, 2010 7:51 p.m.

I used to fantasize about Rare's logo, but not anymore. Cuz it died :(
  • Tomsta666 - June 2, 2010 7:50 p.m.

What's the problem? Companies re-brand themselves all the time. They've still kept the original logo is still there in spirit. If you ask me it looks cool, crisp and clean.
  • GamesRadarCheryll - June 2, 2010 7:46 p.m.

The new logo, while sterile and lacking personality, is an improvement over that "Hey Mom, I just got Photoshop and check out how I can make shit shiny!" thing that was their previous logo. That partial R shape make the entire thing feel lopsided in a bad way, the RAREWARE looks like an afterthought (you know, in case you didn't get that that swoopy thing was part of an R) and that heavy gold frame screams 1990. Not to mention the textured blue looks like a prepackaged-desktop-wallpaper-from-Windows-95 background! Geez! All right, I'm done.
  • graboids - June 2, 2010 7:46 p.m.

as someone who has designed corporate logos I think finding someone that likes this new logo would be... rare.
  • MitchyD - June 2, 2010 7:39 p.m.

What the hell? This looks like the logo to some crappy pharmaceutical company.
  • zigs - June 2, 2010 7:37 p.m.

There's four distinct logos. Well, they're all indetical bar the coloured shape, which have four varieties: gold diamond, pink octagon, purple hexagon and a green circle. After seeing that, it makes me think that maybe they're separating into four sub-companies, or whatever. Like, in the same sort of way that EA has EA Play, EA Sports and EA Games, for example. So maybe, they will have a specific Natal division, a family game division, a division for more hardcore gamers and another doing something. If that makes sense. The logo is utterly shit and sterile, but I do think there's something behind the style, some big company changes they haven't announced yet.
  • breener96 - June 2, 2010 7:34 p.m.

Ewwwwwww! I used to love seeing the rare logo come onto the screen, but this will just be gay.
  • litrock - June 2, 2010 7:33 p.m.

I like the new logo. It feels appropriately European in 2010. The old one reeked of overburdened 64 platformers. I just wish they'd put out a new game. Nuts and Bolts was a neglected gem of a game.
  • tomthespesh - June 2, 2010 7:31 p.m.

Why change WHHHYYY?!? The classic blue and gold IS Rare. The new one looks bad compared to everything not just against the old logo. :(
  • PCG_Evan - June 2, 2010 7:30 p.m.

Feels very modern and Euroooo, for better or worse. It's Helvetica, right? The same font as goddamned American Apparel? Ugh. But yeah, that weird gold badge thing felt dated.
  • bluscorp - June 2, 2010 7:30 p.m.

I also prefer the old one. But that said, its only a logo, i don't see the big deal.
  • Hydrohs - June 2, 2010 7:29 p.m.

There was definitely nothing wrong with their old logo.
  • Sunblast2099 - June 2, 2010 7:28 p.m.

why would rare do such a thing....WHY....
  • TheTygerfire - June 2, 2010 7:28 p.m.

If they make more games that take me back to that special place in my heart they made with the N64 era, I don't care what the damned logo looks like.