• julian-watkins - October 12, 2012 5:56 p.m.

Skyrim's books can be a bit difficult to get through only because I'm not fluent in the language and struggle with pronunciation, which just makes it a chore. Dishonored is a lot better in this respect, and is not only rewarding in quest info, but the lore is interesting. Even in the Arkham series, it's great reading the criminal files and back ground reports. Overall, as long as the material is engaging or rewarding in some way, I generally really enjoy books and notes and such in games. The only downside is when you're inundated with material and it starts to wear, especially when you're tired.
  • rainn'sgaydar - October 12, 2012 5:33 p.m.

Wave Race 64. Not much story here. It just wasn't very good. And I only asked my parents for it because the snobby rich girl in my class rubbed it in my face that she had it and I didn't.
  • GR HollanderCooper - October 13, 2012 12:43 a.m.

YOU LIE
  • julian-watkins - October 12, 2012 4:51 p.m.

Red Ninja. After a string of awesome 3D ninja stealth/platforming games; Tenchu (for its time), Blood Will Tell (which was and still is incredibly fun) I had reasonably lofty hopes for this title only to be bitterly stung from the gate. Starting with an awful, unforgivable, punishing camera that was impossible to steer and couldn't be reverted. Then there was the wonky stealth mechanics, and rare opportunities to actually implement them. The coup de grace ultimately was the emphasis on the up-skirts and 'loose' nature of female ninja lore. It was dreck of the highest order I say. Dreck of the highest order!
  • Stabby_Joe - October 12, 2012 3:31 p.m.

Spider-Man 3: Invasion of the Spider Slayers for the original Gameboy is the first that I can remember. The art shows Spider-Man engaged in combat with a crazy twisted mech but the game itself is a long, boring, frustrating and downright ugly slog through nonsensical levels of kicking men in a park as they slowly walk back and forth, to piss poor "climbing" while getting attacked by a disembodied bird head... that I really think wasn't supposed to be disembodied. Simply a bad gameboy and Spider-Man game. Even Spider-Man 3 based on the movie would have been an improvement *shudders*
  • VideoGabes - October 12, 2012 3:24 p.m.

The first game that I disliked was "Hey You, Pikachu!" I was probably 7 or 8 at the time and loved Pokemon games so much, I got every single one! This was before I started to read reviews or read gaming magazines so all the information that I got on the game was from the commercials or from retailers. So I saw on TV that you would be able to talk to Pikachu and do activities with him, "fun" activities like hide and go seek and fishing. So once I started playing the game, I could not wait to use the microphone to talk to Pikachu. So I plug it in, then I start talking. I try simple things like "Hi", but then I realized that no matter how hard I yell or what I say, Pikachu does not give a shit. Then Pikachu and I start to fish together and I start to think "Wow, fishing is as boring in a video game as it is in real life. I don't even care how big this Magicarp is!" This is why "Hey You, Pikachu!" was the first game I disliked, the mic didn't work, the gameplay was bad, and it had the Pokemon name which suckered young kids like me into buying that crap.
  • SunniDee - October 12, 2012 1:56 p.m.

The Urbz Sims in the City for the DS is the first game i truly disliked. I bought the game thinking it was Sim city the regular version but i thought wrong. I remeber playing it and thinking "what the hell am I playing" Everything about it was stupid from the storyline (a rich man taking over the city, cliche and boring) to the shitty graphics. Also the fact it was trying to be gangsta (adding a z to the end of a word does not make it gangster)made me hate it that much more. Also the game just wasn't that fun to play.
  • Cyberninja - October 12, 2012 1:15 p.m.

Final Fantasy 12 is the first game I remember disliking because of the way the game played. I approached it expecting a good turn based RPG like most other Final Fantasy titles and instead I learn that want it was is a watered down MMO with Final Fantasy elements, its a good thing I only spent $20 on it or I would have more disappointed.