• ManCow - September 25, 2013 1:27 p.m.

First, there is the expected giving my parents a comfortable retirement. Next, I’d hire a personal trainer because I have the willpower of a goldfish. Thirdly comes the altruistic part where I would set up an endowment for teaching and studying the most effective methods of teaching. Then, there is donating enough money to get my name on a building, preferably a large library. Finally I’d go back to college majoring in mechanical engineering and computer science with help from a lot of tutors– I imagine it going a little like a collegiate version of Billy Madison. After that, I’d buy my way into Raytheon and help them make a real life Iron Man suit. (I couldn’t just buy the company with its 25 billion dollar market capitalization.)
  • StrayGator - September 24, 2013 9:51 a.m.

1. set aside the necessary sum to guarantee financial safety and comfort for my extended family. 2. give the rest to some charity / whoever will use it better than i can. 3. Spend the rest of my day cruisin' in an ostentatios cabriolet blasting SNES ChessMater music, donning [brand_unspecified] shades and making stupid hand gestures towards random people.
  • StrayGator - September 24, 2013 9:55 a.m.

*rest of my DAYS блять
  • NOGIRLSIWANNAJETPACK - September 24, 2013 8:41 a.m.

I would buy millions of pairs of Arnett sunglasses and shower the world with their sun-shielding goodness.
  • shawksta - September 23, 2013 6:56 p.m.

Great podcast Tom, you as a host has its own charms. "No other current gen games besides Catherine" 3 Trauma Center Games Exist on Wii you know and you can ignore the Trauma Center games all you want, but goddamn it they were awesome. Especially with the open new Possibilities that Trauma Team did. I liked how Tom had to mention to not make any Poop discussions considering how easily you guys get to it XD As for QOTW: $800 Million? Well first and foremost i need to do the very first biggest priority i currently have that most important, Get a Goddamn Wii U already. Ive been up and down on my savings for a Wii U but too much crap keeps happening and i'll be relieved on the day i finally get it, my eyes are on that Wind Waker Wii U Bundle. Secondly i would make sure me and my family are all set up insurance and future wise. Save up for my future and add to my college fund and for my little baby sister's future's to be set up, they are only 5 and 4.. And the rest can either go to small development studio's that would need it or better up make my OWN development studio :D
  • TanookiMan - September 23, 2013 12:45 p.m.

I'd load it into a bunch of barrels and bury it in the New Mexico desert.
  • rainn'sgaydar - September 23, 2013 4:39 a.m.

I would buy gamesradar and force Greg to read my not funny answers to the QOTW.
  • TokenGamesRadarFurry - September 22, 2013 1:12 p.m.

With $800 million US dollars? I hardly see why you need to ask. I'd obviously buy, at the asking price of about $99.95, 8,004,002 pairs of Arnette sunglasses, and donate the last 10 cents to charity, because I'm a nice guy like that.
  • codystovall - September 21, 2013 4:14 p.m.

With $800 million Id use some of it to buy 3ds' and copies of pokemon x/y to give to assh*les I know like Tom who like pokemon but dont wanna buy the console or the game and then I can actually battle my manufactured rivals. but as I dont, to quote one Mewtwo, "I stand alone" and then my eyes glow and sh*t blows and I fly off.
  • MySistersPeriodTastesFunny - September 21, 2013 1:38 p.m.

Man, I hate to be one of those guys that yells, "B-b-but what about this game!?", but how was Condemned not in that Top 7? Now that was a motherfucking murder simulator.
  • SunniDee - September 21, 2013 10:08 a.m.

With 800 million dollars I would give my family and relatives about 100 million total. I would also donate to my high school 100 miilion so we can move out of the school which was built in 1968. Next, I would donate 300 million of it to different charties such as The Brony Thank-you fund, National Alliance on Mental Illness, and the Red Cross to name a few. Then invest the rest of my money into a publishing company called Future. TL;DR I would use the money for: family, charity, high school, and to buy your company and be your boss
  • BladedFalcon - September 21, 2013 7:51 a.m.

Oh Tom, you and your shenanigans :P As for QOTW: I know it may sound cheesy, but honestly, at least 200 million would go towards my family, specially my parents, since well, I owe most of what I have to them. Another 100 Million would be saved and insured to have always as extra resource for whatever that could happen. 200 Million would be invested towards business and property to keep making money for me and my family well past my own lifespan. So 500 million spent in "boring" but important matters. As for the rest? I'd seek a way to invest at least 150 or 200 Million into an indie developer that would be willing to make the videogame of my dreams: A propper HD 2D Castlevania-Like game in a full fledged fashion: Huge and varied areas to explore as well as a good amount of enemies without using repeats: All different from each other and challenging in their own way. And even offer different characters with distinct castlevania combat styles: One a Belmont who focuses mainly of whip and subweapons, one alucard with use of magic and vampiric abilities, one a mage capable of a wider range of devastating abilities, and one a soma-like character that uses different weapons and abilities. Each with their own unique plotline and campaign. Finally, the remaining 50 Million would be spent on purely leisure stuff, buy an own whatever system and game I wanted or feel like playing, travel wherever I please around the world and just make sure I have a fulfilling life without ever overspending in a way that would draw attention to me and make me a target.
  • rcarrasco121 - September 21, 2013 7:48 a.m.

Magrino's back!! Anyway, since I had some problems with depression in the past, I'd donate some money to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Also I donate some cash to my old elementary school in Chicago since they've been forced to remove the music, art, and gym programs due to budget cuts. I'd also donate some money to an organization that researches autoimmune diseases since my sister has one that effects her joints. Also I'd pay my parents loans off, and save up for my sister to go to college. I'd also buy a house with a giant library so that I can feel really cool.
  • duffer00 - September 21, 2013 6:20 a.m.

I'd set aside some money for High School and College tuitions first. Then I would probably donate money to all the people who provide me free content online, GR, Lasertime,Youtubers that sort of deal. Post that I would want to buy a car. Then I would set aside some spending money and put the rest away and keep living my life with that extra security.
  • g1rldraco7 - September 20, 2013 8:33 p.m.

Yay Magrino is back!! I was worried about him. Wow my comment was read and thanks Ryan, you are a gem. :) What would I do with 800 million dollars,* does the Dr. Evil finger movement* First I would put a quarter of it into my savings. Put another quarter of it in a swiss account. Use 100 million to restart Star Wars 1313, 100 million to make my own game studio and use the rest to buy Hudson from Konami and resurrect The Bloody Roar Series along with the Bomberman series to make Tom Magrino happy if possible. Any money leftover i would send to Greg and Lucas so they won't starve :)
  • bko - September 20, 2013 7:12 p.m.

MAGRINO! Oh thank goodness you're alive and safe
  • winner2 - September 20, 2013 6:52 p.m.

I'd do 2 things. First, I'd give 150 million of it to be distributed equally among the employees of GR, because I Iove the people here. Then, I'd live in comfort the rest of my life with my girlfriend, marry her, buy a zoo, and add to our sex toy collection.
  • Cyberninja - September 20, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Also Atlus makes Shin Megami Tensei, you know their main franchise(also persona is just a spinoff of the main series so you really should know that wheres Henry when you need him to correct stuff)... They also make Etrian Odyssey which is forgivable for not knowing.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - September 20, 2013 5:51 p.m.

Tom's back?! Awesome! I missed the old guy, was afraid he quit or was let go or something. We missed you, cynical Tom!
  • GR_TomMagrino - September 20, 2013 6:16 p.m.

Wouldn't be the first time!