• fudgefreak123 - August 24, 2009 9:53 p.m.

Disturbed and Metallica I had no idea who they were b4 this now
  • kubes - August 24, 2009 9:26 p.m.

I love rise against thanks to the bonus song Prayer of the Refugee in Guitar Hero 3. As soon as i got that song thats all i played. Now i own most of their cds and they are definitely my favorite band.
  • Buddah - August 24, 2009 9:02 a.m.

Rock Band got me into Boston
  • thecakeisapie - August 23, 2009 9:55 p.m.

ive started listening to Rush more and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have slid back up to the top of my bands
  • DoctorGordonFreeman - August 23, 2009 9:06 p.m.

Ever since ive bought monkey wrench on the rockband store ive been listening to Foo Fighters a lot more. I hate Seth.
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - August 23, 2009 9:02 p.m.

Definitely Metallica. After I heard "One" I was totally hooked. now my favorite band!
  • RonnyLive19881 - August 23, 2009 2:39 p.m.

Avenged Sevenfold! I thought all modern rock completely sucked until I heard them. And for some reason Paramore, "Thats What You Get" from RB and "Misery Business" from GHWT caught my ear. I like her voice.
  • kaythanksbye2 - August 23, 2009 1:23 p.m.

Definitely Metallica! I had heard of but did not listen to Metallica before Guitar Hero: Metallica came out so I didn't really have an interest in the game, but I rented it because I love Guitar Hero and ended up really liking their music.
  • reidabee - August 23, 2009 5:48 a.m.

Elite Beat Agents got me hooked to blink 182, Hoobastank, Good Charlotte, and Steriogram!
  • Nintendroid426 - August 23, 2009 12:20 a.m.

deffently Aerosmith for some guitar hero game featuring that band....... what waz it called??? oh and by the way i was being sarcastic..... DUH!!!!!!!!!!
  • spliffsucker93 - August 22, 2009 11:38 p.m.

some handsome devil, senses fail, and trogdor the burninator (best podcast ever, trogdor wuuuuz a man, he wuuz a dragon man, no wait he was just a dragon)
  • thundercatswithdrawl - August 22, 2009 9:49 p.m.

music games made me appreciate the band protest the hero even more and muse from GH3
  • phantomsight2 - August 22, 2009 7:33 p.m.

Guitar Hero: Word Tour definitely made me appreciate Tool. Schism, Parabola, and Vicarious are all in the game. I have so much respect for Tool, now that I understand how talented each of the bandmembers are. Long live awesome drum and bass solos!
  • NanoElite666 - August 22, 2009 4:59 p.m.

Um...? Not really any, I think. I've found that ever since I play the first Guitar Hero game, throughout all the various metal tracks that have been in these games (because metal is what I listen to) there have been very few occasions where I'm not already familiar with a band in some form. No doubt there are some people out there who had their first exposure to At The Gates via "Blinded by Fear" as part of Rock Band's Earache Thrash Pack. Me? I looked at that and said "Oh hell YES!" Now we just need the rest of the album that that track is from.
  • linkganon - August 22, 2009 4:52 p.m.

sources indicate that stricken is not a band. stricken is a name of a song by Disturbed, and down with the sickness is another song written by Disturbed, which happens to be a band i would have never known if not for guitar hero 3 since my search for that song ended with a bunch of other songs they made.
  • GamerTagsSuck - August 22, 2009 4:02 p.m.

Though I believe that music games generally slaughter the music, it did introduce me to Muse, so I'm good with that.And Thomashalpennny, there is no rap on music games because rap is not music.
  • LokiRising - August 22, 2009 4 p.m.

I picked up a copy of GTA Vice City at my local used cds and bitchin' merch store, and I started listening to their VRock station. Since then I started listening to TOO much hair metal and Judas Priest and other 80s shznizzle. Hell, I even went and watched the new Friday the 13th, thinking I could get some sort of 80s nostaligia. I ended up getting nostalgia for the movie store, where I should have got Evil Dead. Oh well. And Christina Scabbia is a goddess.
  • mentalityljs - August 22, 2009 3:27 a.m.

@didideve: The band is Disturbed, not Stricken, and yes, they kick ass!!!
  • H2A2I00 - August 22, 2009 12:37 a.m.

i like avenged sevenfold cause of rock band 2 and a bunch of other groups cause i play tons of music games
  • Pepsuber88 - August 21, 2009 9:45 p.m.

Thanks to Jimi Hendrix in Guitar Hero, I took real guitar classes.