We Recommend

• tehtimeisnow - August 29, 2012 9:03 a.m.

ha ah all the psp vita can run is bad old games from like 1995 ha ah no thanks i play real ganes on iphone it can run ifenty blade can psp vita run it nope didnt not think so just face it guys decidated handhelds r dead and a new age of gameing is here the ipohne age
  • CrushOnDrake - August 30, 2012 1:37 p.m.

Whats an 'ipohne'?
  • robertpopovic - August 29, 2012 7:38 a.m.

Wow, the backtouch is actually what excites me most. I still have a PSP that I mostly used for PS1 RPG's because it has a better battery than the vita, as well as that I originally thought that the sleepmode wasn't as power-efficient on the vita. Turned out I was wrong :D Played Silent Hill 1 on the PS3 and have several others that I still want to play (Soul Reaver, RE1-3) but it is a bit of a downer to watch those images on a HD screen. Can adjust easily, but still takes time. Didn't want to play them on the PSP due to the lack of the extra shoulder buttons. So now the Vita finally solved that problem! /cheer
  • db1331 - August 29, 2012 6:05 a.m.

Boy is this tempting. I had a blast recently replaying RE2 on my PS3. So, if you already own a PSOne game on PS3, you can download it on your Vita free of charge, correct? Last year I downloaded FF VII because I knew it was a must-play that I never got around to. I put about two hours into it but haven't gone back. Being able to play it on the go would be just the ticket though...
  • EnragedTortoise1 - August 29, 2012 6:21 a.m.

Damn right you can. All you have to do is find it in your downloads list and re-download it from there. There might be a more efficient way to do it, but I wouldn't know.
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 29, 2012 6:24 a.m.

No, you're right - that's the way to do it at present. But only on a PS3 until the store itself updates, which will either be today or tomorrow.
  • awinnerisjew - August 29, 2012 10:41 a.m.

I read somewhere that another way to do it is copy it over from your PS3's hard drive and open via the Vita's Content Manager. And also that you're able to play additional PS1 titles this way. Is that true?
  • Chronicus_Pr1me - August 29, 2012 1:26 p.m.

Yeah but make sure the PSOne classic games are still in bubble form on your PS3 before you transfer them to the Vita. Also If you had previously bought a zVita-supported PSone game for your Ps3, just re-download it but keep it in bubble form. Otherwise it won't transfer.
  • copyofcopy - August 29, 2012 8:38 p.m.

yeah, i just re-downloaded castlevania sotn and transferred it via usb to my vita
  • Jaces - August 29, 2012 10:47 a.m.

Hopefully when the store updates I can snatch all my psone downloads for my vita. As of right now I'm PS3less due to a recent move and it's driving me nuts. Already beat all my vita games so some FFVII and Resident evil will do me some real good.
  • MasterBhater - August 29, 2012 4:46 p.m.

I've actually NEVER played a Final Fantasy game before (to be honest, they didn't look interesting) but I downloaded FF VII on my Vita and, for some reason, I'm hooked.
  • TheWoolyMammoth - August 29, 2012 5:51 a.m.

I had a good go at Tomb Raider on it yesterday. It looks and runs perfectly, but I'll never be able to play it for one simple reason: the rear touch panel. Having to hold the thing and not touch the rear panel whilst using the D-pad to move Lara was more uncomfortable than anything I've ever used :(
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 29, 2012 5:54 a.m.

Try tucking in three fingers like you're doing a thumbs-up. Works for me, very comfortable :)
  • TheWoolyMammoth - August 29, 2012 6:48 a.m.

It's marginally better like that, but I don't know how long I could put up with it. It's a shame I have to be so different haha. Ridge Racer Type 4 was a lot of fun on it however.
  • wicko - August 29, 2012 7:42 a.m.

What does the rear touch panel do in PS classics? There's no way to disable it?
  • wicko - August 29, 2012 7:52 a.m.

nevermind, I read the article. lol
  • Dadyo238 - August 29, 2012 7:53 a.m.

Since the PS1 had four shoulder buttons, but the Vita only has two, each side of the rear touch pad counts as the one of the missing buttons.