• elpurplemonkey - December 14, 2010 5:43 a.m.

Ooh, interesting topics, this Pokemon Monday should be even better than normal. And I'd say I have an unhealthy attachment to Pidgeotto and Pidgeot. I know there are other bird Pokemon that are much better, but because of the anime, I'll always consider those two extremely badass.
  • Larinah - December 14, 2010 4:43 a.m.

I've tried to use Luxray very often, but it's just not a competitive Pokemon. Even giving it Huge Power and perfect type coverage doesn't make it good enough to handle cpu controlled trainers in the battle tower.(PS: gave it that using Pokesav.)
  • deformedorange - December 14, 2010 4:41 a.m.

Electrode has the WORST special defence and defence so it needed to be a very high level
  • Risonhighmer - December 14, 2010 4:37 a.m.

Tangela, for sure. He's my favourtie pokemon out of all of the ones released as of yet.
  • tbelz99 - December 14, 2010 4:18 a.m.

@IChooseUAntistaMon- but then wouldn't there be more of them from that first blue ditto asexually reproducing and constantly making more of itself ?
  • BoltActionRevolver - December 14, 2010 3:24 a.m.

Interesting speculations, but it could also be the same art designers for the Butterfree/Venonat Mew was the pokemon that was sneaked into the game. It might make sense that stats where copypasta And the Cuebone/Kangastkan? If its true, its way late to fix (And is kinda even more morbid. If you think about it, you loose your kangastkan to get a cubone, and no one touches my kangastkan!)
  • zalmute - December 14, 2010 3:18 a.m.

I love pokemon, but I seriously doubt it. Though... maybe Ditto is like Phione in that it is a off breed.
  • SteampunkJim - December 14, 2010 2:47 a.m.

Beedrill, for sure. Never worked out late game, and I always felt like crap when I had to cram him back in the PC.
  • BlueEevee - December 14, 2010 2:17 a.m.

Flareon, good attack, but no move is both fire and attack to utilize it to its best ability
  • ShokuaHyuga - December 14, 2010 2:01 a.m.

I'm gonna' have to go with Magikarp; virtually the most pathetic poke'mon of all, but it evolves into one of the most badass poke'mon ever,
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - December 14, 2010 1:57 a.m.

@tbelz99 Mutations my boy mutaions.
  • nomnom52 - December 14, 2010 1:50 a.m.

My pokemon I use in my SS is Bibarel. It's powerful in game, but I think it's still awesome. The theory I heard is that Ditto is a Mew that lost it's cellular structure. I think I like your theory better, though. That could possibly explain why Ditto can't breed with itself. QotW suggestion: What's your favorite "gimmick" pokemon? (i.e. Ditto for breeding, or Luvdisc for heart scale collection)
  • Crabhand - December 14, 2010 1:26 a.m.

I would have to say my Linoone from Ruby. It was probably my strongest Pokémon during the course of the game, but it just would not stand a chance in a real battle. She was just a level 4 Zigzagoon when I found her :3
  • Chaoscoolperson - December 14, 2010 1:06 a.m.

Out of all the starters the chimchar family SUCKED!
  • SnorlaxPWNS - December 14, 2010 1:03 a.m.

Just because I can..... ditto, He's not very good because you have to use transform and tan you can attack and it might not be effective.
  • jpbr139 - December 14, 2010 12:58 a.m.

Noctowl, I caught it because a love owls but it sucks, there are so many normal/flying birds and noctowl is the worst
  • tbelz99 - December 14, 2010 12:51 a.m.

No way ditto asexually reproduces or there would be no shiny form
  • SoySauceHater - December 14, 2010 12:44 a.m.

Butterfree. I loved it as a kid and when I grew up and learned it was one of the worst fully evolved pokes out there I was heartbroken...
  • Nap1400 - December 14, 2010 12:21 a.m.

Honestly, I don't have one. Within the 3 years I've played Pokemon (I started at Gen IV) I've always gone for the competitive ones. Here's a submission for question of the week: What is your favorite signature move by a Pokemon? (ex. Lugia-Aeroblast, Smeargle-Sketch, Giratina-Shadow Force, etc.)
  • Robusken - December 14, 2010 12:08 a.m.

I would say....probably Pichu. Even in meele I would use him knowing how bad he is of a fighter. And I just love beating in game trainers with a volt tackle pichu.