• Kaltoria - September 7, 2010 1:35 a.m.

What I think you guys forgot is that the black and white starter evolutions have been revealed. Here they are http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
  • BoltActionRevolver - September 7, 2010 1:23 a.m.

Pokemon Trading, the STD of Nintendo!
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - September 7, 2010 1:04 a.m.

i don't think it would be enjoyable
  • jakab11 - September 7, 2010 midnight

Defniitely possible, i did it on leaf green, but it is a pain!
  • noofer7 - September 6, 2010 11:51 p.m.

Never heard of Nuzlocke. I wouldn't be able to bear releasing all those pokemon.
  • bigmac515 - September 6, 2010 11:30 p.m.

My god that took me forever... its possible but youll end up loseing your soul in the process
  • Crabhand - September 6, 2010 11:30 p.m.

I actually just started a Nuzlocke run a few days ago when some other people on a forum I frequent started one. It's a lot of fun so far!
  • animeman - September 6, 2010 10:25 p.m.

I would only try it with an older version of Pokemon so I dont waste time or a save slot if I suck. Also I would need alot better description of the rules.
  • oufour - September 6, 2010 10:07 p.m.

@waffleleech yeah, for the sake of training and such i think cheating is allowed, as long as you don't use the cheat team in matches. if you find a really good team you should level them up and get their stats right honestly. also on topic of cheating, i'm thinking of doing a sableye only run.
  • WaffleLeech - September 6, 2010 10 p.m.

On the topic of cheating though, I don't consider anything that is possible in-game to be cheating. Obviously 252 EV's in each stat would be cheating, but 31 IV's in all stats is possible, therefore not cheating. But keep those Pokemon out of the GTS. I've recently been using an action replay to test out certain team ideas that would have taken me 100's of hours of breeding and EV training, but because I can try out so many possible strategies in such a short time, I've been having a lot more fun playing the game and in the Battle Tower.
  • WaffleLeech - September 6, 2010 9:53 p.m.

Heracross: 4x weak to Flying. Not on MY team.
  • ACGUY - September 6, 2010 9:35 p.m.

Oh shit I just read the rules for nuzlockes again. There's no legends allowed. I have to REDO RUBY! HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THAT?!
  • oufour - September 6, 2010 9:06 p.m.

i've never tried the nuzlocke challenge, but i don't own a lot of pokemon games, no account of me not owning a DS, but i swear i'll buy all the 3ds ones. if i buy a 3ds. but I'll tell my friend about it when i see him again, he loves these challenges. also, i would once again like to pitch sableye as the next pokemon of the week. also, i think you guys should read aloud some of the answers users give, like talkradar. gives some more motivation to answer and be creative.
  • ACGUY - September 6, 2010 8:47 p.m.

Infact nuzlockes challenge is so dull I made my own challenge called the ash challenge. Which is like nuzlockes challenge. But like ash in the anime you can only own up to six pokemon. You can only gain xp from trainers. You can only encounter wild pokemon to catch them. If you accidently kill a wild you must release all pokemon that battled it. And you must kill a legends (non-event.) Oh and no pokemon may be lvl 100s. And no hold items.
  • ACGUY - September 6, 2010 8:34 p.m.

I did on all games includding Pokemon yellow and completed it on each game. The most difficult was Ruby. All of my pokemon but one got killed by groudon. I did capture him. And through training he single handedly beat the elite four and champ for me.
  • Kisokuiki - September 6, 2010 8:05 p.m.

I played my copy of Pearl for more than 550 hours over a period of years, and I never cheated once. I don't have any of the event legendaries, but you still get the star for completing the National Dex on your trainer card without them, so I'm satisfied.
  • GreenLikesGreen - September 6, 2010 7:48 p.m.

nuzlockes are awesome...it makes you think more instead of just mindlessly pressing the A button... but it also sucks to loose pokemon that have been with you from the beginning and then die in the victory road :/ RIP fetish the male gardevoir
  • Cyberninja - September 6, 2010 7:38 p.m.

i love all pokemon i couldnt just release them that plus what if you lose a gym battle when you are at the beginning. one last thing that would be cruel if you say you suck goodbye to a pokemon..
  • loonyman978 - September 6, 2010 7:35 p.m.

I've never tried nuzlocke but considering ive never been defeated in a story battle, and i did complete the game with only 5 pokemon once, i think it would work out pretty well
  • Robusken - September 6, 2010 7:33 p.m.

Nuzlockes challenge does seem a bit tough at first but it honestly isnt that difficult. I will say that theres a ton of grinding that has to be done in order for your little poke troopers to be able to fight back. Losing your first pokemon is actually one of the saddest gaming events that can happen other then plot twists of rpgs, for me anyway. I've gotten about 3/4 into sapphire a while back. R.I.P Fang the Mightyena