• JarkayColt - November 12, 2013 12:40 p.m.

I'll tell you what, this just reminded me how much I loved playing those Net Yaroze games. They would always include a bunch on the demo discs that came with the Official PlayStation Magazine. Some of them were actually pretty darned good, but I honestly couldn't tell you what any of them were called. Long time since I played any of them. But yeah, it was pretty awesome. I feel like digging them out and seeing if any actually hold up!
  • mafyooz - November 12, 2013 12:58 p.m.

I was about to say pretty much the same thing. The only ones I think I can remember the names of are Mah Jong, which is pretty self explanatory, Terra Incognita, which was a pretty solid 3D platformer with the most horrendously translated opening sequence since the infamous "all your base are belong to us", and Decaying Orbit, which was a space shooter that had you flying between planets with different gravitational pulls and was the one I got well and truly hooked on! :)
  • JarkayColt - November 12, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Oh my god, I remember all three of those, haha XD If I recall, Terra Incognita had a time limit mechanic and I don't think I could ever manage to beat it before it ran out. =p I also remember there was a game called Snowball Fight or words to that effect, where a bunch of penguins just, well, threw snowballs at each other. Oh, and there was a game a bit like Doodle Jump, except instead of endlessly going upwards, you endlessly went downwards. I feel like it was just called Down, but I honestly can't remember. I wonder how many people made games on that and actually went on to something bigger?
  • GR_JustinTowell - November 12, 2013 3:36 p.m.

What about Blitter Boy (with the ghosts in the mall... and the RAINBOW GUN) and - my personal favourite - Bouncer 2. It was a bit like Breakout, but the ball was a little man, and you could drag him back towards your paddle with a magnet. Awesome stuff.
  • shawksta - November 12, 2013 12:11 p.m.

Those are awesome Damn, how can you hate Crash :P Understandable to hate Activisions Crash but Naughty Dogs!? I wasnt part of the Memory card drought but at the time i had a problem with not having a Memory card but it was more or less my lazyness of going to get one. You know what was cool? That tiny screen add on you could put ontop of the system for a miniature spare screen in case you couldnt use your TV, it was neat and helped me a lot considering i only had 1 TV at the time in the living room after we gave my old one to my uncle. Heck i even managed to use it last year on my 360 when my TV was broke :P It really useful when you need it.
  • BladedFalcon - November 12, 2013 11:37 a.m.

"the PS2 bases the visual composition of its startup screen entirely on the contents of your memory card. " ...wut, really? *mind blown* That's... kinda awesome, and now I wish i had paid more attention XD Also... what's the logic behind releasing a game with only 50 copies, and only during a closed press event?
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 12, 2013 11:34 a.m.

When I saw the title I thought, "I wonder if they can give me an explanation for the XO square triangle buttons." And you did! That was an interesting little tidbit I hadn't heard before. It seems like I remember struggling to find GameCube memory cards at some point in that gen as well. Though that may just be because I grew up in the Appalachians and stores didn't always carry a high stock of much. Or I was just unlucky. Possibilities are limitless really. May even be that I just wanted a 40 MB memory card and all Walmart ever had was the 8 MB. Or however those numbers worked. I have no clue anymore. Regardless, it was a rude awakening when I opened my GameCube on Christmas and found out my Christmas Day progress would be lost because I lacked a memory card.