• Thequestion 121 - January 7, 2012 9:32 p.m.

What a fantastic article!! All really great games that got the awards! :)
  • Jedipimp0712 - December 22, 2011 4:28 a.m.

i have listened to the "Exile, Vilify" song probably 100 times, if not more. I would say it is on par with Trentemoller's "Miss You" and goddamn do i wish i will be able to work at Valve one day... Here's to hoping my bachelors in animation and minor in computer science will get me there! ha ha
  • rongunz - December 20, 2011 3:43 p.m.

no song describes Joker and Batman best the way Deranged by Coheed and Cambria did.
  • kamikaziechameleon - December 20, 2011 2:16 p.m.

Witcher 2 is a gorgeous game and perhaps my fav of the year but they are lieing if they say it looks better than BF3, firstly the animations in BF3 are peerless and witcher 2 has apparent blending problems. Witcher 2 doesn't even have as good of animations as the like of HL2. there are a number of other absences in the witcher 2 category that carry the case that it is not as good as BF3. I do love the character models for sure, just look the the clothes in the above pic.
  • M_Stachio - December 20, 2011 9:44 a.m.

So I want to know what ever happened to LA Noire. I thought that was a great game, it had great sidekicks, and memorable characters. it had good gameplay and a well done story. It was also the first of its kind, so why has everyone forgotten it?
  • newgames128 - December 18, 2011 7:43 p.m.

This is one of the best group of GOTY award choices yet for 2011. Fitting to have best looking PC game followed by best looking console game. I think Gamesradar is the first to get this right.
  • mockturtle - December 18, 2011 2 p.m.

"[...] It’s hard to think of any Marvel or Capcom fan that wasn’t serviced by [UMvC3] (just so long as you don’t bring up Mega Man, anyway)." Except diehard Ace Attorney Fans were serviced in all the wrong ways (dear god that sounds dirty). Capcom has the nerve to put Phoenix Wright in, while simultaneously denying Ace Attorney Investigations 2 an English release? Ask any AA fan which they'd rather have, and I guarantee you 100% would say AAI2 over Phoenix in UMvC3. Hypocritical bastards, I'll tell you one thing, they're not getting any more of my money till they make this right, that's for sure.
  • LordZarlon - December 18, 2011 8:02 a.m.

Ironically I don't remember you guys thinking that El Shaddai was all that great when you talked about it on TalkRadar.
  • lemur - December 18, 2011 4:37 a.m.

OoT got better graphics than halo: CEA?! seriously?!?!?
  • mattwang - December 18, 2011 7:03 a.m.

It's not better graphics. They are comparing the amount of improvement made between the two iterations of the same game. OoT won because it improved more on the original than Halo: CEA did.
  • FVDub - December 17, 2011 11:08 p.m.

I want to thank you GR for: 1. Having innovative and entertaining end of the year awards instead of the generic junk thrown around everywhere else. 2. Posting these awards in a timely manner and not dragging it out over a matter of weeks. 3. Giving love to Rayman Origins and Bastion, two of my favorites from this year!
  • closer2192 - December 17, 2011 5:28 p.m.

I know most people will disagree, but I found Human Revolution to be better than the original Deus Ex.
  • talleyXIV - December 17, 2011 12:55 p.m.

Ahh by the way, these games that die beautiful deaths also shoot themselves in the foot with their names. Okami has a cool name but it is a different language, it might have sold better if it was called Wolf. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, that game's name is just way too ridiculously long. The only series that pull this off are Metal Gear Solid and Call of Duty, but they both have developed their name and everyone knows them. Instead of calling it "Different language bla bla bla bla bla." Just call it The Ascension. These are just my ideas though.
  • talleyXIV - December 17, 2011 12:47 p.m.

Wow, I love you guys for saying Dead Island was the best worst game. I couldn't agree more. One of the only games I have ever bought for full price, only because a lot of my friends were getting it. We did one playthrough and bam! The box is now collecting dust! The story was quite laughable.
  • gonzalo29 - December 17, 2011 9:26 a.m.

Best Game You've Already Forgotten: BULLETSTORM Seriously, you've completely forgot about this game, and it was a pretty good one, maybe it wasn't a heavy hitter like Portal Skyrim or Arkham City, but it was incredibly fun and full of non-stop action.
  • FVDub - December 17, 2011 11:10 p.m.

Bulletstorm got a 10/10 and was an editor's personal Game of the Year, that's more attention than a lot of other high profile games.
  • HankVenture - December 17, 2011 6:33 a.m.

Great, it's time to take over the VGAs!! I have to say I agree with you on most of the awards. I do think Jaws shouldn't have gotten best worst game at least from the way way Mikel talks about it, maybe it should of been the game we wanted to be good but didn't turn out that way. but, I never played it that was just the way the review and talk about it on Tdar seemed to lean towards. Best soundtrack we didn't expect...why wouldn't you have expected that? Saints Row 2 had an amazing soundtrack with various artist that were very popular at the time. The Winner for Best of a Bad Situation wouldn't have been the winner without the recent batch of games, I literally just sat in bed for an hour playing yoshi's Island last night (I have never played it before) I really feel like Batman should have won the fat Lady sings. I mean I love both of the endings but with Batman, there was more emotion to it. You had the image of Joker sitting in his office slowly going crazy due to the illness, starting to come to terms with the fact that he might die and then deciding to call batman up and sing him a song basically saying hey without you there is no me. Just hits you hard after you watch the ending and are already shocked.. But from just a musical stand point I understand why Portal 2, it was more impressive as a musical composition. so there you are, I only feel like one of them should have been switched :)
  • mikeylawson - December 17, 2011 3:23 a.m.

I didn't like Lydia. She was unpleasant. Which is why I sacrificed her to a Daedra.
  • CitizenWolfie - December 17, 2011 3:08 a.m.

I'm so glad I stuck around for the credits in Arkham City instead of getting up to make a cup of tea or something. I had chills when I heard it and had chills when I just read the last bit of this article. Hamill's performance aside, even the lyrics fit perfectly and it was an inspired song choice. But yeah, "Want You Gone" is pretty much perfect.
  • tiben36 - December 16, 2011 9:49 p.m.

i cant agree with the soundtrack award, saints row's soundtrack could have been a lot better if they had "better" station (like real reggea instead of that product placement called "the swim")