• jasoncarter - December 16, 2011 9:36 p.m.

This is one case where just have to completely disagree. I still just don't get why portal 2 is so great. Good yes, great? No. But hey, to each his own.
  • V22Dreamcast - December 16, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Can't complain...Portal 2 was a fatastic game. Although, I would have chosen Batman: AC. This was just a great year for games and so many deserved to be game of the year.
  • ninjaemperor - December 16, 2011 9:29 p.m.

Great choice guys! I won't say what won, in case I spoil it for someone, but it really was an excellent game.
  • iamawesome27 - December 16, 2011 9:28 p.m.

Um, you guys put Arkham Asylum instead of Arkham city in the nominee list. This seems like a problem..
  • bobob101 - December 16, 2011 9:29 p.m.

Good spotting
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - December 16, 2011 9:42 p.m.

How embarrassing. Thanks for the catch!
  • playswithsquirrels - December 16, 2011 10:12 p.m.

Is it bad that I have to think hard about which is which as I play the game?
  • playswithsquirrels - December 16, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I was really hoping Portal 2 would win! Not that it losing to Skyrim or Batman or any other nominee would have mattered...or that Portal 2 winning actually matters to my opinion, but I'm glad the one site I read daily gave it to the game I would give my personal vote to.
  • bobob101 - December 16, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I knew Skyward Sword wasn't to win, but it has my love all the same.
  • iamawesome27 - December 16, 2011 9:26 p.m.

Thank you so, so much for not putting Skyrim as GOTY. I was very worried, as it is only my third favorite game of the year, behind Portal 2 and Pokemon. It's a good game, but I don't think it's as amazing as everyone has said.
  • BaraChat - December 16, 2011 10:43 p.m.

That's a strange thing to say. Why would it even bother you if it was first? Would you feel sad or disappointed? It's their choice, not yours. I think it's pretty weird someone would feel worried then relieved by a choice that doesn't have any direct effect on them. Do you really feel the need for someone to agree with you (it's "only" my third favorite game). Well Portal 2 isn't mine (although it is awesome) and I don't give a flying poop it won or not. This is a very mind-boggling approach you have. On Topic, there were so many great games this year (honestly, one of the best years in gaming history) any choice would have been all right with me. So far mine would be Arkham City, but I haven't even finished Zelda, nor have I even slid my copy of Skyrim in my PS3, and there are MANY games of 2011 I haven't even tried yet (Saints Row The Third, Sonics Gen, Rayman, Kirby, Mario 3D, etc). On a year like that, gamers win anyway.