Topics

Nintendo

• hextupleyoodot - January 28, 2011 10:24 p.m.

Lol, there are people that actually think the N64 version looks better? Sure, some people may think the N64 has better color in places (in my opinion, the color on the 3DS version is MUCH better), but there is absolutely NO comparison when it comes to the poly count and textures. 3DS dominates the older version. And duh the 3DS version will look pixelated: it's a smaller screen! Do people even understand what pixels are? Pixels have nothing to do with the inherent quality of graphics, as the graphics can be rendered at any resolution you want.
  • DryvBy - January 28, 2011 10:12 p.m.

Nintendo needs to work on some AA filters, and fast. I'm skipping the 3DS anyway, at least until the 2nd generation comes out. You guys have fun being the testers of the market.
  • deathknight13 - January 28, 2011 10 p.m.

Hope the 3D looks better
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - January 28, 2011 9:59 p.m.

I haven't played this in years so I'm definitely getting it day one. I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!
  • Ashermeister - January 28, 2011 9:54 p.m.

well there was me thinking it looked like a pile of turd! until I saw the screens of what is about the actual size of the 3DS screen. Really impressed! Super smash bros. on 3DS for the win!!!
  • Not Snake - January 28, 2011 9:48 p.m.

OK, I know it's a weird comment, but there's just something about 3DS Dodongo's shoulders and front leg posture that makes him look less threatening.
  • spideralex90 - January 28, 2011 9:46 p.m.

My brother is going to buy a 3DS and this game. I'll steal it from him and save up for a psp2.
  • BoltActionRevolver - January 28, 2011 9:38 p.m.

And of course Brett beat me to the punch by five minuets
  • BoltActionRevolver - January 28, 2011 9:36 p.m.

Only in the shrunken N64 vs the full sized eDS can you appreciate. The other images looked pixalated, but now I realize, that is due to picture enlargement
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - January 28, 2011 9:31 p.m.

It's immensely better looking than the N64 version. The reason the 3DS images are pixelated is because they're blown up. The second page shows them at their actual size, and you can plainly see the jaggies are less obtrusive. It's all around a crisper, more defined version of the game.
  • ACE-VAMP - January 28, 2011 9:29 p.m.

i thought this was gonna be better looking than the N64 one, what happened?? nintendo need to do better if they want to keep up with the NGP
  • Ilyere - January 28, 2011 9:25 p.m.

Well, I guess it's understandable why it's so pixelated now. I've never had the opportunity to play Ocarina of Time, so I'll make sure that I don't miss out on this.
  • MrDuracraft - January 28, 2011 9:24 p.m.

Wow, looking through the sized up screens I was worried, but there is a huge difference when they are at the original size. Everything is so much clearer and easier to see on the 3DS
  • ChiefLethal - January 28, 2011 9:24 p.m.

Those screens look great. The larger ones of course are all pixelated because they aren't set to the 3DS' native resolution. Personal, portables are more easily accessible to me. I can get a game going faster on my DS than any non-portable console. I love me some portable Zelda (missed out on everything from GBA onward, though) and have been wanting a portable version of OoT pretty much since it first came out. A new Zelda on 3DS would be great IF 3d is something that Nintendo can use to effect game play, instead of just using it as a visual enhancement, and build a new Zelda around that mechanic. This will be a problem if 3d is something that has a prolonged impact on people's eyesight, however. I think the $40 is justifiable. I mean, it alone won't justify the purchase of a 3DS especially with 2 other versions of the game available (64, duh, and Wii).
  • SignificantFigure - January 28, 2011 9:23 p.m.

N64 better! The textures fit the game!
  • JayQ - January 28, 2011 9:21 p.m.

If you ask me, the N64 version looks better other than the environment textures, Link himself looks less pixelated and better in the N64 screens.
  • BodyDamage - January 28, 2011 9:08 p.m.

these look great. ill gladly buy OOT a billion times
  • Phoenix4 - January 28, 2011 9:04 p.m.

In my opinion the 3DS version maybe has some revamped textures (we can see it on the wall of Dodongo and his mouth) but it saks cause it has 999 visible square shi-s around every unit. Maybe the resize of the screens screw it up but still the graphics sak for me. Plus the graphics look overlighted Dunno.. it could be better but they were bored or 3DS can't hold better graphics ? Maybe it's cause i luv the N64 version.
  • spongejerk89 - January 28, 2011 8:55 p.m.

It looks worse...
  • KaiokenKid - January 28, 2011 8:54 p.m.

God im having a hard time deciding between this and NGP. NGP is gonna look better, but 3DS might have better games. I dont know, and we wont know until like half way through next year. 3DS is hitting in march though.