Topics

Nintendo

• TheDigitalG - July 12, 2011 2:08 p.m.

Ninja Gaiden is all I need. Why is everyone so cynical? The Wii was fun, whether you admit it or not. Anyone throwing around 'casual' and 'hardcore' is my enemy, stop being so snobby and elitist and understand 'casual', or easy, games are fun. When did the gaming community get so retarded? Pick up a party game and HAVE FUN, or pick up a copy of Dead Space and HAVE FUN. Just because a game is cutesy and not a FPS it's too childish? While you're moaning about how the casual gaming ruined Nintendo, I'll be having a great time playing Mario Party with friends.
  • bawrash - July 12, 2011 2:03 p.m.

This coming from the man that wrote the articule how microsoft could be in bigger trouble than their admitting with the connect only to provide no evidence of such but rather contradicted yourself with showing how well their sales figures were doing. You then went on a rant about how you hate the kinect discrediting everything you've ever written. Now you've heard that one company isn't developing for the wii U and that obviously means all the other companies lied. Its articules like this and the 'new final fantasy XII-2 screenshots show bias to ps3' which have no evidence to support it are turning this web site into a trash rag where you cant believe anything that you read.
  • ParagonT - July 12, 2011 1:39 p.m.

Nintendo is trying to get an early start against Sony and Microsoft, so it was a pre-mature release of the console. This in mind has set the ball rolling with a next generation console wars, but is really lacking from what I thought it would be. People are ready to pay for a new console, and Nintendo is just trying to get a piece of the pie before Sony and Microsoft takes it all. It's not up to Nintendo if third party hardcore games are coming to the system, it's if the third party developers think that there is a big enough crowd and target audience for their game from that specific system. Which the Wii/Wii U from what my friends say, doesn't have. I'm not buying the system and promoting shit systems until those promised "hardcore" games are released for it.
  • spongeboy - July 12, 2011 1:04 p.m.

@mrplow8 So Levine has no involvement in the unnamed Bioshock game for PS Vita
  • Darkmessiah24 - July 12, 2011 1:03 p.m.

I think we're all nervous about what's going to be on the new console from Nintendo but at the same time for me, I'm excited for it. I plan to buy the console no matter what if they keep their promise of having a strong line-up of games at launch.
  • spongeboy - July 12, 2011 1:02 p.m.

I never remember Nintendo or Levine ever saying Bioshock was coming to Wii U
  • Crypto140 - July 12, 2011 12:55 p.m.

Good for Nintendo, sticking though it even though they know this will be trumped by the PS Vita. The little game company that could.
  • mrplow8 - July 12, 2011 12:49 p.m.

Ken Levine hasn't announced that he's ever going to make another game after Bioshock Infinite; so let's all assume that that will be his last game ever.
  • Yahcoo - July 12, 2011 12:47 p.m.

I really want to like the wii U but it's getting more difficult as the days go on.
  • db1331 - July 12, 2011 12:46 p.m.

I love Nintendo, but I hope this fails hard and they go all but bankrupt, then they make an actual core gaming system timed to release with the next Xbox and Playstation.
  • Defguru7777 - July 12, 2011 12:43 p.m.

@ACE I won't have anything to think about it until I get my hands on it. I never really assumed that Bioshock Infinite would be on the Wii U. I just thought Levine was either throwing his support to the Wii U, or that it was his way of indirectly announcing a secret Wii U game. Either way, this doesn't surprise me that much.
  • AngelsandDemons1 - July 12, 2011 12:39 p.m.

Interesting...quite the Gambit by Nintendo to steal the spotlight at E3; but, will they truly be able to acquire more hardcore gamers and compete with the Big 2's next gen systems once released.
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - July 12, 2011 12:33 p.m.

Am I the only one who still thinks that controller is going to be horrible to hold and use?