• sniper430 - August 14, 2009 11:24 p.m.

GR, this is why i haven't abandoned you for n4g A~freaking~mazing article!
  • juicenpancakes - August 14, 2009 11:08 p.m.

I got so excited when I got to the gamesradar home page and the picture in the middle of the screen said "Neuromancer." God I love that book. Great article man.
  • Amnesiac - August 14, 2009 10:15 p.m.

Dear GamesRadar: WRITE MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS. Your friend, Amnesiac
  • theschwartzb - August 14, 2009 10:06 p.m.

this is definitely not the best article to be trying to comprehend after being up for 27 hours. i think im gonna get some sleep and try again later :)
  • Rattlehead - August 14, 2009 10:04 p.m.

I'll have to check that book out @jakeroks: I rarely say this word but for people like you I can think of no substitute. You are a huge fag
  • 435 - August 14, 2009 9:46 p.m.

Fantastic article. The mention of R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk RPG on page 3 made me very, very happy. It's currently the only game I own books for, so, maybe that could be the reason.
  • fastrak - September 10, 2009 4:32 p.m.

i remember seeing gibson on tv complaining about copyright infringement
  • AnonymouZ - August 19, 2009 11:26 p.m.

commenting, just so i don't lose track of article. still haven't gotten past page 2 xD
  • Prolific - August 18, 2009 3:22 a.m.

Outstanding Article! Thanks You Joe McNeilly! "Sir, This is to acquaint you that if your thrashing machines are not destroyed by you directly we shall commence our labours. Signed on behalf of the whole ... Swing"
  • michaelmcc827 - August 17, 2009 10:48 p.m.

very informative, different article. great.
  • SausageLozenge - August 17, 2009 8:43 p.m.

That Lift conference was crazy. Great article.
  • IHateMakingUserIDs - August 17, 2009 5:05 p.m.

I believe I got the concept of the article, future bleak, technology abundant, rich people rich poor people all over. This is a well written article. However, I think this isn't the proper place for such an article. I think it would have been better suited on a more tech/cyber world webpage, not gaming. Granted there were references to it, but there were also reference to movies, and future limbs. I doubt that Hollywood or prosthetics websites would run it.
  • crumbdunky - August 17, 2009 5:47 a.m.

Grought a lot back to me from my Uni days and writing a paper on "Nihilism and Hope in the 20th Century Novel" which I'd thought was a great idea 'til I started it! I never really found Neuromancer very gripping but, like many books regarded as "cult" classics, I suppose it's partially the idea being more important than either the style or execution that makes it seem that way. Certainly it's a book that grew in relevance over the years and deserves a place in modern pop culture and affords Gibson a rightful place as something of a visionary. It's a bit of a dull read, imo, if you don't enjoy the style it's written with or can't ignore the stilted characters but that doesn't stop it being important and even more influential in some quarters than even GR has ponted out here. Akira, inparticular has some really hardcore spin off fan obsession fuelled media, art and neo political projects which owe more than they may know to Gibson's work-even if 99% of the people who now use the term "Cyberpunk" wouldn't have a clue about either(Neuromancer or Akira) if you pointed it out to them! Still, great article GR even if it did bring back some vey long and pretty fruitless hours of caffeine supported research for this aging slacker. And don't worry about people calling you pseuds-take it as a compliment fellas as it's ok to stretch the grey matter once in a while!
  • RandomSamurai13 - August 16, 2009 7:34 p.m.

Of all of the articles that I've read on Gamesradar, this is easily the best one that's split the readers down the middle. Some people don't have a clue what this article is on about. The others are thrilled that such an intricate, well thought out article this is. As you can tell, I belong to the latter catergory. reCatcha: sensor Rosenberg, if ever there was a more apt cyberpunk sounding group of words...
  • txtIanC - August 16, 2009 3:09 p.m.

Joe: Great article. Very articulate. Articles like this keep me a fan of GR, the hacks at IGN, Gamespot and UGO can't compete. Even though Gibsons' book was a cultural cornerstone, his writing leaves something to be desired, the actual book was horribly written. I also don't agree that human society is going down the pessimistic dystopian tube. I'm not going to start farting flowers but there is far too much good shit that technology is pushing. Again great article.
  • Heyexclamationpoint - August 16, 2009 2 p.m.

Neuromancer has to be the worst book I've ever read. Gibson's style is utterly tedious and incomprehensible to read. I'm not even sure how I finished that book, but I toughed it out somehow. Now whenever I go to the bookstore, if I see any Gibson book I shriek uncontrollably and make a cross symbol with my fingers.
  • mertor3190 - August 16, 2009 9:01 a.m.

SO...MUCH...READING
  • DontEatRawHagis - August 16, 2009 4:26 a.m.

Gibson once said that Neuromancer was dead in the water. IMDB constantly has possible movies in its database, I know that the Robotech movie was said for 2010 now it says 2012. Neuromancer wont happen unless someone manages to pass a script passed Gibson.