Topics

E3

• GoldenEagle1476 - May 31, 2013 6:26 p.m.

I think a third-person option would be horrible. I'm sorry if people get motion sickness, but I thought that one of the key features of the game was experiencing everything through first-person. Also, the title of this article is misleading; I thought that Mirror's Edge 2 had actually been announced and my heart skipped a beat.
  • winner2 - May 31, 2013 3:59 p.m.

I never played the first, but I'd like to get the 2nd. I wonder if they'd change faith's look at all. I remember seeing somewhere a fan touch-up of faith where she looked more american and with just a softer tone to her face overall, and it was actually pretty well done. I for one liked it a lot.
  • Jacko415 - May 31, 2013 7:37 p.m.

Dude... NOOOOO. that fan sexyd her up and that fan was TORN apart by fans. SHUT UP WITH THAT SHIT. we have a real character here, not a dolled up hollywood actress.
  • winner2 - May 31, 2013 7:39 p.m.

NNNNNOPE, HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS FREE RUNNER IT IS EVER NEVER FOREVER
  • Jacko415 - May 31, 2013 7:54 p.m.

I know the grammer in my comment was fairly bad, but at least mine made sense. Wtf did you just say?
  • winner2 - May 31, 2013 7:56 p.m.

I said "I really don't care about your opinion or if anyone didnt like the fan art, I liked it personally". But I said it in the "poorly veiled attempt at being funny and lighthearted" language.
  • Jacko415 - June 1, 2013 5:38 p.m.

Why thank you kind sir or madam for explaining that to me in a logical manner, and of coarse, you know, my retort will invariably be "Shut up with that shit!" For that kind of attitude is what leads games to get dumbed down for the common denominator. NOW GOOD DAY, SIR.
  • winner2 - June 1, 2013 5:42 p.m.

If I remember to I will create 1 million fan arts and 100 million Internet aliases to love them in order to dumb it down and spite you (I probably won't remember)
  • Jacko415 - June 1, 2013 6:23 p.m.

Bring it on lazy man! (or woman!)
  • thesilentassassin - May 31, 2013 3:40 p.m.

Really? I thought the story was pretty good (not great but good), though maybe just a bit brief and mysterious. I like how most of these our things to keep instead of things to implement is shows just how awesome of a game it is.
  • Temperance11 - May 31, 2013 3:34 p.m.

No "Esurance-esque" cutscenes. Seriously, the game looked gorgeous in-engine and viewing them all through first-person would've kept us immersed in the world and Faith...why the hell did they go with cinematics that looked an Art College Junior's Flash Animation 2 final?
  • SirNinja - May 31, 2013 4:20 p.m.

Oh, I forgot about those. But yes, agreed. Those things were done at the last minute to stitch together what little story remained after the game went through some big changes during development. If they've planned things better this time, we probably won't see those cutscenes this time around.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - May 31, 2013 5:03 p.m.

Oh that's a really good one. Wish we'd thought of that. Only in-engine cutscenes allowed!
  • alexfruen - June 2, 2013 2:56 a.m.

I agree, they were truly awful and brought down the gorgeous rendering of the main game. A hand drawn anime style would be more fitting but I think it would be best if they just drop it all together.
  • malecele - May 31, 2013 1:58 p.m.

How about a good story? the first one was simply horrible.
  • SirNinja - May 31, 2013 4:17 p.m.

Due in no small part because they cut out a HUGE amount of it for various time/development-related reasons. Very little of Rihanna Pratchett's original script remains in the final game.