• marioman50 - May 22, 2010 5:58 a.m.

Now that I think back, Gears 2 had a pretty cool single-player campaign. Now I'm looking forward to next year. Yep, it's still a while away, but now that I have a job, maybe I'll actually be able to buy it 1st day.
  • Krhyme - May 22, 2010 5:39 a.m.

Ok now I'm excited for this game!
  • Onedown - May 22, 2010 5:34 a.m.

@ihopethisisnotantistasblood Maybe i read it wrong but it sounds like we DO get to play as Cole and Baird in a later chapter of the game.
  • Schuultz - May 22, 2010 5:04 a.m.

I absolutely hate the new character-design for the COGs. Whatever happened to sleeves and/or shoulder armor? This is getting ridiculous - I don't think Epic realizes what has always been the most fun in Gears: Shotgun Duels. Since the release of Gears 2 they seem to have always done their darndest to stop people from playing the way they like and play the way Epic wants them to play, which in my eyes is horrible. I'm really on the fence about this one - I might rent it just to finish the story, but I'm far from hyped from it, especially in the face of the online-disaster that was Gears 2 - it took them over a year to get the effing game to work somewhat properly...
  • cyanide4suicide - May 22, 2010 4:09 a.m.

Looks good. I'm not that big of a fan of Gears, but the story is what will make me purchase this.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - May 22, 2010 4:07 a.m.

why aren't cole and baird playable????
  • speno93 - May 22, 2010 3:42 a.m.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!! that is all
  • NeoKef - May 22, 2010 3:39 a.m.

For some reason, the WHOLE story of Gears is interesting to me. I'm looking forward to this and maybe, MAYBE, I'll be as good as my friends who play GameBattle games of this series.
  • Biohazard82493 - May 22, 2010 3:38 a.m.

i forgot by the way if you don't like the game that much then stop complaining just play and have fun that's what games are for having FUN not saying one game is better than other who gives a s%$t men just play the games you like
  • Biohazard82493 - May 22, 2010 3:36 a.m.

i love this games with my brother and friends i never get bored of chainsawing everyone a lot of fun i love this game cant wait!!
  • Jacko415 - May 22, 2010 2:40 a.m.

haha i hate to contradict myself but i jut made a typo that means something completely different than what i meant. your views are[N'T] automatically void whoops
  • Jacko415 - May 22, 2010 2:28 a.m.

AAAAAAAAAH! this shit looks orgasmic... its all so awesome! a;ebjshf;aklewfoewj....! basically, im excited... i need to buy a new 360 SOON (i got robbed). @RebornKusabi... its the internet... grammer doesn't matter. your views are automatically void just because you say your instead of you're...
  • Doctalen - May 22, 2010 2:12 a.m.

Never really liked the MP for GoW but I do like the campaign. I have a feeling the third one will be similar.
  • batman5273 - May 22, 2010 2 a.m.

Can not wait!! Gears of War is my all time favorite game. And so far Gears 3 info is making it really easy for me to nerd out!! April 2011 cannot come soon enough.
  • Amnesiac - May 22, 2010 1:40 a.m.

I too hate games with good gameplay and graphics. More crappy, ugly games please!
  • RebornKusabi - May 22, 2010 1:25 a.m.

Okay well my rant failed for several reasons... 1) I stupidly used "your" when "you're" was the correct grammatical usage. 2) Constant missed words like missing "side-story" from the sentence "Lastly, Dom's emotional [sidestory] struck a cord with people..." Now allow me to wallow in my wrong puddle over there in the corner -_-
  • RebornKusabi - May 22, 2010 1:21 a.m.

*Edit* "FIRST" [at] the end of your message."
  • RebornKusabi - May 22, 2010 1:20 a.m.

Okay, well you just named EXACTLY why I love the series and unless you were being satirical then no offense, but your failure is evident by "FIRST" the end of your message. Game-play would be the correct reason why you would PLAY a videoGAME. If a game's game-play doesn't work than the game itself just becomes a goddamn interactive movie and BOOM! Your playing Heavy Rain. Graphics, believe it or not, are another factor that contributes to a great game because if the characters in it look like they came from a Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" video than your not going to give a **** about someTHING that is called "Dom". Also, a lot of the tertiary reasons why Avatar did so well among the population was [[[because]]] it had such amazing CGI and looked amazing because it looked like nothing that was ever in films before that movie released to the general population... so to answer the common misnomer that people continue to use, yes graphics do amount to a lot more than people say they do. Lastly, Dom's emotional struck a cord with people because compared to the first games "Caveman Speak" that seemed to have been raised on a steady diet of Jesse Ventura's essence, a relatively dark and quite depressing story on one of the central characters actually struck a cord because it was actually TRYING to get some emotion out of the install base other than chainsawing people into chunks of meat. Lastly, Forth!
  • JADENkOTOR - May 22, 2010 1:17 a.m.

Im not a super fanboy of the first two but this preview just insured me the third installment will blow them out of the water. Really good coverage on this GR
  • Wriggly - May 22, 2010 1:13 a.m.

@ColonelKc Well, you said it yourself "All it has is good gameplay and graphics."