We Recommend

• Cyberninja - April 12, 2013 3:53 a.m.

Lets be honest DC has 1 standout series of games(Batman: Arkham series) as well as really really terrible games, while marvels games range from mediocre to good, if you exclude movie games because really they drag both guys down in the long run. I say Marvel has the best games overall because Marvel doesn't make really good games but they don't make soul crushingly bad ones either because seriously take out Batman Arkham games and you can't make a case for DC at all. So in short overall winner Marvel best standalone game DC.
  • adkm1979 - April 12, 2013 2:43 a.m.

Sorry to be pedantic about a fluff article, but if you are looking for the 'best' games, it pointless to pit solitary games against each other in categories. One of the reasons being, using that technique, Aquaman, deemed by this very site to be one of the worst comic book games of all time, wins a category just for being 'accurate', and consequently swings the entire result.
  • WooddieBone - April 11, 2013 11:35 p.m.

Where are Spider-Man 2 and last year's The Amazing Spider-Man which was surprisingly awesome. Especially the indoor levels which bring you back to his awesome PS game.
  • codystovall - April 11, 2013 10:27 p.m.

DC has arkham games asylum and city, therefore dc wins.
  • larkan - April 11, 2013 9:01 p.m.

I loved Alliance on PS3, rented and played it a couple times. Oddly enough, trying to buy an actual copy online, they're STILL at $60. WTF?
  • doominatorx6 - April 11, 2013 10:33 p.m.

I wondered the same thing. You can get a copy for 360 (or any of the older consoles too) for 10 bucks at the most, but the PS3 version is super overpriced.
  • Letter11 - April 11, 2013 5:21 p.m.

That retro Spider-Man commercial was absolutely absurd, I loved it. I hate to be that guy, but I have to post the AVGN link for his Spider-Man episode, I can't help myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omW1E7rv7IM Besides it's more relevant now that he's got a game on Steam Greenlight. As far as the debate goes, I agree with BladedFalcon, the Arkham games completely tip the scales in DC's favor. They're way too good. Fun read.
  • Veedot - April 11, 2013 5:04 p.m.

Best non cross over for marvel should have been Marvel Superheroes because i dont even consider that kinect trash a fighting game, The aquaman choice seemed really bias, i think marvels had better games overall but the arkham games are better than anything marvel has put out
  • J-Fid - April 11, 2013 5:04 p.m.

DC has Superman 64, while Marvel has Marvel Vs. Capcom. 'Nuff Said.
  • BladedFalcon - April 11, 2013 5:19 p.m.

DC has Arkham Asylum, while Marvel has the iron Man Movie Tie in... your point?
  • winner2 - April 11, 2013 6:23 p.m.

This has to be the hardest decision I've made today...but I'm gonna go with DC. But I'm probably just biased because Injustice looks awesome.
  • J-Fid - April 11, 2013 7:47 p.m.

I didn't have much of a point. It's just that Superman 64 is infamous throughout the industry, and I enjoy the Marvel Vs. Capcom Series (actually, I think any fighting game made by Capcom I love).
  • BladedFalcon - April 11, 2013 11:09 p.m.

Yes, Superman 64 is terrible and one of the worst games ever, but then you have Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, both of which easily sit on top as the best comic Videogames made so far. And yes, the Marvel Vs Capcom series is really good, but it's not even a full on Marvel series, and aside from that and the X-Men legends and Marvel ultimate alliance games, Marvel doesn't have truly outstanding games. (And no, I don't think Hulk: Ultimate Destruction nor Spiderman 2 counts, because while both games are "good" and have some very damn fun mechanics, both games have also lots of flaws that hold them back from true greatness.) The day Marvel can make even one game that's on par with the quality of the Arkham series, it's the day they probably can tip the scales, but that has yet to happen.
  • obviouslyadouche - April 11, 2013 4:50 p.m.

I expected marvel to win here with HenereyG's slight Marvel bias but I'm more surprised at how awful half these games look. God I wish there was more developers like Rocksteady. But hey the future looks a little brighter with Marvel Heroes, Injustice etc.
  • BladedFalcon - April 11, 2013 5:22 p.m.

Why do people keep saying Henry has a Marvel Bias? He's the one person that constantly reads and bouch for DC's stuff. If he still ends up talking about Marvel is because weeeell, whether DC fanboys want to admit it or not, outside of Batman and Vertigo, the DC universe and comics are kind of crap. Not that Marvel is that much better either, but at least they don't go full on retard as often as DC does.
  • obviouslyadouche - April 11, 2013 6:11 p.m.

He does have a Marvel bias, which I'm pretty he has admitted before, just because he also reads DC doesn't mean he doesn't have a marvel bias. However I will admit DC does make more bad decisions then Marvel, but I much prefer the DC characters to the Marvel characters so I'm willing to let it go most of the time.
  • BladedFalcon - April 11, 2013 6:49 p.m.

Having listened to every episode of CapeCrisis so far, I'm fairly sure that he has never once admitted that, it's actually Brett that fully admits he's skewed towards marvel. Henry reads most of the DC stuff and eve LIKES and defends superman, which is the most boring superhero ever created. Also, I'm sorry, but you just admitted that you're skewed towards DC even with all the stupid choices they make and characters they have, so i don't really think you have much right to say someone else is biased when it's clear you have a big bias as well...
  • obviouslyadouche - April 11, 2013 7:30 p.m.

He may not have said it but it can pretty easily be inferred, he tends to talk about marvel much more, and if you look at the Cape Crisis recommends there are almost always two more marvel books then DC. Henry is the most well read and accepting of DC on Cape Crisis, but he still has a slight marvel bias. I also don't really follow your logic. Just because I have a bias, which I admit I do, doesn't mean I can't say someone else is biased. You said you have a Marvel bias in an earlier post so by your logic you can't comment on my bias, nor Henry's.
  • BladedFalcon - April 11, 2013 8:45 p.m.

..And now you're just following a circular argument, if I can't comment on bias because I am biased myself, then the exact same can be said from you, you're biased, so you can comment on either my bias or Henry's, see how this works? :P And again, have you stopped to consider that the reason he mentions marvel more, is simply because they write better, or at least more stuff? I mean, I could understand saying he's biased if he just bashed DC, or said that a property sucks without ever reading it- Like say, his exact attitude when it comes to certain game IPs such as infamous. But in the case of comics, I really believe he follows both brands as much as he can. *shrugs*
  • Veedot - April 11, 2013 8:32 p.m.

So Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Green Lantern comics are crap? thats a pretty bold opinion