• TheoneandonlyPym - June 29, 2011 5:51 p.m.

Goddamn I bought this game a fortnight ago, I still can't find that friggin' squirrel key!
  • SDHoneymonster - June 29, 2011 5:31 p.m.

I never thought I'd read an article on a gaming site that references Bertolt Brecht. Now I don't feel like my drama degree was so worthless... Good article by the way, I'll be checking this game out when I get some funds (which will be never, at this rate). I agree about Heavy Rain - I don't think I've ever been more underwhelmed by a game to be honest. Listening to the press and the publicity around it you'd have thought it was the gaming equivalent of Citizen Kane, and it turned out more like a Saw sequel. By the way, the recaptcha just asked me to type in a word upside down. Is it getting paranoid?
  • Japanjack - June 29, 2011 4:32 p.m.

Honestly, best article I've ever read on GR. I quite like your writing in general, my friend and I played this game together and I think it is brilliant as well.
  • SillyPigeon - June 29, 2011 3:42 p.m.

Wow that was a really well written serious article! And I have to say, I am intrigued. Can't quite believe it but I might just give this a look
  • GR_DavidHoughton - June 29, 2011 3:36 p.m.

There's no actual bashing going on in this article. Just clear quantitative appraisal from a game design and writing perspective. Which is necessary when explaining how a game improves over other works in similar genres.
  • Aletheon - June 29, 2011 3:24 p.m.

You don't have to bash other games to make your point. It's lame.
  • wittynickname - June 29, 2011 3:07 p.m.

Great article, and perfectly timed for me. Deadly Premonition is next up in my backlog once I finish my current game, and now I'm positively salivating for it beyond my original anticipation to experience this odd little gem. Can't wait. Thanks, David!
  • PooPSock - June 29, 2011 2:58 p.m.

@Crofto *childish laughter* DP fans... But seriously, you bought me with your description and this game I completely overlooked is now on my list.
  • LuketheJuke24 - June 29, 2011 2:39 p.m.

dammit!! Im so convinced but I dont want to pay 70 bucks for a PS3 import.....
  • bread_or_decide - June 29, 2011 1:42 p.m.

YES and it's about damn time someone had the balls to say it. Best ending to a game I've seen in a long time and my fav game of 2010.
  • kodesy - June 29, 2011 1:25 p.m.

Ah, the glory days of gaming. When you didn't have unlimited lives and autosaves. Gamers were a breed with commitment and dedication that played games with a lead character who was more than a hand with a gun. Remember the days of playing for hours on end while forgetting to save your game only to have some horrible mishap that freezes your system or kills your character bringing you to the realization that you just wasted 4 hours of your life and have nothing to show for it except maybe a broken controller? That shouldn't make me nostalgic, but somehow it does O_o
  • Gahmah - June 29, 2011 12:58 p.m.

http://supergreatfriend.com/ check out this guys site, he played through the 100% of the game in a great way, now He's going through Swery's other directed game, Spy Fiction.
  • Yaro - June 29, 2011 12:23 p.m.

Yes I know! I do not have 360. I will not buy 360... =(
  • FauxFurry - June 29, 2011 12:08 p.m.

Oh,yes, this too. http://www.destructoid.com/deadly-premonition-is-blatantly-better-than-heavy-rain-165288.phtml