We Recommend

• lazer59882 - September 29, 2011 7:43 p.m.

i've never played a bad zelda game, but thats cause i've skipped the gimmicky ones (i.e. the 2 ds games) and as such i'll be skipping this one. not one single time in the thousands of hours ive given to zelda games have i thought, "boy, what i really want is to swing my arm like a sword". pressing a button worked just fine, but now that nintendo's putting all this effort into the goddamn sword swinging mechanics, its looking like the rest of the game will be SUBPAR, to put it succinctly. its amazing how in retrospect Twilight Princess really does seem like a total swan song for serious fans of the series. it was a loving goodbye to what we loved about zelda, consciously giving us exactly what we wanted, knowing in the future that zelda games would be gimmicky, peripheral-driven pieces of garbage. and between the 2 DS games and this, it looks like thats exactly what they're giving us.
  • shawksta - September 29, 2011 10:11 p.m.

You OBVIOUSLY dont get it. First off, Twilights mechanics wasnt THAT F*CKING ANNOYING, you pepple whine for nothing, and second you obviously havnt seen the potential. Yes its motion, but its not Garbage motion, this is a MUCH bigger imprvement then Twilight, you sound like you never even tried but just judged without playing. You obviously havnt seen previews saying how good the controls are7 Gimmicks? Did you even PLAY hourglass and spirit tracks? Its not as much gimmicky as it is addicting and fun, more poor judgement. Zelda's all about gameplay, the fact that you didnt play them and judge by controls and looks show your poor judgement for them, its not garbage by any means.
  • EnigmaSpirit - September 29, 2011 7:41 p.m.

I really hope that they have some character development between Link and Zelda. I don't think I am alone when I saw that I would like to see them have a relationship in the game.
  • DecoyOctorok - October 1, 2011 4:43 a.m.

Agreed. My personal favorite incarnation of Zelda is definitely Tetra from Wind Waker. She's a much cooler character when she's written as strong and independent. The Twilight Princess version just kind of sat around until the end.
  • shawksta - September 29, 2011 7:28 p.m.

Aw man, I seriously cant wait for this game, it keeps getting more awesome! Its nice to see that Link and Zelda have a real relationship this time! And Ghirahim is a VERY interesting villian, and with the,game getting disturbing with him saying "Bloodshed" and "Murder" this game could possibly be unexpectingly Dark. This games gonna be awesome ^_^
  • CitizenWolfie - September 30, 2011 5:45 a.m.

I thought Ghirahim would be interesting too until I played the demo. He's such a JRPG cliche it's untrue...
  • shawksta - September 30, 2011 8:32 a.m.

That may be, but the fact that its personality is on a Zelda game, it could be interesting. The cutscene really shows it.
  • CitizenWolfie - September 30, 2011 9:01 a.m.

I think just compared to Ganondorf alone (not to mention all the other awesome Zelda villains), this guy seems a huge step backwards. And if this game does turn out to be the earliest major game in "The Timeline," it seems strange for the main villain to be anyone other than Ganon... Do you see what I mean? Skyward Sword is shaping up to be a huge milestone in the series and I'm just concerned a second-rate emo Sephiroth won't have the personality of Ganondorf.
  • shawksta - September 30, 2011 11:31 a.m.

I get what your saying, but as far as Zelda villains go, they always tend to impress, the demo left a huge impression on you,but the full game can just change anything. Having played Spirit Tracks, I didnt take that midget villain serious till he showed it. Vaati showed himself great as Minish cap and 4 swords went on, Im sure Ghirahim will be great, and as for the timeline, Ganondorf wasnt born yet, but we might have references to him.
  • somthing42 - September 29, 2011 6:38 p.m.

Words cannot describe my excitement for this game.
  • crystalmask - September 29, 2011 6:27 p.m.

I'm so excited for this game you have no friggin idea. It looks simply amazing.
  • Metroidhunter32 - September 29, 2011 6:26 p.m.

The game looks great, graphics are pretty, but Zelda herself is ugly. A minor complaint really, but if she's involved more in the story, it's gonna distract me. Doesn't matter really, I'm getting it anyways.