We Recommend

• Jbo87 - January 15, 2009 6:15 p.m.

I'm rather dissapointed to hear that there is no alternate fire button in Killzone 2. For me thats what made the first game so enjoyable. More or less every weapon had a secondary fire, the Helghast rifle had a shotgun on the bottom of it, now that was fucking entertaining to use. I wonder if they kept the Squad Cannon from the original. That remains to this day my favourite videogame weapon ever. I am going to refrain from any kind of hate spiel as I am entirely neutral towards the consoles and really enjoy seeing good games being developed even if it is for a console I don't own. Well except for the Wii obviously, chuffing hate that little white box.
  • Cernunnos - January 15, 2009 3:02 p.m.

i hate the coversystems in games. want to avoid getting shot? press a damn button and the game does it for you! withouth a coversystem you have to seek cover yourselves, the game doesnt save your ass. coversystem = immortality. especialy since all games allow you to regenerate health just by not getting shot. enough with the coWersystmes already!
  • Cernunnos - January 15, 2009 2:40 p.m.

"And then there are the actual characters, who are rendered with about the same level of detail in both games." mr. reparaz obviously werent looking at the picture showed below that statement when making it... the grimacing part is too true though...
  • ELpork - January 15, 2009 11:52 a.m.

Left 4 dead wins..... sorry.
  • WeirdJamFace - January 15, 2009 9:32 a.m.

i hate CoDWaW... i got for christmas and the graphics sucks, the gameplay sucks, the AI sucks AAAANNND i doesnt haz XBOXX LIFVES (Modern warfare was sooo much better)
  • Birday - January 15, 2009 6:16 a.m.

For the time spent on making Killzone it better wipe the floor with all 3, but well Gears has awesome Horde and great Co-op, CoD I can never get on Live without someone playing it(Plus you get too shoot ZOMBIE NAZI'S COMON >:|) And well...resistance has pure scale and awe of enemies...doubt Killzone can compete with 1 let alone all of them. (Time it took for killzone CoD has released 3 games and two new franchises with two chapters in with GoW and resistance....that alone should means the world)
  • manloveschaos - January 15, 2009 4:16 a.m.

Synster: I fail to see how the 360 is a good system! I don't fail to see that it has some good software, a very strong library and a great online service. But the console it self is total rubbish.
  • Gahmah - January 15, 2009 3:15 a.m.

This was kinda long, and though informative, not the funny spectacle I usually tune in for at Glamsrotor.calm Maybe just pulling parts of Killzone 2 and comparing it to the other games in a shorter article would have been nicer. I really want KZ2 to do well, I thought the first one was awesome. I don't think of heard of a game with objective switching multiplayer outside, I guess kinda the Unreal onslaught power whatever maps, though UT3 was a horrible experience for me compared to the previous games.
  • octagons - January 15, 2009 2:57 a.m.

killzone 2s graphics look... fuzzy.
  • John-117 - January 15, 2009 2:21 a.m.

Great Article, alot of good points presented on all sides. I love TF2 so the class system of KZ2 really speaks to me, but I do miss the co-op in the other games. Hopefully the patch/DLC for it will come soon after because I love me to shoot stuff along side friends. Great job GDar!
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - January 15, 2009 2:11 a.m.

"Get over yourselves GR and wait till you play the damn game." We have. And yes, it's the finished game. Apparently you missed the part where I spent the entire article saying Killzone 2 was better than Gears of War 2, CoD:WaW and Resistance 2.
  • manloveschaos - January 15, 2009 2:09 a.m.

Like all GR articles, it's an enjoyable read, but without any real substance. And holey hell, lol. You guys are taking hell at the Gaf.
  • Jaces - January 15, 2009 2:06 a.m.

Whats the point of this article again? And who the blue fu*k cares. I love each game differently, comparing is just idiotic. OMFGGEOWZZPAWNZKZ2GRAPHICSZOMG!! It's like fanboyism cept at a higher intelligence...but not by much. Get over yourselves GR and wait till you play the damn game.
  • slickmcwilly - January 15, 2009 1:48 a.m.

@willie33 like Flare said, could've been done with a mod. anyway, why can't people accept that they are both great games? why do they have to be compared and not appreciated in their own way?
  • Biohazard82493 - January 15, 2009 1:48 a.m.

I mean com'n i don't care if killzone has better graphics weapons bla bla with gears is fucking hilarious to paly with your friends and chainsawing everthing in your path and horde is like here comes the butcher lets fucking explode him with the shotgun is a lot more hilarious than playing with guys you nearly know against another 31 players i love gears it awesome long live metal!!
  • tehbarbar - January 15, 2009 1:46 a.m.

It's hard to defend KZ2, since obviously I haven't played it yet, but what's the point of comparing it to these other games? Do they have the same story? No. Do they have the same developer? No. They are made to be different and that's what makes them the games they are. Now stop comparing them and just play them all.
  • aberkromby - January 15, 2009 1:07 a.m.

Killzone rocks, gearsofwar is just too haloey. and its weapons are too ratchet & Clankey
  • uncle_charley - January 15, 2009 12:20 a.m.

Why is this article listed under "PC Features"?
  • flare149 - January 15, 2009 12:16 a.m.

@LordRevan111: Oh really? What was that? A few new weapons and moves? Heck that could've been done with a mod Killzone 2 beats that with just it's unique cover system. Don't get me wrong I love Gears 2, but it added basically NOTHING new.
  • groovy3000 - January 14, 2009 11:55 p.m.

killzone's gonna be way better than any of those other games