• bowser99 - January 16, 2009 9:49 p.m.

DUDE! this is the most awesomeness article I've seen in a while, Thanks a lot!
  • badgerfan993 - January 15, 2009 3:35 a.m.

Thanks, i been searching for some good software for week
  • animeman - January 15, 2009 1:23 a.m.

i used Game Maker 7.0 last year in computer class. it is really simple.
  • Life - January 14, 2009 11:28 p.m.

AS soon as my finals are done, this is going to the test. I'm so pumped to start making some of these things. Thank you so much for finding all of this!
  • nyef - January 14, 2009 8:31 p.m.

i remember one time i made a space invaders type game with visual basic. it was pretty cool, but i could of done more if I used a different program. blender is pretty sickly tho : )
  • Nintendophile - January 14, 2009 6:25 p.m.

What a great article! Thank you for putting all these resources together into one quick-stop-shop! ^_^
  • zanthox - January 14, 2009 2:24 p.m.

Wow... Yesterday I started writing up concepts about a game...
  • TheNobleRobot - January 14, 2009 9:53 a.m.

"do you have any recommendations for mac users?" Get a real computer... OH, BURN!
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - January 14, 2009 7:09 a.m.

Good catch - I've used TrueSpace before, not sure why it slipped my mind. I'll add it to the list of updates.
  • newgames128 - January 14, 2009 5:45 a.m.

This is the coolest thing I've seen so far on this site. I'm gonna check some of these out. Thanks Gamesradar!
  • JoeMasturbaby - January 14, 2009 4:03 a.m.

ive used the Unreal tournement designer before and made some pretty cool buildings and levels, i started making a western ghosttown level but i graduated high-school and never bought the software. :( that was probably the most fun ive ever had with software too.
  • CandiedJester - January 14, 2009 3:34 a.m.

OMGITSTYLER O: Thanks for the links ^-^ I can't wait to try our blender! Airhead; O.o..think you used enough question marks?
  • Airhead - January 14, 2009 2:19 a.m.

do you have any recommendations for mac users????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • lymanzaar - January 14, 2009 1:02 a.m.

awesome! Can't wait to start. I've been looking for this kind of information for a long time! thanks for writing about it!
  • aaronfuhrer - January 14, 2009 12:56 a.m.

It really sucks, I have a Mac and none of these work with Macs.
  • RebornKusabi - January 14, 2009 12:36 a.m.

The problem with me and many of the people I have met in my life that have had a passion to do game design for their career have all ran into one huge problem- at least in my part, I am utterly terrible at Math. I have been in Community College for 2 years now and every single time I have decided to take Prealgebra, I have failed it horribly... why does this matter? I have been told that you must have a high Math skill in order to design or even get HIRED by game companies >_> So as much as I like that gamers can still make their own games, these helpful sites will do me no good since I have bad Math skills that are apparently required to make a video game. Good article though!
  • GamesRadarPaulRyan - January 14, 2009 12:29 a.m.

Do you think that even I could make a game, Tyler?
  • GoldenMe - January 13, 2009 11:55 p.m.

Fox64 gets schooled by the ever-loving Tyler. I'm a bit interested, but I probaly don't have the time/patiance to actually make one.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - January 13, 2009 11:35 p.m.

Did you expect me to write a 10,000 page bible on the ins-and-outs of game programming, 3D modeling, texture creation, and animation? This is an overview of the software and tutorials available to inexperienced game designers.
  • Fox64 - January 13, 2009 11:30 p.m.

So basically all this article says is download Blender and follow the tutorials? Way to FAIL.