Topics

Old-school

• DrPhibes666 - June 24, 2010 5:31 p.m.

Half Life 2, everytime i play it its like just watching my favourite movie playout in front of me, all the little sections, puzzles and open air bits
  • Tronto13 - June 24, 2010 5:16 p.m.

Fable 2! Lost months of my life on that game :) wouldnt have it any other way!
  • Wolverine08 - June 24, 2010 5:08 p.m.

I'm quite sad and remember the tiniest aspects of games, sound effects, the options available on the menus etc., but there are a few who permeate my brain, mainly because of the music. These are Okami because it's so beautiful, Modern warfare 2 and Uncharted 2 (but only because I spent years trying to beat it on Crushing difficulty, and eventually did). For me, sound is the best way a game is engraved into my psyche, anyone agree??
  • nighthawk205 - June 24, 2010 5:06 p.m.

Blue Sphere, the bonus level from Sonic and Knuckles when you put another game cartridge on. If you didn't put in a cartridge, you started from level 1. I practiced it so much, I easily passed the first few hundred levels after a while. After beginning to collect codes to see how far I could get, I reached over 2,000 before I gave up and moved onto the next game. If you sat me in front of Blue Sphere now at level 1, I guarantee I'd have it memorized.
  • Dragonflame - June 24, 2010 5:05 p.m.

I could run you through Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 100% without looking at the screen and simply using my memory, seruisly i can :)
  • Nin10DOH - June 24, 2010 5:04 p.m.

Probably Zelda Ocarina of Time. I can even get through the water temple with no too many difficulties :P
  • DustyRooster - June 24, 2010 5:04 p.m.

Super Mario World for me. I got it on the virtual console and it all rushed back at me. Every jump, every haunted house door, and hidden p stomper thing. First game on the first console I owned.
  • haford - June 24, 2010 4:59 p.m.

Yeah, I know the exact feeling, when ever I pick up Star Wars Battlefront 2, I instantly remember each level etc, and how to win as each team, even when against extra npcs
  • JADENkOTOR - June 24, 2010 4:56 p.m.

Holy shit this happens to me all the time... The most recent being Aladdin on Genesis. I hadn't played it in over 15 years and when I picked up the sticks I didn't miss a beat. I mean I knew every tiny part of every level. It amazes every time I pick up an old favorite.
  • number1hitjam - June 24, 2010 4:56 p.m.

happened to me with Oddworld. I played that game a ton when I was 10 or 12. Just bought it recently and breezed through it. And that game is hard.
  • vinicusg.t.guedes - June 24, 2010 4:55 p.m.

Most recently, Demon's Souls. Everytime I play it I get a feeling that it isn't as hard as people say, and I'm on NG+10, getting 1-shotted by almost every single mob.
  • HeroOfLegend - June 24, 2010 4:54 p.m.

Metroid Fusion, on the GBA There's no game I know better
  • jpalz - June 24, 2010 4:43 p.m.

The first level in Tomb Raider 2. I could almost play it blind-folded :P
  • Xcelsior1 - June 24, 2010 4:43 p.m.

Mega Man 2. Downloaded the App version on my iPod Touch and while the controls threw me at first, I smoked that mofo on two lives. Couldn't believe it.
  • rockstarsean - June 24, 2010 4:42 p.m.

Every ps2 version of PES, I don't want to know how many hours of my life I've put into those games....
  • GameManiac - June 24, 2010 4:34 p.m.

The Gran Turismo series for me. I got the games (first to fourth) in order, with gaps of time put between them. When I got a new one, the same driving skills that I remember re-awaken. I can make apex turns without skipping a beat. I break at the right moment and with just enough force to maximize speed. And those skills work wonders for me on any other racing game.
  • krabsich - June 24, 2010 4:29 p.m.

wow, the 2 games i have hardwired are both already mentioned. the original mariokart i had down to a science when i was little, especially avoiding red shells in battle mode. i would count chrono trigger too, but rpg's take a different skill set.
  • ventanger - June 24, 2010 4:28 p.m.

Exact same thing happened to me getting Doom on XBLA, I knew where all the power ups were, where all the enemies were, and where all the secret wall-doors were. Hell if it was the PC version I could still use the IDDQD (god mode), IDKFA (all guns/ammo), and IDDSPISPOPD (no clip). That's all from memory...
  • Ozzythecat - June 24, 2010 4:23 p.m.

The first and second Crash Bandicoot, and .hack IMOQ and the GU series...
  • breener96 - June 24, 2010 4:17 p.m.

Yeah, something like this happened to me. So I used to play Mario Kart 64 ALOT. And I mean nearly everyday for a few years. So when I got Mario Kart DS and saw Moo Moo Farms in it I was really happy because that's one of my favourite courses! Now, I know it's an easy enough course, but I knew it like the back of my hand though it had been years since I'd played it. I knew where the mole-holes were near the end of the course and I kicked ass on it. I never really thought much of it, though, but it is kind of strange...