• Turboash - February 10, 2011 3:57 p.m.

Uncharted 2, Bioshock, God of War 3... just couldn't get in to any of them. The only reason I finished GOW was to complete the trilogy.
  • BigCNuggit - February 10, 2011 3:55 p.m.

God of War Especially since I'm working on them after playing Bayonetta. I'm just BORED with them because they're not difficult at all, and I just don't care about how ANGRY someone is lol.
  • nedubis - February 10, 2011 3:54 p.m.

Dead Rising 2 for me - It sounded like all kinds of crazy fun but I just found it a bit dull.
  • Pruman - February 10, 2011 3:53 p.m.

GTA IV. To me, Vice City was the pinnacle of the series. I skipped San Andreas thinking, "I play video games to escape reality, and I lived through the 90's, so how could this be fun?" I bought GTA IV after all of the 10/10 reviews started rolling out, but that mindset just wouldn't die. The open-world stuff was great, but the game ground to a halt everytime you had to go on a "date" with one of the supporting characters, or do a mission. Also, I can walk around NYC in real life if I feel like it, so what's the point of doing it in a game? I like to play games that feature things you can't do in real life, with Vanquish being the prime example I use in that context. I think another big part of that was that IV seemed to lose some of the series' playful edge in favor of more grittiness and realism. The bottom line was, I just wasn't having fun with the game. So I traded it in.
  • RicePuddingUK - February 10, 2011 3:52 p.m.

I had trouble getting into MW2's multiplayer, I just didn't like it and all my friends (And the world pretty much) was on it and I just hated it. Halo has an effect on me, I hate Bungie's "Firefight" structure in their level designs, "OH LOOK A PHANTOM" BANG BANG, enemies dead "OH NO, ANOTHER PHANTOM" and it repeats till like 20 dropships have come then you move on and BAM Another firefight, I just gave up, got bored.
  • sweetchiliheat - February 10, 2011 3:50 p.m.

Red Dead, GTA IV, Battlefield BC2, Bioshock, Fallout 3/New Vegas. I will acknowledge they're great games, and worth of the awards they won, but I feel no reason to be genuinely interested by them
  • Axemaniac88 - February 10, 2011 3:49 p.m.

A few games come to mind on this topic - both Bioshocks, although great atmospherically and in terms of story, I just found them to be plain boring to play and the game mechanics sucked. Fallout New Vegas is another I can't get into - I absolutely loved F3 but just can't get into this one.
  • MdubG - February 10, 2011 3:49 p.m.

i can totally understand what your saying but for me its different when i played Dead Space yeah it was awesome and scary but it didnt freak me out like the original resident evil did when i was younger, im only 21, watched my cousin play it and got paranoid about whats around every corner and i didnt exactly feel that with the first one but for some weird reason i get that sense with Dead Space 2 even though its my 3rd time playing through i still get a sense of whats gonna happen next like the section on DS2 you go through the cryo chamber and isaac has an episode and everything turns red with necromorphs coming outta all those tubes and screaming at you...that gets me everytime no matter how many times i play it, it freaks me out, and ill add this end too toward the end of the game there is an necromorph they added end that just didnt feel like it belonged at all it just stuck out like a sore thumb, and it wasnt because of its actions just the way it looked the color, the body itself, just didnt fit in with the game
  • dcbernman - February 10, 2011 3:49 p.m.

Starcraft II. It's the most polished game I have ever played, but for some reason, it didn't grip me near as much as the original and Warcraft III did. I think with all the gadgets and graphics they threw in, and with all the time spent on WoW, Blizzard has gotten a little rusty with their story telling. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited for Diablo III and the Starcraft II expansions ^^
  • Kibosh - February 10, 2011 3:48 p.m.

I've determined I only really enjoy games that only get so so reviews. I still buy the AAA titles, but I really only finish ones that get 3.5 stars, or a score from 6-7 out of ten.
  • hllywd212 - February 10, 2011 3:46 p.m.

I felt this way about Dead Space 1. All the corridors felt the same, and the botanical section was supposed to be a relief from the drab feeling of the rest of the ship, but turned out to be pretty drab in its own right. I finished it with a distinctly mediocre feeling, knowing full well it was a very well crafted title. Dead Rising 2 was a pile of steaming sh*t, and Borderlands was fun but ultimately felt one dimensional.
  • Kelshaw1996 - February 10, 2011 3:45 p.m.

Gears of war. I dont like the way it feels to move the characters, and it takes way too many bullets to kill the enemIes (with the lancer atleast)
  • Rascanuvols - February 10, 2011 3:43 p.m.

Happened to me with the first Dead Space. I think is excellent in every aspect, but... I have no idea... Also happened to me with Bioshock, but I'm not mucho into FPSs so...
  • Transmuter - February 10, 2011 3:37 p.m.

It's funny that I read this article now. A few months ago I wouldn't have played any games that matched this description - either I like a game, or it's just not my thing. However, I felt left cold by the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion. I love WoW, and all the previous expansions really drew me into the game. There are so many things that are great about Cataclysm that I'm mystified as to why I just can't get into it: the storyline is interesting, the quests are better than ever, the game mechanics have been updated and streamlined in a good way, and the environments are as varied as any expansion. I feel like I _should_ love it, and I got my main through all the zones and to the level cap, but I really have no interest in continuing playing it. It's left me cold, and puzzled why.
  • n00b - February 10, 2011 3:36 p.m.

also no more heroes 2 i played no more heroes 1 and enjoyed it to death. was my favorite game i played all that year then i played 2, was very excited im about 10 hours in and i really havent enjoyed it as much as 1 its weird. there's no tedious traveling, the job minigames are cool the theres more boss, and characters, the graphics are better. travis's hair sways to and for and naomi's boobs bounce up and down. i dono why im not enjoying it as much
  • suicidali - February 10, 2011 3:35 p.m.

I got bored with Epic Mickey really quickly... The pacing in most platform games nowadays aren't to my taste, actually... Oh, and Other M as well, though I didn't have the same gripes everyone else had...
  • melch - February 10, 2011 3:33 p.m.

fallout 3.......try as i might just could not get into it at all, i tried again recently with Fallout NV....exactly the same thing
  • Myrmida - February 10, 2011 3:33 p.m.

Mass Effect 2, Bioshock, Dragon Age: Origins, Batman Arkham Asylum, Little Big Planet... All these games have gameplay issues imho; Not a single one of them feels as smooth as their "proper counterparts", e.g. ME2 3rd person shooter gameplay isn't nearly as good as it could (or should) be, LBP jump and run gameplay simply pales in comparison with Super Mario World (a game thats 20 years old!), and if I don't like the core gameplay, nothing in the game can convince me to like the whole package. In contrast, I really liked Darksiders; it's more or less shamelessly stolen from other games, but the gameplay is flawless (the new Castlevania, too).
  • n00b - February 10, 2011 3:31 p.m.

the same thing happened to me with just cause 2 and resident evil 5 i was actually very excited to play just cause 2. grappling hook and parachute, eat that gta4 (at that time i just completed gta4 and hated it) i played it for like an 2 hours and haven't played it again since. resident evil 5 well, it just did some things that got on my nerves. like zombies with guns
  • huntreilly25 - February 10, 2011 3:27 p.m.

I'm having a hard time getting into Bioshock(like others). Not quite sure what it is but I just can't get into it. I can recognize that it's a great game but for some reason it's not getting to me. I feel i'd be the same with Deadspace1 & 2 as well, great games...just not my cup of tea, I guess.