• SLI-FX - July 10, 2012 3:29 a.m.

GRID was a good game I still play it now & again just to have a break from playing F1 2011, "simbin's" race series, racedirt 3 etc.... I hope GRID 2 will let you adjust car settings as that really made the first GRID poor in content for us real racers out there, the handling must be sorted out to impress me this time around as the cars handling was nothing short of driving a boat. Graphics need to be improved vastly especially for us PC gamers, and a bit less arcade will make this game perfect
  • e1337prodigy - July 8, 2012 6:14 a.m.

Yes!!, finally. Gimme gimme. No decent fun arcade racers out there. Destructable cars and close racing = win.
  • markjbb - July 7, 2012 10:59 p.m.

it all really started with toca race driver then codemasters ducked up that series with 2 and 3 as for dirt.........
  • majamaki - July 7, 2012 10:21 a.m.

Great article, I'm sure Grid 2 is set to release in the next generation. I remember the game was highly regarded, but I never got around to playing it. Thanks for writing this article, I just ordered up a used copy of the game from Amazon.
  • ThundaGawd - July 6, 2012 4:04 p.m.

I'll definitely be checking this out, I absolutely adored the first GRID, despite it being a bit under appreciated :D
  • jedisamurai - July 6, 2012 12:43 p.m.

Wow. This article is a perfect example of why I read this website and no longer care about reviews from any other gaming sites. You guys just GET IT. Especially when it comes to SEGA games and racing games (and that goes double for SEGA racing games). I remember when the demo for this game first came out. It completely blew my mind. It made me do something I had never done (and have never done since). I PRE-ORDERED the game. I agree. GRID was the MOST IMPORTANT racing game of this generation. Use-anywhere rewinding, perfect in-car views, super-detailed damage, day-to-night cycling, and a huge variety of possible cars and events with completely different handling styles, a team member who would work with you, rivals, amazing replays....this is the game that influenced EVERY other racing game of this generation. Forza ripped off the rewind ability and in-car views. Need for Speed Shift copied the feel of the game's gameplay and physics wholesale. When Dirt 2 was announced I expect GRID 2 to come out at the same time. When it didn't I was mortified. I gradually gave up hope that a sequel would EVER be made. But I hope I was wrong. I hope that the sequel IS coming and that all this time Code Masters has been learning from their mistakes and perfecting GRID 2...so that it will the undisputed GREATEST racing game of this generation.
  • ThatGamerDude - July 6, 2012 10:31 a.m.

I remember playing the demo for GRID and totally crapping my pants over how amazing it was and now I feel sad about never actually buying the game. I think I should change that now.
  • BossTom - July 6, 2012 10:16 a.m.

The only problem with Grid was/is the broken achievement. I still can't drive all the cars as they had to remove the ferraris at the last minute. They fixed the achievement in one update only to break it again in the next :(
  • rxb - July 6, 2012 9:26 a.m.

Enjoyed GRID a lot. learning the different types of cars kept it fresh. I think the handling model was a bit dodgy sometimes. Drifting was so much fun, took ages to learn though. Plus anything that looks like Ridge Racer Type 4 is a win in my book.
  • madman725 - July 6, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Have you played iRacing Justin? Being a racing junkie like myself, I found it to be the absolute BEST racing experience ever. If you're looking for realism, I highly suggest giving it a try.
  • bass88 - July 6, 2012 6:09 a.m.

Please, Codemasters, do not short-change the PS3 version. Make an effort to make it technically identical to the Xbox360 version. I'm not sure why Codemasters do not provide PS3 ports that are identical to Xbox360. Sony helped them make the Ego Enging so the have no excuse for it.
  • MasterBhater - July 6, 2012 5:51 a.m.

Why GRID was/is awesome: The Physics The Tracks The Graphics The Damage Model The Destruction Derby Mode was better than all of Dirt Showdown It had an awesome drivers-eye-view way before NFS Shift did it GRID is among my favorite racing games of all time
  • BlueScorpion91 - July 6, 2012 5:36 a.m.

I'm sorry but GRID is not the best racer this gen, and certainly not ever(in my opinion, anyway. But all views are subjective). Here's a list of racers that I think was better. Gran Turismo 5 DiRT 2 Test Drive Unlimited 2 Split/Second MotorStorm Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Midnight Club: Los Angeles Wipeout: 2048 And I want to say Driver SF but that's not strictly a racing game.
  • GR_JustinTowell - July 6, 2012 6:10 a.m.

I didn't say it's the best racer this gen. I said it was the most important. Though a strong argument for it would be easy to make :)
  • BlueScorpion91 - July 6, 2012 7:48 a.m.

Yepp I sempt to have (foolishly)misunderstood the article, lol. Sorry, fella. :p
  • Optimitron - July 6, 2012 6:26 a.m.

Motorstorm? Midnight Club? Wipeout? All better than DiRT? I'm sorry. I'm more than willing to tolerate other peoples opinions but REALLY? Have you even played the game? Why do you hate it so?
  • BlueScorpion91 - July 6, 2012 7:44 a.m.

I don't hate it, I just don't like it. Didn't like NfS Shift, and GRID was very similar. But as I said, all opinions are subjective. A lot of people love GRID, but it just wasn't for me. Just like I don't like Half-Life, Final Fantasy, Sonic or Bayonetta, they just aren't my cup of tea.
  • Optimitron - July 6, 2012 6:27 a.m.

Better than GRID I meant, darn.
  • GR_JustinTowell - July 6, 2012 6:50 a.m.

I keep doing that too. There's probably one in the article somewhere :)
  • rickybadu - July 6, 2012 11:05 a.m.

Such a flawed list of racing games! sorry mate, but u certainly don't know what a great racing game is. Every single racer mentioned were all flawed on (u only need to dig up the less than stella r reveiws they were getting)