• RicePuddingUK - May 17, 2011 10:10 p.m.

Where's Dark Side Bastila/Revan from KOTOR? The fact it is YOU carrying out the betrayal after a good 20-30 hours with your team-mates is heartbreaking.
  • shadowreaper72 - May 17, 2011 10:06 p.m.

Really, no Bioshock? When Atlas betrayed me and it turned out it was Fontaine I was so freaking shocked, too shocked for words. I just sat there and was like no freaking way!!!
  • garnsr - May 17, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Does knowing part of a story for something really make it impossible for someone to enjoy it? People are so uptight about "spoilers" these days.
  • SvAcAde - May 17, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Erm, i kept Wrex alive.
  • NG14916 - May 17, 2011 9:57 p.m.

You can't really call FFIV's betrayal heartbreaking since there isn't nearly enough character development for you to care. And a truly heartbreaking betrayal is one made of free will by a friend who really would rather not betray you and feels horrible about it but feels that it is the lesser of two evils. It's even worse when you know that, too, and can only feel sorrow rather than feeling angry.
  • dphoenix192 - May 17, 2011 9:55 p.m.

No wait, Sinclair fits this article pretty well
  • monkeyrevenge - May 17, 2011 9:50 p.m.

WHAT?!?! No Jowy from Suikoden 2? Thats the one that got me more than any other.
  • dphoenix192 - May 17, 2011 9:48 p.m.

I'm surprised that there is no bioshock, but I guess you guy were going with betraying you for a good reason or out of their control.
  • TheHungryLemur - May 17, 2011 9:44 p.m.

Great article GR!...But I think you've spoiled Portal 2 for a few people... As for me, I completed it about 3 days after it was released! ^_^
  • Hellhog - May 17, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I wish I didn't read, I agree with the Mass Effect and GTA since I've played those (especially Big Smoke, what an ass!), wish I never read the Portal 2 one, haven't played it yet and was on the fence. Since I've already seen the Portal 2 co-op and have had more than just this for Portal 2 spoiled, might rent and thats it.
  • FVDub - May 17, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I hate the options that Shepard can say after Ashley kills Wrex, they mostly boil down to "don't do that again" or "I could have handled it." Unless Shepard deliberately tells Ashley to kill him, he/she doesn't really doesn't seem mad at all that a party member was killed by a racist suddenly. And I forgot how big of a jerk Kain really is.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - May 17, 2011 9:27 p.m.

The music for Wheatley's betrayal actually gave me goosebumps.
  • Ninjasauce404 - May 17, 2011 9:09 p.m.

poor wrex....
  • Vitreosity - May 17, 2011 9:08 p.m.

Even though the game was spoiled for me, I still was incredibly surprised by Wheatley's betrayal. He's too awkward to actually begin hating Chell :(