• Kingsman - May 17, 2011 11:50 p.m.

Maybe I'm just a heartless bastard but when Wrex got shot, I sort of shrugged my shoulders and said 'Oh well, he was going to shoot me. That's what happens to folks who try to shoot me. Let that be a lesson to the rest of you.' I was actually more sad when Ashley died.
  • QWERTYCommander - May 17, 2011 11:55 p.m.

@FauxFurry I played it, and that isn't a cutscene in the actual game. The user edited it to look that way somehow. The only cutscene is at the end of the game.
  • Yeager1122 - May 18, 2011 12:07 a.m.

Good thing i saved wrex would have missed my krogan buffy
  • TheBearJewski - May 18, 2011 12:45 a.m.

fuuuuuuuucck you gamesradar a little to early to put portal 2 in this article. i had made it a point not to know any thing on portal because i hadn't played it yet and that one simple headline basically ruined the whole story.The least you could do is make mention of it in the beginning of this article. And yes i did see the "spoilers ahead" warning, but if you decide to put a brand new game that just came out on an article about shocking plot twists you got to let your readers know about it before you go ahead and spoil the game for them.
  • xlyesterdaylx - May 18, 2011 12:50 a.m.

I wish I knew there was a portal 2 spoiler here. Shit..
  • YuGiOhisbetterthanMagic - May 18, 2011 1:30 a.m.

I never got Zevran to betray me. if you can get Zevran to betray you, you suck at life and should be kicked into fire. Also, I think the part were Phoenix Gets betrayed by Dehlia in AAIII was pretty insane.
  • AXELSTORM44 - May 18, 2011 1:55 a.m.

my first time through portal 2, i almost jumped out of my seat at that part. it was one of the biggest twists ive ever seen in a video game. its all happy, and yay!, and ur finally free! then everything, lights, voices, and music all turn down and he smashes you into the pit. uh wheatley... why? :(
  • Fedexcommando - May 18, 2011 2:13 a.m.

GODDAMNIT! I knew I shouldn't have read it...I knew there would be a portal 2 spoiler in there...but I put it off saying they wouldn't do a spoiler to a more recent game...DAMNIT! I have managed to avoid all knowledge of Portal 2 besides the basics off until this point...
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 18, 2011 2:15 a.m.

I have played approximately... one of these games: San Andreas. I didn't really focus on the story, so I figured he was (like you said) a pawn in a greater battle but in more sad way, as if he was taken advantage of, which still makes sense. I had the feeling like he was tired of his previous life, and though his actions to leave his prior life were indeed regrettable, it was easy to sympathize with him - CJ got out of the 'hood twice - first at the beginning of the game, to Liberty City, and then at the end, and got rich, got friends and got mad props. Smoke, being a tangential character, never had the chance to be controlled by an intangible force to kill droves of baddies, fly planes and jetpacks, and have infinite lives. He did the best he could - it's just a shame it cost him everything. And I hadn't even noticed the bowler hat, and I know why: because it fits him so damn well. Stay classy, dead Smoke.
  • MarthaStewington - May 18, 2011 2:20 a.m.

Iris redeemed herself in the end. But it still made me really sad when I found out she was a Sinistral. :( And Kain was a total dick.
  • quincytheodore - May 18, 2011 5:13 a.m.

Oh god, I can't believe there's no Jowy from Suikoden 2.. I was so sure he would be here :(
  • Birday - May 18, 2011 5:41 a.m.

No Lance Vance from Vice City? That shit STILL gets me.
  • zanthox - May 18, 2011 5:57 a.m.

Aw, no Yoshimo for Baldur's Gate 2? That was probably the saddest one for me. Great article, even if it is clearly completely wrong for leaving out the one that mattered most to me. ;-)
  • JohnDagger - May 18, 2011 6:44 a.m.

I loved Wheatley's transition to evil. I have never seen someone get corrupted by power so fast in my entire life.
  • lozarian - May 18, 2011 10:56 a.m.

One of the worst betrayals I can think of is grumpos matavastros from Anachronox. He's just a grumbly old granddad, and always was one of my favourite characters in one of my favourite games, and his betrayal genuinely surprised me.
  • EvilNinjaSquibidyflop - May 18, 2011 11:02 a.m.

PORTAL 2 SPOILERS!!!! Please put a damn warning in next time?
  • philipshaw - May 18, 2011 11:48 a.m.

Great feature and I'm still pissed at Big Smoke for his betrayal only because he was my fav character in the game before that happened
  • minimaxi - May 18, 2011 12:55 p.m.

you should've added another spoiler warning before Portal 2 :( oh well need to play it soon, but asian psn is still down *sad face*
  • rob619 - May 18, 2011 2:06 p.m.

Missed a certain one. Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater. Eva betrays Snake at the end, uses him to steal the philosphers legacy, as she was an agent for China. I doubt anybody saw that one coming!!
  • jackthemenace - May 18, 2011 3:22 p.m.

Luckily, I was never betrayed by either Urdnot Wrex, or Zevran. But man, Bioware do seem to REALLY like betrayals. Oh? And GLaDOS bit? No matter how many times I watch that video, it STILL sounds like someone trying to smother T-Pain.