• JayBeat - December 10, 2010 3 p.m.

Brett wins everything.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - December 10, 2010 3 p.m.

@Pry0citer I know, I know, after my 10 review (compared to the 9 I gave Meat Boy)and my talk of how I feel Galaxy 2 is better than Red Dead, I can see why you're surprised it wasn't my choice for GOTY. But I had at least as much fun playing Meat Boy, plus hasn't Mario been getting enough recognition lately with all this 25th Anniversary talk? Wouldn't you rather see a newcomer get the honor? That was my thinking at least. If we were allowed runner-ups, Galaxy 2 was mine.
  • Pry0citer - December 10, 2010 2:45 p.m.

These games are all awesome, but where is Super Mario Galaxy 2???
  • HankVenture - December 10, 2010 2:43 p.m.

BRETT FOR FUCK'S SAKE! but on a serious note, this was great read that showed real joy for the games and for me I dk what I would pick, between Bioshock 2, RDR, Mass Effect 2, even Halo Reach which I loved but just grown tired of. I think Enslaved would of been my pick mainly due to the fact that it was a new game with characters I didn't know with a story that had no meaning to me and it fucking made me love everything about it and it's characters after the first mission. the clorreg
  • monsterhunter3rox - December 10, 2010 2:34 p.m.

Monster hunter tri is my favorite game of 2010.Seriously,This game kept me hooked for half a year(a pretty hard thing for me).i can´t wait to fight jhen moran. Also,Red Dead Redemption is a lot loved,huh?
  • Channel4 - December 10, 2010 2:26 p.m.

It doesn't count because it's a remake, but Persona 3: Portable is the best game i've played this year. That, GOWIII or RDR. Also from what i've played of Mass Effect 1, I hate it. Is 2 really that much better? I'll buy Singularity while I wait for an answer...
  • Fiin - December 10, 2010 2:25 p.m.

I kinda forgot ME2 was this year.. RDR was solid but I think its just too hard to take down ME2 this year.. overall though was a great year for releases looking back... you can make a case for just about any of them really.
  • StrayGator - December 10, 2010 2:25 p.m.

So, ME2 vs RDR. Who is going to win the much coveted Platinum Chalice? Place your bets, gentlemen.
  • JNewman - December 10, 2010 2:23 p.m.

I'm with Hank 100% on SMB beating out galaxy 2. Both games are grinds if you're a completionist, but only SMB makes you feel like a damned professional by the end. I'm not surprised to see no Metroid: Other M on this list - honestly the game wasn't so great - but it was certainly a game I thought about long after I finished it.
  • Waldo - December 10, 2010 2:22 p.m.

Thanks to Lizzie for building up the always awesome Halo, while at the same time tearing down that painful experience which is COD. I'm glad that there's mention of Starcraft and Civ V. Strategy games never seem to get as much attention as some of the glitz and glamour, 1 time play-through games. These two will be played long after Red Dead has found its way to the bargain bin.
  • Kieran712 - December 10, 2010 2:21 p.m.

I'm with you Mat! You get 27 internets for picking such an awesome game for GOTY
  • Matt Cundy - December 10, 2010 2:19 p.m.

@StrayGator My fault. Fixed. But ashamed.
  • Clovin64 - December 10, 2010 2:11 p.m.

I loved hearing about what you all thought of Red Dead, I especially agree with Charlie's views completely...I've never really enjoyed GTA since Vice City, but RDR snuggled into my heart in with its gentle loving soul. Being able to tie people to the back of your horse and drag them through the dirt didnt do the game any harm either. I'm still trying to decide what my personal game of the year is, and RDR is sitting alongside Bioshock 2, FFXIII and Fallout New Vegas in my final shortlist.
  • FalconReaper - December 10, 2010 2:09 p.m.

Mike Grimm basically described why I consider Super Street Fighter 4 one of the best games of this year, Its the game that I felt the most compelled to play and master. Of course Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta are no slouches either. One being a nice,cold,hard Sci Fi story with awesome characters and a lot of tweaks to the original, and the other being one of the best action games I've ever played (Devil May Cry 3 is still king for me) combined with the fact that its a celebration of Japanese Insanity n videogames that I love oh so much. Still its been a bang up great year for games
  • Ilyere - December 10, 2010 2:01 p.m.

Haha, nice review Brett. And I approve of Carolyn's shout-out to Garrus ^^
  • JohnnyApplesperm - December 10, 2010 2:01 p.m.

Oh Baby Elston, you make me laugh so.
  • StrayGator - December 10, 2010 1:53 p.m.

That's "GamesRadar EDITORS' games..." thankyouverymuch.
  • Korvak - December 10, 2010 1:49 p.m.

"but at least I’m better at Halo than I am at COD. Seriously. Screw that game." Lizzie Cuevas, I Love You.
  • Unoriginal - December 10, 2010 1:49 p.m.

Bunch of good games this year. Mine is probably Galaxy 2 (Hank you traitor) or Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Played Red Dead after all the hype and though it was excelent it didn't bake me cookies and bring back my pet dog from the dead like everyone was acting like it would so I was a litte dissapointed.
  • JMAN1156 - December 10, 2010 1:46 p.m.

@Tyler Wide lol you use desktop icons... I keep my clean so it doesn't look like someone puked on my desktop background. Maybe you can go all "The Website is Down" (if you don't know it, Google it) with your icons. :-P