• Defguru7777 - December 10, 2010 8:31 p.m.

Halo: Reach is definitely my GOTY. The campaign was fun (not as epic as Halo 3's), the multiplayer and Firefight was awesome, and the Daily Challenges and the Armory keep me coming back for more.
  • batmanboy11 - December 10, 2010 8:29 p.m.

I agree with Brett, Carolyn and Joe: Mass Effect 2 is my game of the year.
  • Yeager1122 - December 10, 2010 8:25 p.m.

RDR was great but Mass Effect 2 was defienteley my favorite game of the year hands down.
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - December 10, 2010 8:23 p.m.

This is a really difficult year to choose just one game. There were so many great games, it's hard to just pick one. I've logged so many hours into SSFIV, Starcraft 2, Mass Effect 2, RDR, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII, SMB Galaxy 2, Super Meat Boy, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, NFS: Hot Pursuit...sigh. Too many great games. I haven't even scratched the surface of the games I haven't played.
  • KaiokenKid - December 10, 2010 8:20 p.m.

Mine woudl probaly go to Mass Effect 2. And even though I plan on owning it on 360 this christmas now that its cheap on 360, I fully plan on renting it on PS3 as well jsut so I have a excuse to play it as much as I can.
  • Shaanyboi - December 10, 2010 8:11 p.m.

Mass Effect 2, Mario Galaxy 2, Bayonetta, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.... it's been a good year.
  • CoktorBloktopus - December 10, 2010 8:06 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 all the way with all of my heart. After I saw that they were able to streamline the inventory and the level up system so that is was a little less immersive and time consuming out the backside I was sold. The soundtrack and environments always gave off the feel of reality. The story is in my mind second to none and I dont think it will be topped until Mass Effect 3. I wait everyday for news on Mass Effect 3 and I cant wait to see the improvements that they make for the third installment.
  • bron1417 - December 10, 2010 7:21 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 was my favorite game of the year. i love everything about the Mass Effect universe. so much so that i have played through it about 3 times. now i've been having the itch to go through it again a 4th time. i might just do that eventually.
  • Engage183 - December 10, 2010 7:11 p.m.

I'm thinkin that it will be a big toss up between RDR and Mass Effect 2 for GOTY for many websites. They both set big quotas for games to meet early on, and still there is not much that has been able to top either of them. My pick is still Mass Effect 2, being integrated into a universe that felt real is a pretty good acomplishment in my book
  • OneToBoner - December 10, 2010 6:37 p.m.

HENRY! HOW COULD YOU!? Super Meat Boy is pretty awesome, but you didn't seem to like it as much as 3D Dot Game Heroes. Shit, you went nuts when that game came out.
  • SillyPigeon - December 10, 2010 6:34 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 all the way. I liked Bretts picture
  • GwaR - December 10, 2010 6:22 p.m.

LOL @ Brett Elston's. You sir, have made my day.
  • JADENkOTOR - December 10, 2010 6:10 p.m.

Carolyn and Joe explained perfectly why Mass Effect 2 is not only the best game of this year, but the best game of this generation. No other game even comes close to achieving such a well realized universe (characters, setting, plot, ect...). And the final nail in the coffin is the buttery smooth gameplay that actually plays better than other pure third person shooters... Yeah Im looking at you Gears.
  • FoxdenRacing - December 10, 2010 6:01 p.m.

Justin's pick genuinely surprised me...I was expecting to see Hot Pursuit there; I'm glad he didn't, so that Bayonetta could get a mention. That said, I agree with just about every game on the list. Some I've only seen videos of or played the demos, but the only real 'Whaaaaaaat?' moment was seeing Dance Central...but then again I'm neither a DDR snob nor a Kinect owner; it may very well be worth the accolade.
  • oneshotfinch - December 10, 2010 5:59 p.m.

@Felixthecat Yes, I am an idiot. You found my secret. Well done.
  • Felixthecat - December 10, 2010 5:57 p.m.

@oneshotfinch- A level pack? Are you a idiot? SMG2 improves on the original in many, many ways, most of them are simply too subtle to notice.
  • 510BrotherPanda - December 10, 2010 5:56 p.m.

Boy, there's a lot of hands-up for RDR and ME2... I agree w/ Chris' choice a MILLION PERCENT. And that Brett drawing's going in my "Save Forever" picture folder.
  • gilgamesh310 - December 10, 2010 5:52 p.m.

Im glad David Houghton saw fit to put Singularity as his favourite. I thought it was a very good game. It didn't have many original ideas but so what, neither did Dead Space,it was just great fun to play.It combined the storytelling elements of Half Life 2 and Bioshock and had better shooting than Bioshock. I think it has one of the best game endings Ive seen in a long time as well. Mass Effect 2 is my favourite game of the year though and one of my very favourites of all time.
  • n00b - December 10, 2010 5:35 p.m.

@tomservo i agree with an honorable mentions list. I played Alan Wake and Vanquish and then there are others like No More Heroes 2 that deserve recognition.
  • CancerMan - December 10, 2010 5:35 p.m.

Damn I've missed half of these games. Currently I'm working finishing last year's games. My game of year would probably go to the addicting Super Meat Boy, I only stop playing it when the cramps in my hands become unbearable.