• morbiusdog - December 11, 2010 8:59 p.m.

2010 has been an even better yaer for gamers that 2009 was and i have played lots of brilliant games this year but Dante's Inferno and Fallout:New Vegas are my choices.
  • lrem - December 11, 2010 8:14 p.m.

Yay, Mass Effect 2! Talking! Aliens! Shooting! Talking!
  • Fuzunga - December 11, 2010 8:03 p.m.

Henry, I feel exactly the same. Mario Galaxy 2 was the one, but then I played Meat Boy.
  • NelosAngelos - December 11, 2010 7:51 p.m.

Wait, what was B. Buttercup's top game of 2010?
  • PolarBearsInHeat - December 11, 2010 7:45 p.m.

Lizzie, I agree with absolutely everything you said.
  • FinderKeeper - December 11, 2010 6:40 p.m.

Played the hell out of Just Cause 2 for a good portion of the year (put about 200 hours of "BOOM, BABY!" fun into it), so I'm glad it got mentioned. Will get around to ME2 and RDR, but I'm actually more interested in getting Bayonetta (for the weirdness) and Singularity (for its Darksiders-like skill in taking elements from a variety of games and combining them into a casserole of awesome).
  • PlainLikeVanilla - December 11, 2010 6:24 p.m.

Lol Brett. I agree with ME2 though, can't wait for 3.
  • MattMk2 - December 11, 2010 6:13 p.m.

OMG Singularity YES!! As much as I love ME2 it doesnt have the one thing that makes Singularity amazing, Nolan North!!!
  • Ded - December 11, 2010 1:06 p.m.

With Justin on this :D Bayonetta all the way!
  • philipshaw - December 11, 2010 11:49 a.m.

RDR is my GOTY and what everyone said about it is basically what I have got to say about it. Also loved Brett's Mass Effect 2 description, did you draw the art too?
  • BishopofHippo93 - December 11, 2010 7:36 a.m.

Going back and playing through Mass Effect 2 again has made me realize that no other game I have played this year can even hold a candle to Bioware's epic masterpiece. I played a lot of these games and enjoyed them too, but not quite to the extent of Mass Effect 2. I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite game of 2010.
  • minimaxi - December 11, 2010 4:54 a.m.

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light are good candidates IMO, but I can imagine it'd be hard to take down the juggernaut that is ME2 and RDR although I've never played them, because I believed they ARE that good. My personal game of the year is a tie between Starcraft 2 and Lara Croft :)
  • Z-man427 - December 11, 2010 3:05 a.m.

3 months ago, I would have preemptively said that it would have been Brotherhood, but then I played it and was severely let down. Really, it's a toss up between Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption, in favor of RDR. Alan Wake had a more original story (to me) and the game play was a little bit more accessible, though not as varied. That said, it didn't need to be. Despite a few nitpicky things, it was a great game. But the more I think about it, I have to go with RDR. The game world was fully realized and detailed and engaging and there was no weird twist at the end of the story (there was a twist, which I saw coming and hoped I was wrong), one of the most likable characters I have ever played as... i could go on, but it's all in the article.
  • ninjastrike34 - December 11, 2010 2:15 a.m.

No GOW III, me sad.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - December 11, 2010 2:07 a.m.

Henry Gilbert is my new best friend. Not only did he pick the correct answer for Game of the Year, his runner-up was the next best thing. Super Meat Boy + Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • GamesRadarButtercup - December 11, 2010 1:58 a.m.

Doesn't anyone care about what I think? Damn, human co-workers...
  • Baron164 - December 11, 2010 1:57 a.m.

I foresee game of the year coming down to Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2. I haven't play Red Dead Redemption yet so I can't attest. At least not until I pick it up.
  • SumthingStupid - December 10, 2010 11:55 p.m.

mine top 3 are Mass Effect 2 Rock Band 3 Civilization 5
  • lovinmyps3 - December 10, 2010 11:48 p.m.

Hmmm... what will the Platinum Chalice award be? Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption? My favorites are a close tie between Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, and Final Fantasy XIII (yeah, really). Probably Mass Effect 2 though.
  • RebornKusabi - December 10, 2010 11:33 p.m.

Seriously, I'm with Brett and Carolyn here because Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games of this year in my opinion, period.