Topics

WTF

We Recommend

• Conservative_Gamer - May 23, 2011 9:15 p.m.

@ TheHowtzer While I am on Fox's side on this case, I don't always give them a free pass just because they are Fox News. I think that the whole Mass Effect story was rediculus and I think that Fox should have made it more clear that the proposed funding was going towards the Indie games and not the big blockbusters. I am against the funding because it's unnesesary, it will hurt the industry, and we need to bring the deficit under control. On a personal note: The government screws up everything that they get into, that's why I don't want them in my healthcare or the videogame industry. A note to the editor: Feel free to write about anything that is video game related news, but don't mix your personal politics in your awesome gaming website. Fox news was fair & balanced in this story because they invited a videogame expert to debate this issue, if they were biased, they wouldn't have invited him and it would have been a one sided rant.
  • CoryM1134 - May 23, 2011 9:10 p.m.

Kingsman, That was a reasonable, well thought out post. Well played.
  • Nintygameplayerperson - May 23, 2011 9:04 p.m.

I saw this report on Kotaku. Fox News is pretty retarded.
  • Vitreosity - May 23, 2011 9:04 p.m.

I love Fox News. Not because it gives me good, unbiased news, but it instead gives me a nice, humorous broadcast to end my day with.
  • Kingsman - May 23, 2011 8:58 p.m.

@TheHowetzer, I'm a conservative too, but suggesting that 'Call of Duty' might get federal funding is really disingenuous isn't it? The grants to be issued out to indie game devs are really modest; and are no great cause for concern (when compared to other, more wasteful government hand-outs and foreign 'aid'). These grants are 'hand-ups', not 'hand-outs'. They are at least going towards something creative; something that might generate some jobs and revenue later (which can then be taxed later). While GR may release articles that are more rumor and speculation than fact, there is no such thing as 'investigative entertainment journalism'. And at the very least GR usually plasters a great bug 'RUMOR' on any headline where facts are scarce. We should all be free to point out WHENEVER someone is being disingenuous...and Fox is disingenuous A LOT.
  • D0CCON - May 23, 2011 8:53 p.m.

@suicidali That health care ain't free. Everybody gets to pay through the nose. Hey, that guy broke his hip while doing something really stupid on a skateboard. I guess I should pay for all of that for him.
  • TheHowetzer - May 23, 2011 8:38 p.m.

I just don't get why you guys claim to be gaming journalists and yet will slam Fox news all day long claiming they dont do their due dilligence when talking about this stuff, but then write articles ALL the damn time with absolutely NO info in them whatsoever, then you want US to write what we FEEL about it in the comments....so who is doing the journalism here? Jesus I just confused myself there...I had a point somewhere, but I gotta jet...basically Im with conservative gamer though on this one, which to anyone who has ever really read my posts will not be very surprised with I am sure. Take your Fox News hation somewhere else, call up Obama with it or something you nanny state lovers! We should federally fund everything yes? Lets give them ALL the power! Yeah , that will totally solve all of our problems!
  • Kilburn474 - May 23, 2011 8:36 p.m.

This is what I don't get about the whole "art" debate... If movies like Saw, Harold & Kumar and Talledega Nights, songs like "Low", and books like "Assholes Finish Firts" can be considered "art", why cant games? The whole "Well, gaming has some detractors like Manhunt and GTA" argument is moot when put up against the likes of Saw, 50 Cent, and American Psycho.
  • CoryM1134 - May 23, 2011 8:24 p.m.

Conservative_Gamer, Nobody said that Fox News is the only network that has attacked videogames. While other networks' reports on them are merely misinformed and frustrating, though, Fox usually succeeds in making theirs hilarious. This is far from a prime example, but that's why they pop up so often.
  • RealNumskull - May 23, 2011 8:16 p.m.

The Fox News Network - living proof that you can claim to be fair and balanced with the Republican party's hand up your ass and still keep a straight face.
  • SecretGingerWizard - May 23, 2011 7:56 p.m.

While watching this video, I was think "Oh, ok. I could see why this might be an issue to talk about, and I'm glad that it was instantly cleared up that CoD wasn't a game that would receive funding." But then the bald man started talking. What the hell.
  • Charlie_Fubar - May 23, 2011 7:56 p.m.

@ suicidali yeah thats called government subsidary... like all that rent money you get that i pay for.
  • paul212 - May 23, 2011 7:53 p.m.

Wait, this isn't a joke? Fox's idiocy never fails.
  • suicidali - May 23, 2011 7:51 p.m.

Maybe the money could go towards free healthcare? Oh wait, you guys don't want that either... Anyway, I'm sure there are videogame companies and developers that would thoroughly deserve funding, I mean there's a lot of unappreciated games that could've done with the funding purely for advertising, if possible.
  • Charlie_Fubar - May 23, 2011 7:51 p.m.

by the way... notice theres absolutely NO INFO in this article about what fox news said... now im not sticking up for fox news but if your gonna write an article defaming fox news you should atleast have some credible information.
  • Conservative_Gamer - May 23, 2011 7:51 p.m.

I don't need to read your liberal bias on your awesome gaming website. I don't want this country to be like Europe where their government subsudizes art. When you do that, you end up with movies created by Uwe Boll. He gets to keep making those movies because the government subsidizes them and he has no stake in them whatsoever. None of us wants that to happen in the videogame industry and the Indy developers don't need government money to create their awesome games anyways. Also, heres a clip of the Fox Business channel defending violent videogames. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNiFKACRNus Take your Fox News hate and Liberal bias elsewhere, every news media has attacked videogames and Fox news has not done it any worse than any other network.
  • Charlie_Fubar - May 23, 2011 7:48 p.m.

Aletheon - im with you
  • mastersword369 - May 23, 2011 7:44 p.m.

SKYPE INTO TALKRADAR U.S. YOU ARE AWESOME. seriously, you've written nothing but great articles for the site.
  • RedeyeAP - May 23, 2011 7:39 p.m.

Federal funding has already been spent on video games. America's Army, the NASA game whose title I can't recall, and probably others.
  • Aletheon - May 23, 2011 7:39 p.m.

I'll agree that Fox News is idiotic if you agree that Obama is a total banker shill that has done nothing but destroy this country, just like the Bush/Clinton tag team of the last 16 years. Don't think you're on the "right" side of things by being a lefty. Obama is no different. If you don't realize this yet, consider yourself ignorant as hell.