• Fr34kyUK - November 17, 2011 10:30 a.m.

That white phone box isn't in London it is just around the corner from me in Queens gardens Hull...might have to touch it tomorrow now its famous lol
  • delmariachi - November 11, 2011 5:35 p.m.

Being a Londoner, I find this hilarious, for starters its not THAT clean.... Having worked at the Tower Of London with those two blokes pictured in beefeater uniforms (Bloke on the right is the chief warder, John Keohane), the idea of London by foreign visitors is pretty much that of the screenshot.. Lychester square and the River Fems are great places to visit too. Mind you if they played the scene out near my home south of the river, they'd be commended for blowing it up, especially Peckham!... I'm just looking forward to the day a video game has a Brit who's black, asian or mixed race, seems to be white central, although my missus might beg to differ with developers. Sadly game companies always go to the stereotypical basics... I was expecting to see Buzz Killington there as well... I'm off for a cup of tea, a scone and a damn good thrashing at billiards. Tally Ho!!!
  • decadesun - November 10, 2011 10:48 p.m.

[New iOS Game] Modern War Live FREE for a limited time Triniti is proud to announce our newest social MMOG for iOS: Modern War Live! War is upon us. Recruit friends to lead your massive high-tech armies into battle and conquer the world! If you enjoyed hits such as War 2 Victory, Haypi kingdom, or any of Triniti’s titles, be sure to check out the Modern War Live itunes page and download FREE for a limited time! Itunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/modern-war-live/id425604533?mt=8
  • codzprc - November 10, 2011 8:44 p.m.

Not to be a jerk (okay, maybe a little), but I took a google maps ride down Great George Street, starting at Storey's Gate - heading East toward Big Ben, and I saw almost all of the things you say are stereotypical. I came across St. Stephen's tavern, but I thought I'd journey 1 block North to see what the Google cams caught at The Red Lion, whose awning boasts Wine & Spirits Beers & Ales. Zooming out and searching Pub, I found that there are over 10 establishments within stumbling distance from the famed clock. Union Jacks hanging from street lights, no less then 3 red phone booths, a handful of black cabs, and a few people on their bicycles (I was hoping to see more, the traffic looks terrible). No footballs though, I thought I might get lucky in Parliament Square, maybe some kids enjoying the unusually sunny day (it's always cloudy and foggy in London, right? Stereotypes are fun!) Anyway, my guess is that this is the street Activision based the scene off of, then just Brit-ed the ever loving hell of it. Every country worth stereotyping perpetuates them because of tourism, if that's what people expect to see when they visit Big Ben, they damn well better see it. What if Londoners (for some idiotic reason) decided to visit Texas and didn't see cowboy hats and cattle - or giant billboards about 72oz steak challenges - they do exist. Or if you visited Florida and didn't see old people, wait... do you know that stereotype? Maybe only U.S. citizens know that one... Florida is where old people go to die. Miami is old folks and smoking hot latinas... in bikinis... I miss Florida... What was I talking about? Oh, the article, right. Aw, someone beat me to the Google Maps bit - by 11hrs, dammit. Oh well, I've written too much to let it go. Good stuff, David. Pip-pip, cheerio.
  • Fruitbat - November 10, 2011 4:05 p.m.

Is this really an issue? It's a bit cluttered, but I can think of a few streets around my area that at least resemble this to some extent.
  • TheFabricOfTime - November 10, 2011 3:27 p.m.

STEPHEN FRY? WHERE?
  • talleyXIV - November 10, 2011 1:46 p.m.

If you are mad because they spoiled a scene in MW3, there is seriously something wrong with you. Anywho, funny article. I usually don't like these really jokey ones, but this was pretty good.
  • Anvil - November 10, 2011 1:06 p.m.

F*ck you guys for spoiling this in the headline. Seriously what's wrong with you?!
  • needles - November 10, 2011 2:39 p.m.

MW3's story is probably just as $hitty as MW2 if not $hittier. This is only a hypothesis though since I couldn't bring myself to complete MW2's horrible campaign.
  • 8bitBaby - November 10, 2011 10:27 a.m.

XDD bwahahahaha welcome to the club david! "sigh"... activision thinks the rest of the game playing world, (especially americans) have no idea what london or any part of the uk actually looks like. as if we don't travel, or have the internet where we can look at peoples videos, or just google map it street by street. i will say this... if it was america, those flags would be a reality. you can't go into any neighborhood without seeing at least two. and i live in atlanta, so one of them might actually be a confederate flag if you go far enough out side the city limits. seriously. 30 minutes out. confederate flags flying high. disturbing. they really crammed every stereotypical element they could think of in that one scene. i grew up in lakenheath and occasionally would leave the base apartments and go to london with my mom and big sister, so i'm a little upset over this as well. it's like these game devs just don't care anymore. oh yah, and that poor little girl. *snicker*
  • pr0tostar - November 10, 2011 8:18 a.m.

Here in the states, 7 and 8 would be Starbucks cafes. Literally.
  • yriou - November 10, 2011 8:08 a.m.

To the Author, please take 5 minutes on Googlemaps next time. Game designer often use real location pictures to make such level. IT IS how lonodon streets look in that area. Black cab, Union jack, pub, white van, tourist... blabla its all there: http://g.co/maps/hyuem
  • 8bitBaby - November 10, 2011 10:29 a.m.

XD that pic was taken on an exceptionally "britty" sort of day
  • juan-david-correa - November 10, 2011 7:38 a.m.

It couldn't be more silly and pathetyc on my taste, what a desperate move to attract attention, uk flags everywhere?? the only part of the world where the people hangs up their country flags the whole time it seems to be some little towns of us I guees (ironically the last part, dont know really, but it seems activision think it)
  • alphafour - November 10, 2011 6:31 a.m.

I always get angered and disgusted by non-real happenings inside the virtual worlds of video games!** **For the benefit of the Americans - I'm being sarcastic, I know you don't have that word in your country lol :P
  • samsneeze - November 10, 2011 7:11 p.m.

The word douche is apparently used a lot in your country since you appear to be the perfect definition of it.
  • SaintPinto - November 10, 2011 5:05 a.m.

That was the funniest thing I've ever seen... The article, of course. Not the bit with the little girl getting blown to bits. Although that was kind of funny, too.
  • DukeNukeThem - November 10, 2011 1:58 a.m.

That bike and that football would have been stolen by now tho.
  • thochaos - November 10, 2011 12:06 a.m.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the end of the video. Being a father of a little girl seems to have "re-sensitized" me to this kind of thing. Makes me feel a bit sick just thinking about it.