Topics

PAX

• Alx223 - August 28, 2011 9:02 p.m.

Firefall looks like its shaping up to be game of the year which would be very impressive for a free to play game. Originally I thought I wasn't going to be playing the PvE that much, but after some of the footage and articles from PAX I have completely changed my mind. I have a bad feeling I will be sinking way too much time into this game.
  • Bomby - August 29, 2011 12:37 a.m.

I know what you mean Alx... I have not even played this game yet and I have already put in almost as much time tracking down new info and news as I have playing any of me other games! And as far as JBWill's chance to actually play even if it was at PAX East I am still so jealous :p
  • JBWill - August 28, 2011 8:59 p.m.

I've been following this game for awhile, and I can honestly say I've never been more excited for a game in years. Tried it at PAX East and it was SO much fun. Can't wait to get my hands on it again. Oblique: They've told us they do their testing on 9800GTs, but are trying to optimize it for the lowest performance they can. They also recommend a dual core processor. No official requirements yet though.
  • ArbokDaKobra - August 28, 2011 4:30 p.m.

Well it looks like i finally found a F2P game for myself. I thought it was gonna be AoE Online but it wasn't very good. If it is as good as it looks i'll be more than willing to part with a sizable sum of cash for this.
  • ObliqueZombie - August 28, 2011 3:50 p.m.

I can't get over how much this looks like a faster-paced Borderlands. Nor can I stress just how AMAZING that is. I've been a huge FPS-RPG-Hybrid fan ever since BioShock, and now some of my favorite games include Deus Ex and Borderlands. This is shaping up to be a real gem in the MMO market, and I'll be happy to splurge on any of their micro-transaction items. However, I'm worried about the specs. I hope it's not too taxing on my poor ol' (but actually new-ish) laptop. I'd HATE to miss out on what Red 5 has been working on so hard.
  • JADENkOTOR - August 28, 2011 2:52 p.m.

Badass