We Recommend

• daniel-irfan-kasmuri - November 19, 2011 7:37 a.m.

Boone is beast but hes boring and makes the game easy Veronica and Lily is beast with close combat... just give them a Ballistic fist and Oh,baby respectively and they will start pwning all ppl. in hardcore just dont use lily and set veronica on ranged energy weapons.. shes better with energy weapons then guns.. arcade is a looser cass is beast with shotguns raul is best with a revolver ed is better then rex
  • tylerwilson - August 2, 2011 3:37 a.m.

yall need to know that if you do all the quests for the van graphs that (cass) rose casside will die
  • Jaborgia13 - May 1, 2011 3:51 p.m.

God Head7 - If you don't get Rex the brain, after a while he dies, and if you get him a new brain his attacks are more powerful.
  • Jaborgia13 - May 1, 2011 3:49 p.m.

Citizen Wolfie you need to work with Mr. House just for one mission and he will give you the Presidential Suite Key, and you can put companions in there to do that you have to say Lets Part Ways and then it will say something like make your way to the Lucky 38. The cool thing is, you can recruit every companion (Not at the same time) and tell them to go to your Suite, and then when you go back there, they'll all be waiting and you can pick whoever you want and you can take in turns, it also saves time by not having to go to there location and back all the time! Hope that helped!
  • luke26 - March 29, 2011 7:39 p.m.

i was killing all the people in the hidden bunker and when i was running around ED-E picked up a zap glove and after that he was these shots of lightening and i don't know how to change it back.
  • godhead7 - January 27, 2011 11:52 p.m.

Not sure if anyone else has done this but, if you get the quest to get Rex a new brain, but don't get hiim the brain, he will follow you around and you will have 2 companions. Makes short work of pretty much everything.
  • Taylor_griffin - December 11, 2010 7:52 a.m.

This is the best thing to do get boone on your team give him the anti-material rifle and power armor with that this guy is f@cking invincible since the anti rifle kills almost everything in one hit and boone is a helluva shot
  • corruptuser33 - November 24, 2010 11:54 a.m.

In hardcore Ed-e and Gannon as a healer or lily as a tanker is the way to go. You gotta do their quests though else theyll get mowed down. For Gannon you need power armor though else he's useless. I've tried all the other companions in hardcore and they all end up dying against mellee creatures like cazadors and deathclaws.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 6, 2010 10:16 a.m.

Does aybody know how to get the companions to just chill out at your house? I'm trying to get them all and I read on GR somewhere that you can dismiss them and they will return to your New Vegas Suite but so far no such luck.
  • Ronimator - November 1, 2010 4:21 p.m.

when i tried recruiting a second companion, the character said that i already have one, and that i cudnt recruit another, wtf ?
  • H2A2I00 - November 1, 2010 2:48 a.m.

Veronica is my personal favourite since she just obliterates everything in her path and she proved to be useful against deathclaws surprisingly
  • EAC73 - October 31, 2010 7:08 p.m.

I really like lily even though she does freak out but that is just what makes it fun to have her around especially when u go into inventory and give swap stuff with her she goes "grandma gots a present for you" its just priceless.
  • sniper430 - October 31, 2010 10:57 a.m.

although I did not have the science to repair the robot on black mountain, isn't that also a companion? It was a mister handy I think...
  • McSpudds - October 30, 2010 4:26 p.m.

Ed E's the best and he plays fight music when you battle with something
  • Gameguy94 - October 30, 2010 2:51 p.m.

So far I really like Veronica. She's got really powerful attacks at close range while I blast away at range. I tried Boone for awhile but he's useless for CQB.
  • philipshaw - October 30, 2010 11:30 a.m.

Great guide, I will check this out when I get back into Fallout: New Vegas next week
  • Darth_Griffin - October 30, 2010 4:29 a.m.

it's worth noting (and you guys forgot to mention this) but ED-Es Perk also allows you to target cloaked enemies in VATS. Amazingly useful when going up against the Nightkin.
  • FnKaiser - October 30, 2010 3:29 a.m.

Awesome, it might be also worth noting that ED-E and Boone are still essential (they can't be killed) on any difficulty with hardcore mode turned OFF, even after you complete their side quests. I'm working on getting all the companions then going back to my favorite little robot and a nothing-to-lose sniper.
  • Dabenguin - October 30, 2010 12:46 a.m.

@manguy17 I did too Great article as usual
  • Manguy17 - October 30, 2010 12:42 a.m.

Anyone else find that compared to dogmeat from fallout 3 everyone in new vegas dies alot more...