Topics

6 Evil Resident

• david-green - February 14, 2012 12:58 a.m.

in regards to the last line of the article, thats not necessarily true as when RE5 was coming out, the trailers showing Jill in the test tubes had EVERYONE thinkin it was either Sherry or a new character. nobody expected it would be Jill until it was confirmed so its possible this new mercenary could possibly be steve or another previously seen character
  • DeadSirius - January 23, 2012 12:55 p.m.

It couldn't be Hunk because Hunk is over the age of forty. If you see him take off his helmet at the end of one of his missions (can't remember the game, think it was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles), he has grey hair and the facial structure of a middle-aged man. He also fought in a war, according to his dialogue in one game. So he's ruled out. Alex Wesker would be really nice, and it couldn't be Steve Burnside (at least I think, I thought he died).
  • steve-burnside - April 10, 2012 6:37 p.m.

who the fuck is Alex wesaker albert saves steve in cv beat the game its steve burnside
  • thelazymackenzie - January 22, 2012 12:58 p.m.

Saw the trailer... is it too late to get into resident evil?
  • skowronskim - January 22, 2012 10:08 a.m.

Its been announced that the blonde girl is Sherry Birkin but Ashley also makes an appearance.
  • nachooo - January 21, 2012 9:11 p.m.

I really like RE games very much,but i will never play this if that badass monster is Leon.
  • JoeMasturbaby - January 21, 2012 6:44 p.m.

he's obviously the nemesis' son.
  • Darkwun - January 21, 2012 5:46 p.m.

The Merchant is a TERRIBLE idea lol I'd stop playing Resi if this is the case! He was cornish! because he has gloves and he liked money is themost tenuous link I've ever heard! I'd prefer it as the dog Leon rescued in disguise who is secretly Ameterasu in disguise. I'm pretty sure i saw Ichi jumping inside Sherry's cleavage... I'm going for Hunk or Alex. I'd love to take control of a Wesker character myself. But then I'd love to see Hunk in his own story! But if Alex is a good guy, who'd be the big bad? :o interesting... But could still see Capcom keeping it a secret WHOEVER iti. of curse they're ging to say it's Chris and Leon. We can SEE that. But they're always going to keep some secrets-Sherry was leaked out, but this was always going to be the bigger question
  • minigamer83 - January 21, 2012 4:43 p.m.

I think you're right about the Alex theory but the girl is Sherry Birkin not Ashley Graham, but whoever the guy is, this game it's gonna be great!
  • Squander - January 21, 2012 1:59 p.m.

I'm wondering how much time lies between RE4 and 6? if its less than 8 years it might be possible that the zombified president is the father of Ashley - hence making it quite possible that Ashley wants to team up with the mercenary in order to rescue/save her dad who might be threatened
  • Errrrbo - January 21, 2012 10:46 a.m.

I'm pretty sure he's voiced by Troy Baker, based on what I heard in the trailer. For those who don't know, Troy is the voice of Booker DeWitt, (Bioshock Infinite) Snow, (FF XIII) Two Face, (Batman Arkham City) Vincent, (Catherine) and several other things.
  • Cptbunny - January 21, 2012 9:50 a.m.

From the RE Wiki: "There is an unlockable epilogue file in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis that shows HUNK without his helmet and mask sitting on an Umbrella helicopter following his successful mission." (http://residentevil.wikia.com/HUNK) File: http://residentevil.wikia.com/Hunk%27s_Epilogue Looks kind of like him. I don't see a scar though, but doesn't mean he didn't get it after.
  • Japanaman - January 21, 2012 9:41 a.m.

It's both, people, it's both. Alex Wesker's codename was Hunk. He's like the only dude to survive all of the operations. I mean, it seems like lots of Umbrella employees got killed during the outbreaks, but not Hunk who would have to be superhuman like one of the Weskers.
  • taterboob - January 21, 2012 4:56 a.m.

This is purely speculation on my part obviously, but I think that it is Alex Wesker, and (I really hope) the girl he's with isn't Ashley, but rather Sherry Birkin. According to the Wesker's Report disc that came with Code: Veronica X, Sherry has been in custody by Wesker's group ever since the end of 3. Wesker even ominously says "there's something about that girl" at the end of the report, leaving a plot thread hanging that I've been waiting to be resolved ever since. Unless Capcom retconned that out of course(in which case I'll be very disappointed). My guess based on that? Alex helps Sherry escape and she accompanies him on whatever mission he's on. Her G-Virus infusion is what allows her to keep up with him and do all the crazy Uncharted stuff seen in the trailer. In addition (and even more of a stretch), the patches on his jacket look suspiciously familiar to the eyes seen on individuals infected by the G-Virus, such as William Birkin and Lisa Trevor. They're even in the same location and have the same basic positioning. Good job, Mr. Cooper.
  • jackthemenace - January 21, 2012 4:19 a.m.

I hadn't thought about it being RE4's merchant before, but now I am convinced that's who it is. Also, I'm still a Resi Novice. Could someone please explain to me who HUNK is? I mean, I recognise Wesker, and most of the other characters mentioned, but some of the more obscure ones, like Steve Burnside, I have no idea who they are :/
  • taterboob - January 21, 2012 5:10 a.m.

Hunk is an Umbrella mercenary who was initially introduced in RE2 as part of the squad that was sent in to forcibly retrieve the G-Virus sample from William Birkin. Birkin injects himself with the virus and turns into a monster, killing the squad and kicks off the Raccoon City outbreak by releasing the T-Virus. Hunk is the sole survivor of the squad and the "4th survivor" of Raccoon City, after Leon, Claire, and Sherry. He wakes up shortly after the attack, and escapes with the last sample of the G-Virus. He's reappeared in various Mercenary modes in various RE games since then. Steve Burnside, on the other hand, is from Code: Veronica. He's being held on the same Umbrella prison island as Claire because his father was selling Umbrella secrets to competitor companies (I think). He and Claire are eventually captured by Alexia Ashford (the main villian of that game), and he is infected by the T-Veronica virus. He hulks out into a monster and tries to kill Claire, but then comes to his senses and saves her from one of Alexia's giant tentacle things. For his efforts, he gets smashed by the tentacle and apparently dies. That said, Wesker says in one of his reports that his group managed to recover Steve's body before the base blew up, so who knows what's going on with that.
  • warblade100 - January 21, 2012 3:55 a.m.

Could hardly wait. It seems like these guys want me to be playing games for a very long time in my life. Why do they have to keep peaking my interest with this bad-ass Resident evil?....oh boy!!!
  • RyoonZ - January 21, 2012 3:43 a.m.

He's Cole McGrath ... Okay I don't really knows a lot about Resident Evil's history but I think he's likely Alex
  • GR HollanderCooper - January 21, 2012 1:05 p.m.

Honestly considered doing "Characters from other games that might be RE6's Merc" and he was number 1 on my list.
  • shadowless92 - January 21, 2012 2:25 a.m.

it has to be Alex Wesker it makes perfect sense. Albert Wesker is probably the most memorable character from Resident Evil and to have another similar Character to keep people interested is logical. also i really can not wait for this already... first big game news in SO long i really think at some point he will put on glasses like alberts lol